IGNORED

WANTED : small dog-like a beagle or pug, short hair or ??

how122255

Hello, I am looking for a short hair dog. I have a house. I am retired Farang and have a Thai wife and live in Thailand full time. I have had many dogs in my lifetime. I will give it a good home and take very good care of it. We can talk about price....English or Thai....I don't want to just take a soi dog or go to a puppy mill.

Beagle puppy.jpg

Pug.jpg

Don't take a pug, they have number of breathing and respiratory problems which get worse with age.

Have you considered Jack Russel terrier ? Great dogs but they do need exercise and stimulation. If you give them both they are better than any digital entertainment package !!

Yes, I would consider a Jack Russel.  I've had many dogs when I was younger  but all were large, like doberman, great dane, old english sheepdog, rottweiler,  and afghan...

Don't take a pug, they have number of breathing and respiratory problems which get worse with age.
Have you considered Jack Russel terrier ? Great dogs but they do need exercise and stimulation. If you give them both they are better than any digital entertainment package !!

I'm also considering getting a Jack Russell, are they big barkers/yelpers?

If you get a Jack Russell you could hire it to expats in Soi Arunothai to kill the fucking rats that don't seem to bother the Thais.

As much as I love all things Australian, I got to get me action of the asian persuasian.

1 hour ago, Memurtle said:

I'm also considering getting a Jack Russell, are they big barkers/yelpers?

They can be noisy little fuckers when they want. I had one for 10 years, loved it to bits but boy could that little thing get on my nerves at times when it went off :)

If you train them well from a young age they are great little dogs though. 

As mentioned already, they need a good amount of exercise because they have a lot of energy. 

Pugs fit better on the rotisserie.Just saying.

7 hours ago, how122255 said:

Hello, I am looking for a short hair dog. I have a house. I am retired Farang and have a Thai wife and live in Thailand full time. I have had many dogs in my lifetime. I will give it a good home and take very good care of it. We can talk about price....English or Thai....I don't want to just take a soi dog or go to a puppy mill.

Are there no rescue dogs, looking for a good home? 

2 minutes ago, Memurtle said:

Won't feed a family of 20 tho!

IMG_9038.JPG

1 minute ago, Memurtle said:

Hahaha I meant human family!!

So did I.

That lot would feed 20.

Pups are like a Chateubriande for two.

I got my Jack Russel terrier from a rescue centre when he was about 3 years old.

He is pretty quiet. Definitely does not yap. He does growl a lot when he.is playing with a toy and is imagining it's a rat so he shakes the living daylights out of it.

Best breed I've ever had. Except when he picks fights with bigger dogs. 

10 hours ago, taylor1975 said:

Are there no rescue dogs, looking for a good home? 

Where ?   Do you have a address ??  or  Link ?   Thanks

1 hour ago, how122255 said:

Sorry no ....maybe someone else can provide

I love french bulldogs, small and cute without all the problems of traditional bulldogs and pugs

Consider malting hair, some breeds are better than others for this matter.

607e51b9b31a8cf151808694eee337ba--dinners-french-bulldog.jpg

Do you have a lot of land? You've had many dogs in the past, so probably know this, but in case not, beagles are trackers. They love to follow a scent for a long distance. They may feel quite stressed if kept on a small lot and not taken for *long* walks every day. And they can be difficult to control. Also their howl can be very loud and agitated. Pug or Shih Tzu would be a better choice for a small lot.

JRT also if you can take it out for a brisk walk regularly. They are such a fun dog! But can be a handful. Much more than pug or Shih Tzu.

EDIT: Chihuahua also is generally a good companion and a fun dog. Mine is forever digging or getting into mischief. And she only has one speed which is full bore! Almost never walks anywhere -she is usually scooting around the house and is a feel-good friend to have around. They tend to be affectionate, jealous, get attached to their owners, which I guess are the traits that make them a good companion. But also can live with other dogs in the house. Of course YMMV but those are the general traits. 

2 hours ago, how122255 said:

Check Pattaya Mail and BahtSold. There are generally shelters advertising in the first. 

Baht & Sold.

Mongrels tend to be healthier than pedigree dogs so remember vets bills can mount up.

Archived