Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Plane with Empty Seats.

noshow

A few weeks ago I wrote a topic about this. I was sitting at the window seat when a couple sat on the other two seats, then a cabin crew member came and

took them away, probably giving them an upgrade, before I could claim the other two seats to lie on, a guy came and claimed the aisle seat. Should I have told him to move back to his own seat? What would you have done?

I know I will not let this happen again. He will be told to fuck off.

9 minutes ago, noshow said:

A few weeks ago I wrote a topic about this. I was sitting at the window seat when a couple sat on the other two seats, then a cabin crew member came and

took them away, probably giving them an upgrade, before I could claim the other two seats to lie on, a guy came and claimed the aisle seat. Should I have told him to move back to his own seat? What would you have done?

Big risk. You don't have the right to determine who sits in any seat but your own. If you were aggressive you might find yourself offloaded or worse.

Best thing you could have done was go to the toilet every 15 minutes for the first hour or so.

Also watch something on an iPad and burst out laughing every 2 minutes,

1 minute ago, Kahoy said:

Big risk. You don't have the right to determine who sits in any seat but your own. If you were aggressive you might find yourself offloaded or worse.

Technically, you are supposed to stay in your allocated seat so you can be identified in the highly unlikely chance the plane crashes, so it would seem that the cabin crew will be on your side, there would not be any need to be aggressive, when I said I will tell him to fuck off, that was only a figure of speech.

Just now, noshow said:

Technically, you are supposed to stay in your allocated seat so you can be identified in the highly unlikely chance the plane crashes, so it would seem that the cabin crew will be on your side, there would not be any need to be aggressive, when I said I will tell him to fuck off, that was only a figure of speech.

Technically, yes but passengers jumping seats is very common and hostesses, especially on Asian airlines seem to tolerate it except during take off.

4 minutes ago, Kahoy said:

Technically, yes but passengers jumping seats is very common and hostesses, especially on Asian airlines seem to tolerate it except during take off.

In that case I would just ask the guy to go back to his proper seat, and if he refused, there are ways to make him uncomfortable without resorting to violence, think about it.

Not much you can do. They have as much right to use it as you and even more if they asked if they could move there.

32 minutes ago, noshow said:

The empty seats are not yours to lay claim to and neither are they anyone else's, you've got no right to decide who can use them so telling someone to fuck off is just plain wrong

As already said; you have no right to other but the seat you paid. Apperently you are not a frequent flyer and heres the best advice for an enjoyable flight: be nice

4 minutes ago, CuppaTea said:

The empty seats are not yours to lay claim to and neither are they anyone else's, you've got no right to decide who can use them so telling someone to fuck off is just plain wrong

Only a figure of speech, if it happens again I will put something on the two vacant seats, and not move them for anyone and just let the cabin crew decide, if the guy continues to sit there he will have an uncomfortable flight, but definitely no violence, maybe  having a sudden weak bladder.:D

2 minutes ago, Kandinski said:

As already said; you have no right to other but the seat you paid. Apperently you are not a frequent flyer and heres the best advice for an enjoyable flight: be nice

I am nice to everyone who is nice to me.

The only case you've the right to ask him to go back to his seat is when moving between different categories  (first class, business, premium seats,...), because you're paying more for luxurious seats.

One good trick is to put some personal stuff on the aisle seat (book, neck pillow, charger, iPad,...), they'll assume that seat owner went to toilet till you lay on them.

2 minutes ago, noshow said:

I am nice to everyone who is nice to me.

50 minutes ago, noshow said:

Perception of being nice  is obviously not universal.

I do understand your frustration but pretty sure your reaction won't do you any good

1 hour ago, noshow said:

If the plane was empty, I highly doubt they were upgraded.. Frequent flyers only get upgraded on full flights (to make room for someone else in economy). Most likely they were moved to an empty row.

This exact same thing happened to a friend recently, except he went ballistic on the guy because there were plenty of other empty seats. The guy pretended not to know english. In the end, he didn't move.  Why don't you look for another empty row instead?

You have to sit in your allotted set for take off - keep the plane balanced.

I've been in the situation you describe. My shoes are off, the arm rests are up and I sprawl out as soon as the seat belt signs are off. Possession is 9/10ths of the law :)

13 minutes ago, hioctane said:

If the plane was empty, I highly doubt they were upgraded.. Frequent flyers only get upgraded on full flights (to make room for someone else in economy). Most likely they were moved to an empty row.

This exact same thing happened to a friend recently, except he went ballistic on the guy because there were plenty of other empty seats. The guy pretended not to know english. In the end, he didn't move.  Why don't you look for another empty row instead?

i think the thread title is misleading. the other chap would not have wanted to move if there were empty rows all over the place

2 hours ago, noshow said:

Rookie mistake on your part.

No, you cannot tell another passenger to fuck off.  I would just smiled at you. Having one seat beside you is a huge win. 

What you should have done is to sit in the middle seat. Now you know for next time..

2 hours ago, noshow said:

If the plane crashes, I don't think being identified by your seat will be of any significance.

2 minutes ago, weblo said:

If the plane crashes, I don't think being identified by your seat will be of any significance.

Remember if it is going to crash removed false teeth & glasses then bend over & kiss your ass goodbye :)

8 minutes ago, weblo said:

Maybe not, but the major airlines appear to stand by it.

1 hour ago, hioctane said:

I only noticed one other window seat row with the 2 vacant seats, the plane was nowhere near empty.

Agree with everyone. Count it as a win that you got space in the middle.

If i sensed you were trying to make things deliberately uncomfortable, i'd probably rise to the challenge, knowing that you were more annoyed than me, so i win!

unlucky and a bit annoying, but nice to act like a decent person.

Buy a biz class seat next time and you won't have this harrowing experience.

2 hours ago, Skalliwag said:

Buy a biz class seat next time and you won't have this harrowing experience.

I would love to Scalli, but I can't afford it.

I had a similar experience recently. A lady across the way decided the vacant seat would be a great place to park her young son. So she could spread out across two seats and sleep. I was baby sitting for most of the flight. I had repeated conversations with the cabin crew, and they with her. But no dice, she wasn't moving him. At one point she took her son to the lav, I quickly put my carry-on in the seat. She returned and put her kid on top of my bag and went back to sleep.

The purser came back at one point. Apologized, but said as long as she is not in the seat I paid for,  there is really nothing they can do. She has as much right to that seat as I do. (no right at all)

Archived