IGNORED

BKK Airport Hotel for a few hours?

HenryTO

On 11/11/2017 at 13:21, HenryTO said:

I don't know any hotel where I can pay little money in Pattaya and spend just a few hours.

little court soi buchaeo 200 bahts for 3 hours. it is near pattaya klang or central road. or 450 bahts all night.

beside Soi New Plaza where there are cheap drinks and ladies all night.

You don't need to book it just show up and show id.

almost opposite soi for D Apartment

I attach a rolled up yoga mat (foam) to my hand luggage bag, for similar reasons. It weighs almost nothing.

If i get stuck in an airport, it gets rolled out and i can lie on it and relax. I also have a back support cushion which would become a pillow.

On ‎11‎-‎11‎-‎2017 at 01:11, Captain Courageous said:

"Just 30 mins from the airport."  How can that be unless the Royal Thai Airforce provide a Blackhawk to ferry you about ?

Just a matter of the right cabdriver :)

2 hours ago, ShaneFalco said:

Just a matter of the right cabdriver :)

Obviously

6 hours ago, HenryTO said:

This one is not willing to do that.

I've  never encountered a guesthouse up to now unwilling to accommodate a later arriver,

I'm curious which one that would be. I really hope yr not being charged for that nite

12 hours ago, hab-itant said:

I've  never encountered a guesthouse up to now unwilling to accommodate a later arriver,

I'm curious which one that would be. I really hope yr not being charged for that nite

I will post a detailed review on this Guesthouse after my journey. I am going to Pat for the first time, so maybe choosing this accommodation was one of the inevitable mistakes. However, I hope this will be my only 'minus' during this trip.

On 11/13/2017 at 07:26, HenryTO said:

I will post a detailed review on this Guesthouse after my journey. I am going to Pat for the first time, so maybe choosing this accommodation was one of the inevitable mistakes. However, I hope this will be my only 'minus' during this trip.

have a great trip!

the mistakes are all part of the fun:D

of course this forum can help with a lot of them

when r u there? I'm going Jan

Maybe Boxtel at the airport. Ground floor level.
20170526_201043.thumb.jpg.844c087c6581cb34cc35bb259481a649.jpg
1250 baht to sleep in a box?! For that price I rather stay in Sukhumvit.

On November 13, 2017 at 07:26, HenryTO said:

I will post a detailed review on this Guesthouse after my journey. I am going to Pat for the first time, so maybe choosing this accommodation was one of the inevitable mistakes.

However, I hope this will be my only 'minus' during this trip.

Just one email away from correcting your first mistake.  

Cancel and get another room that takes care of your needs.

10 hours ago, Whalley said:

Just one email away from correcting your first mistake.  

Cancel and get another room that takes care of your needs.

When booking a hotel anywhere in the world, including Pattaya, there are many things that I consider. Based on many reviews that place is meeting most of my needs. And I doubt I can find a place that would meet ALL my needs. So I choose whatever I think is best among the given options.

On 11/10/2017 at 23:53, deano4598 said:

Are you saying Nana is NOT just 30 min from the airport? My impression is about right but perhaps others have a better idea?

It can be anywhere from 25 minutes to around an hour depending on traffic. Early hours of the morning midweek usually when the quick trips happen 

On November 20, 2017 at 06:59, HenryTO said:

When booking a hotel anywhere in the world, including Pattaya, there are many things that I consider. Based on many reviews that place is meeting most of my needs. And I doubt I can find a place that would meet ALL my needs. So I choose whatever I think is best among the given options.

Not hard finding places in Pattaya that meet all needs including the most basic:

1) Bed

2) Not being locked out when you arrive and left to sleep on the street.

Late night arrivals seem to be the norm for me. I usually stay on one of several airport hotels that have a room/transfer/breakfast package. Cost around $19-25 USD.

When you select a room, need to be sure you pick an option with r/t transfer included.

Thong Ta Resort Suvarnabhumi

Airy Suvarnabhumi Hotel agoda

Floral Shire Resort agoda

Many international flights arrive at BKK around midnight, just after the Airport Rail Link, BTS, MRT, and Currency Exchange counters all close, how convenient!  This happens to me every trip coming from USA.  I usually just take a taxi to a cheap hostel in Bangkok for the night, where the shared coed dorm rooms are only like 200 baht.  There is one hostel by Soi Cowboy I always stay in so I can enjoy the Crazy House in that night, crash in the hostel, then take the bus for around 108 baht from Ekkami BTS station in Bangkok to Pattaya the next day. 

On 11/22/2017 at 05:33, Whalley said:

Not hard finding places in Pattaya that meet all needs including the most basic:

1) Bed

2) Not being locked out when you arrive and left to sleep on the street.

no way HenryTO should be charged for that nite if they don't leave access to the room

I usually fly in during the day but this time I am flying in at midnight. I decided against staying in BKK. I will take a taxi to Pattaya and stay in a cheap hotel $20 (Secrets on Walking Street) for the night and check into my condo in the morning). I can go straight to a disco and pick a girl up. I think the savings staying in BKK plus bus will be neglible when you factor in extra costs for hotel and girls.

• 2 months later...
On 11/14/2017 at 18:16, hab-itant said:

have a great trip!

the mistakes are all part of the fun:D

of course this forum can help with a lot of them

when r u there? I'm going Jan

I am going in 2 weeks

1 hour ago, HenryTO said:

I am going in 2 weeks

What did you decide to do for the first night?

As others have suggested, once I got the "tough shit!" reply from the guesthouse re the first night, I would have seriously considered looking elsewhere.

BTW, I was having some issues with my hotel for Feb. 15-19, so decided to "shop around" two days ago.  I was very surprised by the lack of availability (or absurd price bumps, like Holiday Inn going for $200+ per night), then realized that it is Chinese New Year, following on the heels of Valentine's Day.

Luckily, I was able to get my hotel to accommodate me for a slight fee, and am now pretty damn happy (and it will bump up the "thrilled" when I get to Pattaya and confirm things go as they have emailed! 555)

I booked a hotel near BKK airport - 20$ for the night (or I should say for 10 hours or so). I will also have to pay 150 Baht for a shuttle to the hotel.

Personally I’d go straight to patts, but should you feel like you want to sleep and relax and tackle the next day i’d Recommend:

http://www.miracletransithotel.com/m/

http://m.suvarnabhumiairport.com/en/hotels/detail/299355

both hotels are located in bkk airport and should tie you over if it’s in your budget. 

C

On 11/10/2017 at 07:33, mcfish said:

Why wouldn't you book 2 nights at the Nana hotel Nana Plaza?

Just 30 mins from the airport.

Never could understand the mad rush to Pattaya like it's going to disappear or something

Yeah, and there will be dozens of freelancers on soi4 to welcome you!

My usual flight from Melbourne lands at Suvarnabhumi about 8.30pm (2030) Thai time but that is 1230am (0030) on my body clock with the four hours time change from eastern Australia.

If I am going to Pattaya - sometimes I have a couple of days in Bangkok - I book a hotel near the airport; they usually have a shuttle bus to and fro.

There are lots of hotels, check www.agoda.com and search 'Bangkok airport'.

Next morning I take the 10am Bellbus to Pattaya bus station, transfer to minibus to get to my hotel: arrive about noon. If my room is not available until check-in time of 2pm, I just leave my baggage and go out for a light lunch and a stroll, plus call into 7-11 for stock of drinks and other essentials.

BellBus is about 250 bahts; hire car and driver costs 1200 plus 100 tip. The one thousand bahts less often covers the hotel bill. Check http://www.belltravelservice.com/

Archived