IGNORED

Is there a World Series thread?

Fire Bar Matt

I can't see a World Seties thread and to be honest I'm a little surprised there isn't one (too lazy to search). 

I'm a long time AA's fan so part of me kind of want the Dodgers to win but TBH another part would be more than happy to see the long suffering Astro's win this year. 

Game 2 was pretty awesome, watching Game 3 now. 

25 minutes ago, Dr No said:

I can't see a World Seties thread and to be honest I'm a little surprised there isn't one (too lazy to search). 

I'm a long time AA's fan so part of me kind of want the Dodgers to win but TBH another part would be more than happy to see the long suffering Astro's win this year. 

Game 2 was pretty awesome, watching Game 3 now. 

Classic game 2, even if your a Dodger fan, that was one for the ages.

Hard to believe Dodgers are still in game 3 with only 4 hits and they made 2 errors......

Astros bullpen is weak spot...........

1 minute ago, Jake2b said:

Classic game 2, even if your a Dodger fan, that was one for the ages.

Hard to believe Dodgers are still in game 3 with only 4 hits and they made 2 errors......

Astros bullpen is weak spot...........

Yasiel Puig has got to be the most error prone major league player. How this guy gets a start is beyond me. So far in Game 3 I've seen him cost the Dodgers an out and a run. It must drive Dave Roberts mental !!!!!

Honestly, he is not worth that "extra" baggage, will make 2/3 dumb decisions/plays per game, on bases/field/plate/etc..........

3/2 count, everyone in the building knows outside curve ball in the dirt is coming except for #66.........

Getting thrown out at 2nd base was unacceptable, he ran to first with head down to beat the throw from 3rd base, once he picked up the ball got by 3rd, he should have stayed at 1st..... that's not hustle, that dumb base running.   Joc Peterson was a hustle play stretching a single to double.....

I know your an AA's fan, but that 88 series with Dodgers when Kirk Gibson walked off versus Dennis Eckersley was classic.

Your team had a great run: 72/73/74...... last one 1989...........

This series will go 7...........

3 minutes ago, Kangarooted said:

I stopped watching after Deflategate.

Also waiting for the 49ers to come good, they'rein a bit of a rut...

unnamed (3).jpg

Wrong sport mate. 

3 hours ago, Jake2b said:

Honestly, he is not worth that "extra" baggage, will make 2/3 dumb decisions/plays per game, on bases/field/plate/etc..........

3/2 count, everyone in the building knows outside curve ball in the dirt is coming except for #66.........

Getting thrown out at 2nd base was unacceptable, he ran to first with head down to beat the throw from 3rd base, once he picked up the ball got by 3rd, he should have stayed at 1st..... that's not hustle, that dumb base running.   Joc Peterson was a hustle play stretching a single to double.....

I know your an AA's fan, but that 88 series with Dodgers when Kirk Gibson walked off versus Dennis Eckersley was classic.

Angels fan mate, not A's :) but yeah that was a great game back in '88. 

Not sure if it will go 7 now, Astro's look pretty good at MM Park. I just wish we could have a Kershaw vs Verlander game but it doesn't look likely. 

I'm just happy it wasn't Yankees/Dodgers. At least I can get behind Houston a little. As a Rockies fan, the thought of having to choose between the Dodgers and Yankees would've ruined it.

Sorry Boss Man.... did not pick up the 2nd A..........

Been to spring training in Tempe, AZ, love watching Angels games at that stadium....

I don't have time or interest  to watch a game live, but have found a good way to watch 15 minutes of highlights of the whole game.  There may be an easier way to do this, but this way works for me on my cheap iPad:   I go to yahoo sports, then to MLB standings, then to the team I want to watch ( for the WS, it's the Astros or Dodgers, obviously ).  After a few seconds, a video appears that shows the most recent game played by that team.  Excellent coverage with some good replays of important plays.  

During my recent sojourn in the States, this was the only way that I could stand to watch my newly-pathetic Giants lose another game.  Sure beats wasting time and/or money on a long baseball game.  Internet can be great.

4 hours ago, thailien said:

I don't have time or interest  to watch a game live, but have found a good way to watch 15 minutes of highlights of the whole game.  There may be an easier way to do this, but this way works for me on my cheap iPad:   I go to yahoo sports, then to MLB standings, then to the team I want to watch ( for the WS, it's the Astros or Dodgers, obviously ).  After a few seconds, a video appears that shows the most recent game played by that team.  Excellent coverage with some good replays of important plays.  

