Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Buying a Fujifilm camera from Lazada

The Sly Fox

Seen a Fujifilm camera I want going for a pretty good price on Lazada and thinking about buying it. However, a question about warranty. I heard some cameras sold in Thailand only come with a Thailand warranty, not an international warranty. But a couple days ago I checked out a Fujifilm camera in a Big Camera store and the warranty did say International Warranty. So do all Fujifilm cameras sold in Thailand, including those bought on Lazada, come with an international warranty?

Women are made to be loved, not understood.

The salesperson at Big Camera in Central Marina, when I inquired about the lower prices on Lazada informed me that cameras sold on Lazada have No warranty that is why they cost less.  Caveat emptor.

I wasn't really sure what caveat emptor means so Googled it. A bit difficult to check the goods before buying mail order. Oh well. I'm making a visit to Australia next month so I think better I but it there and get the full warranty. Thanks for your response.

noun

1. the principle that the buyer alone is responsible for checking the quality and suitability of goods before a purchase is made.

16 minutes ago, whitespider said:

Never used Lazada but if its similar to Ebay is there not a "contact the vendor" option where you can ask.

I'll look again whitespider and see if there's some way to ask Lazada.

2 minutes ago, The Sly Fox said:

I'll look again whitespider and see if there's some way to ask Lazada.

If the saving is worthwhile it might be worth asking Fuji also.

My gut feeling is that the shop person may have been stringing you along BUT warranties can be a minefield. The warranty would be from the manufacturer but they do tend to have many different versions to cover things like country of purchase etc etc. i would guess there would be "A warranty" (making the shop guy technically wrong) but what and where it covers is the question. 

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

31 minutes ago, whitespider said:

My gut feeling is that the shop person may have been stringing you along BUT warranties can be a minefield. The warranty would be from the manufacturer but they do tend to have many different versions to cover things like country of purchase etc etc. i would guess there would be "A warranty" (making the shop guy technically wrong) but what and where it covers is the question. 

Some cameras on Lazada state no warranty provided. But I asked about this a year ago on PA and Jerry (who knows a great deal about cameras) replied that means no return warranty provided by Lazada, but the camera will still come with the standard 1 year manufacturer's warranty....but if that is Thailand only or international I'd like to find out. I'll try to ask Fuji BKK.

On 11/6/2017 at 18:34, Encora said:

So what are you getting?
I just bought the XE3 with 35/1.4, current special...
And added a very cheap 18/2.0

My heavy DSLR gear is gathering dust.

X70. I've been waiting all year for the X80/X70F to appear but it now seems Fuji isn't going ahead with an updated X70. I really need a small camera with an articulated screen and large sensor. I'm not crazy about the 18.5mm lens but I just can't see any other camera that ticks most of the boxes. 

On 11/6/2017 at 12:50, whitespider said:

I sent Fuji an email asking them, haven't had an answer and don't expect to get one. I filled in the Q&A form on Lazada website and asked them, but no answer and I notice the previous person who asked a question 3 months ago has gone unanswered. I phoned Lazada in BKK and spoke at length with one of the operators. She checked and said if it stated no warranty provided then that means just that, she said if I need a manufacturer's warranty then I should buy from a camera shop.

What i can't understand is this model is manufactured in the Fuji factory in China, after the camera is assembled it's packed in a box with the accessories and the instruction book and warranty cards. So what happens to the warranty card with the cameras that Lazada is dealing? Surely Fuji don't produce different batches of the same camera...this batch will be sold with a full international warranty...this batch won't have any warranty at all. I can't understand this at all.

Anyway, I'll be in Australia in 4 weeks from today and I can get this camera (Fuji X70) from one of the online dealers for a little bit less than Lazada Thailand's price, plus full 1-year warranty from Fuji. So I'll wait to next month.

