1 minute ago, Kreggerz said:

I don't think so. 

okay post yours that we can get in pattaya

Just now, just hanging said:

okay post yours that we can get in pattaya

Dave's but it's really out of the way. 

11 minutes ago, Kreggerz said:

Dave's but it's really out of the way. 

i like this better than daves, he doesn't like to use cheese...... and he doesn't open for lunch and area inconvenient but nice guy and nice place.   try another

i dont see everything in black and white, so convenient and tasty works for me.  As I said would not work in LA, nor would any of the others in town cept for closed Sams

I'd eat it :)

you chaps should try that little mexican stall on soi bukou. Evil did a review of it in his under 300b thread. I've had the taco and burrito. The chef seemed adamant that she wouldn't use bad ingredients to make them cheaper.

10 hours ago, just hanging said:

this would not pass in LA but in Thailand it will, tasty Mexican.   Wooden Box

\

IMG_7104.JPG

Burritos with fries.....  hmmmm   que delicioso.....

I am not ting tong...my mother had me tested.

16 hours ago, taylor1975 said:

I'd eat it :)

you chaps should try that little mexican stall on soi bukou. Evil did a review of it in his under 300b thread. I've had the taco and burrito. The chef seemed adamant that she wouldn't use bad ingredients to make them cheaper.

burrito looked good, taco was a joke, finger food

I do hit mikes once in a while, just passable

19 hours ago, just hanging said:

this would not pass in LA but in Thailand it will, tasty Mexican.   Wooden Box

IMG_7103.jpg

IMG_7104.JPG

yeah, they were great, but wish they had a salad and some fruit too

7 hours ago, just hanging said:

burrito looked good, taco was a joke, finger food

I do hit mikes once in a while, just passable

Yeh agreed. I don't know how big a burrito is meant to be but it was a pretty small snack. Tasted good, but i didn't go back for another.

36 minutes ago, taylor1975 said:

Yeh agreed. I don't know how big a burrito is meant to be but it was a pretty small snack. Tasted good, but i didn't go back for another.

Taco is too small, burrito is small too. I guess good if you are trying to eat less. I think the food tasted good here too but not enough food for my appetite, I am not a big eater.

8 minutes ago, Cheetos said:

Taco is too small, burrito is small too. I guess good if you are trying to eat less. I think the food tasted good here too but not enough food for my appetite, I am not a big eater.

I haven't been yet but why not just order two burritos? If one is good and they're too small, seems the obvious solution. 

25 minutes ago, Kreggerz said:

I haven't been yet but why not just order two burritos? If one is good and they're too small, seems the obvious solution. 

I'm a slim guy, but 2 wouldn't fill me. 3 or more likely 4. At 90b a go (for a streetside stall) ....it loses its appeal if you have to order more than 1 in my opinion.

Maybe JH can tell us what his meal cost, for some perspective.

Price is also a factor. Why would anyone pay double to make up for the shortcomings of any resteraunt.

3 hours ago, Kreggerz said:

I am not a very big eater, I attempt to tell the truth, the burritos and tacos here tasted good but actually I could eat maybe 3-4 burritos or 6-7 tacos to satisfy my hunger. I am not a big guy. 

Best you look and decide what you think.

I don't want to get into a debate about the "authenticity" of Mexican-style food in Pattaya, but tacos sold in Mexico are traditionally small and are eaten as street food.  Here's what Serious Eats says in part (my bold text):

"There are many regional variations, but the oldest, most widely consumed forms are made with soft white corn tortillas griddled on a comal until lightly charred or steamed until soft. They're small (usually no more than three or four inches across), and are eaten as a street snack."

Tacos sold in Mexico City from this article on the best tacos:

Mexican-taxo.jpg.93205a91e196914cfa99117daa9da4f3.jpg

mexico-city-tacos-manolo.jpg.50c48b060c5d70dc591f48304ee75ab5.jpg

The original burritos from Northern Mexico were also small, about the size of cigars.  Big tacos and burritos meant to be eaten as a meal are an adaptation to U.S. tastes and preferences. 

The hard-shell, U-shaped corn-tortilla taco filled with iceberg lettuce, tomato and ground beef, then topped with European-style yellow or white cheese was popularized by Glenn Bell of Taco Bell. It had little to do with Mexican tacos. Same-same with the giant burritos of San Francisco's Mission district or the even bigger ones with french fries sold in southern California. If Taco Bell and stoner burritos are the standard by which you judge Mexican food, well ...

In terms of taste and appearance, the tacos sold at Taco Taco on Soi Bukhao are closer to the original than any others in Pattaya except at Dave's Cantina.

11.jpg.bbefd793c84f0a0093bc754e9dd85062.jpg

In terms of price, you aren't paying double at Taco Taco.  The beef tacos cost 45 baht each.  How much do the taco's cost in a sit-down restaurant in Pattaya?

Santa Penevil

dancing-santa-claus.gif

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

21 hours ago, baddog666 said:

Burritos with fries.....  hmmmm   que delicioso.....

Need some refried beans.

15 minutes ago, Evil Penevil said:

I don't want to get into a debate about the "authenticity" of Mexican-style food in Pattaya, but tacos sold in Mexico are traditionally small and are eaten as street food

Very true.... I have fond memories of eating tacos from street vendors in Mexico.  In the 80's I was in Cozumel and wandered off the touristy main streets.

Stopped at a small street stand for some fish tacos ( Cozumel is a seaside town ) ...The lady seemed to be so happy to have a " gringo " customer... she chased away a guy who was sitting next to her stand and offered me his seat on a small plastic stool.

The tacos were soft shell with fresh fish and homemade salsa.... 

Have had similar carnita tacos in Mexico , unfortunately it has pretty much ruined me and I rarely go for Mexican food these days because I am usually disappointed ... 

I am not ting tong...my mother had me tested.

1 hour ago, Evil Penevil said:

In terms of taste and appearance, the tacos sold at Taco Taco on Soi Bukhao are closer to the original than any others in Pattaya except at Dave's Cantina.

11.jpg.bbefd793c84f0a0093bc754e9dd85062.jpg

In terms of price, you aren't paying double at Taco Taco.  The beef tacos cost 45 baht each.  How much do the taco's cost in a sit-down restaurant in Pattaya?

Santa Penevil

dancing-santa-claus.gif

I assume the pic is from soi bukhao place. If so, it either looks deceiving or she's changed the size of them. I ordered 4 taco's and they arrived, comfortably, on 1 plate. You should have seen the look on my face lol.

34 minutes ago, taylor1975 said:

I assume the pic is from soi bukhao place. If so, it either looks deceiving or she's changed the size of them. I ordered 4 taco's and they arrived, comfortably, on 1 plate. You should have seen the look on my face lol.

agree, the tacos pictured looks twice the size that I received, I was astounded and speechless when her father served them to me. I mean, I am used to being taking advantaged of here but this was fucking ridiculous .

6 minutes ago, Cheetos said:

agree, the tacos pictured looks twice the size that I received, I was astounded and speechless when her father served them to me. I mean, I am used to being taking advantaged of here but this was fucking ridiculous .

Wasn't sure if i was being a bit of a tight ass or not. I'm not familiar with mexican food at all. Glad you felt the same lol.

Archived