IGNORED

Plane with Empty Seats.

noshow

1 hour ago, weblo said:

I would love to Scalli, but I can't afford it.

But you ain't the one whining dude.

I have too suffered this disappointment, as a cattle class flyer,  when you book the flight you expect to be a sardine in a sardine can. As someone who likes a window seat so I can lean against the side+ I like looking out when I can, I know I am likely to be boxed in. Although still suffer the disappointment, when I am 1st to arrive and 2 people turn up later for my neighboring seats.

Last year it was pushback and I had 2 empty sears between me and the aisle, I was thinking happy days. A bloke from the full row behind moved forward in to the aisle seat, I was annoyed, but at the same time thought fair play to him, I didn't blame him for moving to have more space, and I still had the middle seat free. 

On 10/14/2017 at 13:01, Diggsy said:

The only case you've the right to ask him to go back to his seat is when moving between different categories  (first class, business, premium seats,...), because you're paying more for luxurious seats.

One good trick is to put some personal stuff on the aisle seat (book, neck pillow, charger, iPad,...), they'll assume that seat owner went to toilet till you lay on them.

I don't seem to get the "likes" properly, so please accept my "like".

On 10/14/2017 at 13:46, penboy said:

You have to sit in your allotted set for take off - keep the plane balanced.

I've been in the situation you describe. My shoes are off, the arm rests are up and I sprawl out as soon as the seat belt signs are off. Possession is 9/10ths of the law :)

another "like".

On 10/14/2017 at 07:06, noshow said:

A few weeks ago I wrote a topic about this. I was sitting at the window seat when a couple sat on the other two seats, then a cabin crew member came and

took them away, probably giving them an upgrade, before I could claim the other two seats to lie on, a guy came and claimed the aisle seat. Should I have told him to move back to his own seat? What would you have done?

I know I will not let this happen again. He will be told to fuck off.

Ever think the two were in the wrong seats and after they left the guy who came was coming to his own seat?

Regardless you paid for one and you get one not three. 

This shit gets annoying whenever your flying Air Asia and right after take-off some riff raff assigned to the back of the plane, sits in a premium seat usually in aisle 5-7. These seats are usually unoccupied as most passengers are too tight to splurge for the better seats. Than the same riff raff proceeds to recline their seat into your lap, and your thinking this asshole didn't even pay for the seat. 

So one time I ratted out a Russian lady and to my amusement her friend sitting in the next aisle over, takes a long look at me and blurts out "big mouth". That was all the inflight entertainment I needed that day.

I'm lost. You had a window seat obviously by choice. Ignore the couple that got upgraded nothing to do with it. Why would you be telling someone to "move" when thats not your allocated seat when someone hops into it ??

It wasnt his allocated seat but neither was it yours ??

I generally have been lucky with empty rows  and have engineered seat placements online to try and find them, my last trip with Thai air will probably be my last for many reasons but on the return to LHR I had a row to myself I had asked at check in if there was anyone seated on the row and it was confirmed at that time I was the only passenger on that row so "greedily" I spread stuff across the seats to try and stop someone seat swapping. Then she appeared the oldest cabin crew member I have ever seen, she made me clear the seats and whilst I tried to tell her I had checked they were not allocated she walked away, the next thing was before take off she tried to encourage 3 Thai passengers to move to the row who all refused and I am not being racist she tried again during the  early part of the flight,during the flight she showed preferential treatment to Thai passengers often ignoring requests from others and that was only the time I was awake stretching out in my "flat bed" and sleeping for nearly 6 hours of the flight.

Yes it's a common occurrence in seat changing on all the airlines i've flown, without notifying the cabin crew.....

On one of my recent flights i had the window seat plus the 2 seats empty next to me....as soon as plane got to the required altitude & the seat belt sign went off, i quickly layed across all 3 seats & had a little nap for hour or so. It definitely stopped the seat jumpers in their tracks 55555555

Although saying this, i've also had one women sit down in one of the spare seats while i was watching a movie...this was half way through the flight...i didn't say anything, i thought it would be too awkward to make a big fuss over something small.    

On 14/10/2017 at 12:06, noshow said:

A few weeks ago I wrote a topic about this. I was sitting at the window seat when a couple sat on the other two seats, then a cabin crew member came and

took them away, probably giving them an upgrade, before I could claim the other two seats to lie on, a guy came and claimed the aisle seat. Should I have told him to move back to his own seat? What would you have done?

I know I will not let this happen again. He will be told to fuck off.

noshow the simple answer would be to sit in the aisle seat yourself when you get on the plane.  In fact book an aisle seat when you book your flights.  By sitting in the aisle seat this would discourage others from sitting in the window and centre seats in your row

Archived