During my recent sojourn in the States, this was the only way that I could stand to watch my newly-pathetic Giants lose another game.  Sure beats wasting time and/or money on a long baseball game.  Internet can be great.

Thankfully this weekend I have both the time and interest. Being an early morning person I've walked the dog, done my morning run and have now settled in to a relaxing 3+ hours of World Series baseball. 

You can't be bitter about the Giants, they've had some great years recently and I'd be more than overjoyed if they were my team. Coincidentally the last Angels WS win back in 2002 was over the Giants. 

The name of the event just gets me how many countries are in it again.

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.

21 hours ago, Jake2b said:

To give context to our European friends:  I would say Yasiel Puig is the Mario Balotelli of baseball.  He is amazingly talented yet batshit crazy. 

In Puig's defense, he has had a really rough life.

I'm a Ranger fan and normally dislike the Astros but I have a lot of Houston friends who have suffered with the hurricane and I can tell that what the Astros are doing really means a lot to their community.  Thus, I'm biting the bullet and am quietly rooting for the 'Stros.

Game 4 is getting pretty tense too.  Can not believe the games both teams #4 starter are throwing.  

9 hours ago, thailien said:

I agree, with MLB network/Fox/ESPN..... much easier to watch the highlight, even game #2 was 1/1 after 7 innings, that might have taken almost 3 hours to get there, real game start from inning 8 to 11th............. 

Giants had a tough season, not sure how they go from World Series Champs few years ago to to where they are now. 

Everyone forgets how bad the Astros were: Losing 100+ games in 2011/2012/2013..... then 92 in 2014, start turning everything around in 2015......

8 minutes ago, Capt Hook said:

It was a good game tonight....

Go LA Go !!!

Was a very good game..... Dodgers have to much talent for the bats to stay down for 2 long.  I'm a Astros fan, but their bullpen will be the reason this goes back to LA for game 6 and hopefully game 7..

No way Astros were going to win 4 games in a roll.... 

4 hours ago, talung66 said:

The name of the event just gets me how many countries are in it again.

World series, its just our friends from across the pond dreaming again, LMAO.

I watched all of Game 1 -- it was the first time that I had watched an entire baseball game on TV in forever.  Afterward, they announced it was the fastest game since 1992 (I think), and I realized that was why I was able to stay with it!  LOL

Interesting Game 4 tonight - I picked it up late and stuck with it through the end.  Houston bullpen was a mess.

I'm in a "can't lose" position -- I grew up outside of Houston and my Dad was a big Astros fan, so it'd make me smile thinking of him if they win.  If the "Doyers" (you understand that if you've been in LA in baseball season) pull it out, I can give my friends from high school and college all kind of shit (ESPECIALLY the one who was bashing Vin Scully and that whole first pitch thing before Game 2....you just don't bash Vin - he's an icon!)

Icon, living legend, hall of famer, yeah you're right, you just don't bash Vin. 

I could listen to that man all day long, just a remarkable broadcaster.

Kershaw and Keuchel tonight.  Should be a great game.  Got the scotch and steaks waiting.

Vin Scully = Best announcer ever!

I can't see Astros getting near Kershaw tonight.

It's a shame Kershaw won't be starting again in LA the way the rotation is set up. I would've loved to see him win it in a game 6 or 7 at home.

1 hour ago, matta said:

Vin Scully = Best announcer ever!

I can't see Astros getting near Kershaw tonight.

It's a shame Kershaw won't be starting again in LA the way the rotation is set up. I would've loved to see him win it in a game 6 or 7 at home.

Before last night I would have predicted Kershaw would go a game 7 for however long he had the gas.  But he would replace who?  Wood?  Heck he pitched a hell of a game last night.  Betting Kershaw is in the pen and will be available early if anything happens.'

2 minutes ago, fatjack1 said:

Before last night I would have predicted Kershaw would go a game 7 for however long he had the gas.  But he would replace who?  Wood?  Heck he pitched a hell of a game last night.  Betting Kershaw is in the pen and will be available early if anything happens.'

Yes for sure but I've got a feeling they win it in 6. 

I hope he gets the win today, he deserves some post season success.

Archived