IGNORED

transit in bali

bryso

just booked my xmas flight to thailand but never done this route before

flying in and out of bali, only got 90 mins between flights

has anyone been a transit passenger in bali? never flown there before myself

wont have checked baggage so only carry on and i i tend to check in online for my second flight

would i still need to go through immigration ?

you bought 2 separate tickets? Or both on same ticket?

risky going with two different airlines.  if there is any delay and you miss your next flight you won't be covered, you'll have to buy another ticket then.  I haven't done a stop over there but 90 minutes is cutting it very thin.  Hope somebody has the right advice for you.....actually you should maybe check how much insurance is if the flights fuck up.  pay for it at the same time as you're getting health insurance.

1 hour ago, Sloracer said:

If that volcano drops it load yiu may be there for a while :)

That's been downgraded for now.

I have done a plane change in bali many times, on my way to BKK. You will have to go thrpugh custome, and there can be queues, But if you see a long queue, look bewilderedand slightly agitated, and look at local peopel or airline staff hanging around. You are likely tobe approached, as I was, by someone who will say "You want Fast Track?

I forgot what it cost me, maybe fifty dollars or so, but He took me past the long rows of peopel waiting to have there passport checked, and to a different counter, maybe airline staff or VIP counter,and I was whisked through quickly, out into the open area and back past another immigration counter where they checked me out, straight to the gate of my BKK flight, 10 mins max.

I suppose similar as the fast checkthrough you can pre-order for Suvarnambhumi. 

I suggest as soon as you exit your plane and enter the airport, look for groundstaff and ask "Fast check through", or something like that.  Not having checked luggage will help. 

I am not sure if it is an official system, or an informal way where a number of offficials take a cut of the payment.

Let us know how you get on...

19 hours ago, Encora said:

I have done a plane change in bali many times, on my way to BKK. You will have to go thrpugh custome, and there can be queues, But if you see a long queue, look bewilderedand slightly agitated, and look at local peopel or airline staff hanging around. You are likely tobe approached, as I was, by someone who will say "You want Fast Track?

I forgot what it cost me, maybe fifty dollars or so, but He took me past the long rows of peopel waiting to have there passport checked, and to a different counter, maybe airline staff or VIP counter,and I was whisked through quickly, out into the open area and back past another immigration counter where they checked me out, straight to the gate of my BKK flight, 10 mins max.

I suppose similar as the fast checkthrough you can pre-order for Suvarnambhumi. 

I suggest as soon as you exit your plane and enter the airport, look for groundstaff and ask "Fast check through", or something like that.  Not having checked luggage will help. 

I am not sure if it is an official system, or an informal way where a number of offficials take a cut of the payment.

Let us know how you get on...

thank you so much for the info

much appreciated,will let you know how i get on

You should be checking in for your Bangkok flight 2 hours before, check in will close 1 hour before, sorry but I don't think you will make it

9 minutes ago, mancity09 said:

You should be checking in for your Bangkok flight 2 hours before, check in will close 1 hour before, sorry but I don't think you will make it

He's going to do online check-in so that isn't a problem. 

Use a site like flightstats to see how punctual your flight into Ball is. Of course this is no guarantee it will not be late the day you fly but will give you an idea.

Nice place Bali and if I could fly via there to Thailand I'd be tempted to have a night out there.

Archived