Pretty certain it will have a warranty card inside,but which one I do not know    :)

16 hours ago, The Sly Fox said:

Surely Fuji don't produce different batches of the same camera...this batch will be sold with a full international warranty...this batch won't have any warranty at all. I can't understand this at all.

Quite possible they will make different batches. Some will be packed with a US plug, some a UK plug, some a AU plug etc. Some will have Asian language, chinese, thai language, etc, some European english, french, german etc. They may put different accessories in the box. Manufacturers know that if they don't make different batches and sell at different prices people in the West will import them from the East at lower cost and sell them at lower cost (grey imports) and steal their profit.

Maybe there are some websites where you can buy a generic warranty or would travel insurance cover you?

11 hours ago, petermik said:

Pretty certain it will have a warranty card inside,but which one I do not know    :)

I'm pretty certain too but not 100% percent certain. Only way to find out is order one, and if it comes without a warranty it's too late and dodgy if the camera needs servicing after a while. 

5 hours ago, bungee said:

Quite possible they will make different batches. Some will be packed with a US plug, some a UK plug, some a AU plug etc. Some will have Asian language, chinese, thai language, etc, some European english, french, german etc. They may put different accessories in the box. Manufacturers know that if they don't make different batches and sell at different prices people in the West will import them from the East at lower cost and sell them at lower cost (grey imports) and steal their profit.

Maybe there are some websites where you can buy a generic warranty or would travel insurance cover you?

Yes I understand that, when boxing the cameras there are different plugs/chargers for various regions. I doubt if languages come into it because the instruction books/CDs are always multi-language. The accessories are the same everywhere, I've looked at this camera on websites in Thailand, Oz, UK, USA and other countries and watched unboxing vids on Youtube from all over the world.

By "different batches" I mean - this batch we'll provide full warranty and support. This batch nothing. I just can't see that happening. I agree with petermik that it'll probably have a warranty inside. But I'm bamboozled why Lazada doesn't clarify this.

Anyway, it's easier for me to just wait a month and buy one in Oz. Thanks for your reply, I appreciate your input.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎06‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 11:19, Cheetos said:

The salesperson at Big Camera in Central Marina, when I inquired about the lower prices on Lazada informed me that cameras sold on Lazada have No warranty that is why they cost less.  Caveat emptor.

Do you believe sales talk?

• 4 months later...

Those cameras on Lazada that are cheaper than Nikon authorized retailers are grey market, which along with refurb you can get some fantastic deals. Also check out Shopee.co.th for some really good deals on camera gear. I found those to be better than Lazada's prices. 

I almost never buy new from authorized retailers unless there's an insane promotion. If the store is reputable and has been in business for a long time, there's hardly any risk with grey market stuff. 

On 21/03/2018 at 19:22, Thailand555 said:

Those cameras on Lazada that are cheaper than Nikon authorized retailers are grey market, which along with refurb you can get some fantastic deals. Also check out Shopee.co.th for some really good deals on camera gear. I found those to be better than Lazada's prices. 

I almost never buy new from authorized retailers unless there's an insane promotion. If the store is reputable and has been in business for a long time, there's hardly any risk with grey market stuff. 

I've heard that cameras sold grey market are cheaper but don't have a warranty.

Is it really worth taking such a risk with something so expensive? Personally in 10 years of owning cameras I've never used a warranty

And also there are official Sony and Fujifilm stores in Bangkok.

On 3/23/2018 at 20:06, Thailand Red said:

I've heard that cameras sold grey market are cheaper but don't have a warranty.

Is it really worth taking such a risk with something so expensive? Personally in 10 years of owning cameras I've never used a warranty

And also there are official Sony and Fujifilm stores in Bangkok.

It think it's well worth the risk , a lot of shops offer an in-house warranty.  The buyer just has to do their due diligence.  Many of the shops on ebay offer in house warranty as well. 

yeah, I forgot to mention other camera manufacturers lol .. They have some pretty good deals on Fuji and Sony kits as well. (and Canon I'm sure of but I never searched)

Archived