IGNORED

Smell from Drainage

TigerWoods

22 hours ago, Iamkanga said:
23 hours ago, forcebwithu said:
A more effective solution than the scrub brush thingy for sure. But I'm a lazy cunt who hates to shop, so used what was available.

I don't think that is where the odour is coming from. It wasn't in my case and I found the answer on another forum.

Ok, I give in. Where was it coming from?

Ok, I give in. Where was it coming from?
I was waiting to hear from the OP. But since you asked!

Most toilet pans have a couple of small holes to allow for screws to be drilled into the concrete floor. In more than installation these are rarely used. So if the seal between the pan and sewerage pot is not perfect it allows for an odour to escape. So applying a small amount of silicon to these holes should remedy the problem. At least it did for me. If it does continue putting a bead of silicone around the base of the pan might be another solution.

3 hours ago, Iamkanga said:

I was waiting to hear from the OP. But since you asked!

Most toilet pans have a couple of small holes to allow for screws to be drilled into the concrete floor. In more than installation these are rarely used. So if the seal between the pan and sewerage pot is not perfect it allows for an odour to escape. So applying a small amount of silicon to these holes should remedy the problem. At least it did for me. If it does continue putting a bead of silicone around The Base of the pan might be another solution.

Well isn't that OBVIOUS?!? No amount of toilet and building design is going to help if the toilet isn't mounted properly. :unsure:

On 11/13/2017 at 04:18, mcfish said:

Failing the above recommendations it's possible the toilet has cracks at The Base where it's sealed allowing gasses to escape

Same deal. When I was much younger one could buy a Reader's Digest home manual that explained such things and far more to laymen. A little common sense and research might serve in these cases. 

Just ventilating. Feel free to carry on. :Oops1:

On 05/12/2017 at 12:49, tberg said:

I don't know if the scrubber thing will work or not,but on the right track.Put some water in a plastic bag and cover drain when not in use seals out the smell.I had access to the septic tank so put a 90 degree elbow on the pipe,you have to get it in the right position so water flows but keeps the elbow full of water.Not perfect but worked for me.

I had a scrubber who would smell every time I took her drainage.

Replaced her with a model with better O Rings!

18 minutes ago, CyberPro said:

Well isn't that OBVIOUS?!? No amount of toilet and building design is going to help if the toilet isn't mounted properly. :unsure:

Not sure if you are aware but it is common practice to simply silicone the toilet pan to the floor as a form of installation. At least in Australia. The odour seepage I was referring to was from the sewage inlet to the pan pipe. As the pan is a sealed unit if you seal it to the floor and seal the unused holes it is impossible for the odour to escape even if the seal is not fitted correctly.

BTW we have something better than the readers digest. Its called Google! 555

Archived