IGNORED

11-abreast in Economy on the way

davidge

On 11/13/2017 at 02:49, baddog666 said:

Obviously the point of view of a short skinny person.   A person can not help it if they were born tall . I agree as far as some morbidly obese types, but often big people are big due to health reasons, not just Mc Donalds and ice cream. 

i hear that all the time.  are you talking 1% of fatties.  go to Starbucks and watch what the fatties order, and in restaurants and in the plane.  You are paying for x amount of space, the more space you get the more you pay as it should be.  some fat bastard should not be in your space for whatever reason he is fat.  I have one guy whos blubber was all over me, could not put my arm on the armrest, told his to lean away from me which didnt help much but allowed me to breath. After finishing all of his meal, he asked for a second one

14 hours ago, just hanging said:

i hear that all the time.  are you talking 1% of fatties.  go to Starbucks and watch what the fatties order, and in restaurants and in the plane.  You are paying for x amount of space, the more space you get the more you pay as it should be.  some fat bastard should not be in your space for whatever reason he is fat.  I have one guy whos blubber was all over me, could not put my arm on the armrest, told his to lean away from me which didnt help much but allowed me to breath. After finishing all of his meal, he asked for a second one

Did you ever consider not only the tall people, but those that were born bigger ?

I'm not talking about the fat pigs who pack an apple pie in their carry on , but some folks , men and women are just big.

Put 20 Russians and 20 Chinese in a room.  See the difference.... genetics.

I am not morbidly obese, but I am larger than what may be considered average. 

I will always purchase a premium/ extra legroom seat on a short haul flight for comfort.

For a long haul I will pay for Business class .

It is a shame the airlines are so greedy that we even have to debate such an absurd topic such as this.

I also feel the airlines need to grow some balls and start enforcing their own rules..... if you are too fat to fit in one seat, you must buy 2 seats.

I am not ting tong...my mother had me tested.

On 11/12/2017 at 11:49, baddog666 said:

Obviously the point of view of a short skinny person.   A person can not help it if they were born tall . I agree as far as some morbidly obese types, but often big people are big due to health reasons, not just Mc Donalds and ice cream. 

Can you elaborate on which medical conditions cause obesity?  Low thyroid is a treatable one, any others? Obesity is the cause of way more medical maladies than there are maladies that cause obesity. Obesity can indirectly cause foot, knee or hip problems, respiratory problems, circulatory problems, cardiac problems, etc. Throw in diabetes (type ll) and the related maladies become volumnous. The question is which came first, the obesity or the medical condition? The answer is almost always obesity. 

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

49 minutes ago, likeaking said:

Can you elaborate on which medical conditions cause obesity?  Low thyroid is a treatable one, any others? Obesity is the cause of way more medical maladies than there are maladies that cause obesity. Obesity can indirectly cause foot, knee or hip problems, respiratory problems, circulatory problems, cardiac problems, etc. Throw in diabetes (type ll) and the related maladies become volumnous. The question is which came first, the obesity or the medical condition? The answer is almost always obesity. 

You are correct and I wasn't really trying to defend fat people, but Thyroid disease, Cushing's which involves the body producing too much of one hormone, and also depression which is rampant all lead to obesity . I am not a doctor but worked in healthcare for many years. Many medications can have side effects that slow metabolism or simply make a person more lethargic.

To an average and reasonably healthy person it isn't rocket science to lose weight.

Burn more calories than you consume. Period.

You don't need endless hours of exercise , you don't need to get mail order food or follow special books.  Use common sense.

Bottom line , we tend to be too judgemental at times. We see a big man or woman and immediately assume they eat Big Macs for breakfast and 2 pizzas before lunch.  Sometimes it is true, but often there are serious underlying reasons .

I am not ting tong...my mother had me tested.

6 hours ago, baddog666 said:

You are correct and I wasn't really trying to defend fat people, but Thyroid disease, Cushing's which involves the body producing too much of one hormone, and also depression which is rampant all lead to obesity . I am not a doctor but worked in healthcare for many years. Many medications can have side effects that slow metabolism or simply make a person more lethargic.

To an average and reasonably healthy person it isn't rocket science to lose weight.

Burn more calories than you consume. Period.

You don't need endless hours of exercise , you don't need to get mail order food or follow special books.  Use common sense.

Bottom line , we tend to be too judgemental at times. We see a big man or woman and immediately assume they eat Big Macs for breakfast and 2 pizzas before lunch.  Sometimes it is true, but often there are serious underlying reasons .

I forgot about this common side effect of several medications. Over decades  medications have continually come up with new formulas that have little or no increase in efficacy but have decreased the undesireable side effects, thus making them acceptable to more of those who need them. There's still a long way to go, though. 

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

7 hours ago, baddog666 said:

Did you ever consider not only the tall people, but those that were born bigger ?

I'm not talking about the fat pigs who pack an apple pie in their carry on , but some folks , men and women are just big.

Put 20 Russians and 20 Chinese in a room.  See the difference.... genetics.

I am not morbidly obese, but I am larger than what may be considered average. 

I will always purchase a premium/ extra legroom seat on a short haul flight for comfort.

For a long haul I will pay for Business class .

It is a shame the airlines are so greedy that we even have to debate such an absurd topic such as this.

I also feel the airlines need to grow some balls and start enforcing their own rules..... if you are too fat to fit in one seat, you must buy 2 seats.

seen plenty of big people that were not fat, I might be one of them.  Their fat does not roll over on to me, we may be touching shoulders but if we keep to our space we have to live with it. a fat pig is not the same

Archived