Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

ThaiThai Kitchen

17 hours ago, Bobby137 said:

This is a prime example of how we all differ, and with good reason, too. If I was a light eater or ate 3-4 times a day, your dish would probably be sufficient to 'hit the spot'. But knowing my eating habits, that wouldn't fill me up as an evening meal.

I am a lighter eater, and usually go with two meals of this depth and some coffee and fruit in the morning. Do break my supper rules a few times a week with some heavier stuff, but after having spent 6 of the last 9 months here in Thailand, my habits are changing and I have dropped 5 kilos. Feeling better too.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
135 baht :ThumbDown1: must agree with you there Bobby.........ain,t worth it   :ThumbUp6:

I had this tonight up next to Buakhao market: 97 baht. Almost £1 less than the dish I linked above. I would guess it was a larger portion overall, and included double the meat.

But most importantly, it tasted better!

6749b5a8d62e861f0aa79906aee4c282.jpg

On 4/1/2018 at 11:42, Bobby137 said:

I had this tonight up next to Buakhao market: 97 baht. Almost £1 less than the dish I linked above. I would guess it was a larger portion overall, and included double the meat.

But most importantly, it tasted better!

6749b5a8d62e861f0aa79906aee4c282.jpg

What is the name of this place please?

What is the name of this place please?

Buakhao market, the food 'stalls' there. It's the one on the far left, in the corner. I grabbed this picture from google maps but can send a better one tonight if need be.

That particular dish is the "chicken in oyster sauce" (or just point at the pictures of the food and ask for "number 1"). It's 80B for the main, 10B for rice. The drinks vendor at the other end sells beer/sodas/water for more or less 7-11 prices.

e7e435ad03b444f12d574431c3d30199.jpg

7771084e520c047fbc3a8e08afcff261.jpg

I tried Thai Thai in january.Place was nice and clean,courteous and effective staff,food looked good and well presented,prices so-so,but unfortunately I found the dishes to Westernised and bland when it came to taste.If they spice it up I would most deffo be back since Im staying in the area.

39 minutes ago, Yahooka said:

I tried Thai Thai in january.Place was nice and clean,courteous and effective staff,food looked good and well presented,prices so-so,but unfortunately I found the dishes to Westernised and bland when it came to taste.If they spice it up I would most deffo be back since Im staying in the area.

The than they may assume you don't want it too spicy their food is totally authentic Thai and not at all modified from traditional recipes. Ask for it spicy next time if you like it so.

• 1 month later...

nice place and staff but the portions were very small,I would rather pay a bit more for a regular size neal

On 4/9/2018 at 19:05, Yahooka said:

this^^, food cooked to suit the western palate. 

................................................................................................................

On 3/31/2018 at 11:49, ChiFlyer said:

IMG_1541.JPG

They ruined that hard boiled egg, which really doesn't bode well for their ability to cook anything else..  I'll still give them a try next time I'm in town I suppose.

Always happy to help a fellow monger :)  Stay safe & healthy gentlemen!!!  :hello09:

23 hours ago, JamesFerris said:

They ruined that hard boiled egg, which really doesn't bode well for their ability to cook anything else..  I'll still give them a try next time I'm in town I suppose.

I have seen a lot worse crimes against nature committed against eggs in the overall Pattaya area. :)

It seems that a yolk can only be brought to the table after it has reached a hockey puck level of consistency.

I ate there a few times in April. Had the massaman curry which was good but I've had better, Nong Jai on 2nd Road had a better massaman curry. The omelette was nice and good to have for breakfast. The BBQ red pork was nice but a little to sweet for me. Going to try So's Place further down the Soi and will go back to ThaiThai and Nong Gai as well. 

20180325_125647.thumb.jpg.bd2d3d6358640c3bade35fd98f4c8281.jpg

20180328_144553.thumb.jpg.ecc36b1e1712e9f4e40f73ed2af04c02.jpg

20180327_122011.thumb.jpg.a78fb197d132d106425e0e91afb4d459.jpg

13 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

I have seen a lot worse crimes against nature committed against eggs in the overall Pattaya area. :)

It seems that a yolk can only be brought to the table after it has reached a hockey puck level of consistency.

I was referring to that dark ring around the yolk - the eggs were cooked way, way too long to have that thick of a iron ring.  There should be none whatsoever.  And.. you just need to boil them and set a timer.  Shouldn't be too tricky.  Although I will agree, I've seen some heartbreaking things done to eggs in town as well.  *Pout*.

Always happy to help a fellow monger :)  Stay safe & healthy gentlemen!!!  :hello09:

The owner of the restaurant is actually an American, and his girl runs the place....and yes she is hot.  There is also a long legged waitress in there who lives with her expat man. She is hot as well.

I would not consider this the best food in patty by any means. But I do consider it very good and cheap. While the portions are a bit on the small side, I have found that I prefer that now. We foreigners tend to want big heavy meals....of which I think Americans are the worst at. 

Most meals here are less than 1 LD or even a beer. Why bitch ? We are on vacation, walking around and eating at different places is part of the fun. If all meals were big I end up fat as fuck from wanting to eat at many different places. 

Cafe pitini / bake and brew are the 2 best daily meals I will think about when I leave. 

Thaithai kitchen will be remembered as fast/cheap/close by/good way to end a LT on the cheap/quick meal that will not overfill me for dinner. 

One thing I have learned....getting up at 1-4pm to start the next day is the norm. TTK fills this perfectly. 

9 hours ago, JamesFerris said:

I was referring to that dark ring around the yolk - the eggs were cooked way, way too long to have that thick of a iron ring.  There should be none whatsoever.  And.. you just need to boil them and set a timer.  Shouldn't be too tricky.  Although I will agree, I've seen some heartbreaking things done to eggs in town as well.  *Pout*.

I am a home cook with limited talents, but I follow the following to get hard boiled eggs without the dark rings.

Place eggs in water covering them by at least an inch. Bring the water to a boil. Cover and reduce to a simmer for 8 minutes. Place eggs in ice water bath for a minute. No ring and shells do not stick.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchen/deviled-eggs-recipe-1973562

I've got a better one.

Boil water (add baking soda to it).

When water is at full boil, put in eggs.

Turn off heat and move pot away from the heater burner.

Let sit for about 17 minutes.

Place eggs in very cold water for 10 minutes.

Perfect.

Even better still...

Boil water

put eggs in for 4 minutes while boiling

take out, run cold water on them for 30 seconds,

crack open and eat.

:)

3 hours ago, Mognam said:

Even better still...

Boil water

put eggs in for 4 minutes while boiling

take out, run cold water on them for 30 seconds,

crack open and eat.

:)

That's not hard boiled. 

13 hours ago, Kreggerz said:

I've got a better one.

Boil water (add baking soda to it).

When water is at full boil, put in eggs.

Turn off heat and move pot away from the heater burner.

Let sit for about 17 minutes.

Place eggs in very cold water for 10 minutes.

Perfect.

I missed a key detail.

You must COVER the pot after you take it off the heat.

1 minute ago, gambler said:

^^ LOL at you guys getting anal about hard boiled eggs    :Laugh1:

Yeah but professional cooks should be expected to know how to boil an egg properly. Not much is easier than that. 

3 hours ago, Kreggerz said:

Yeah but professional cooks should be expected to know how to boil an egg properly. Not much is easier than that. 

Have you any tips on using a toaster to make toast?

2 hours ago, Pheat said:

Have you any tips on using a toaster to make toast?

Yeah.  Toast it in the toaster until it's done.  Don't leave it in there for half an hour until the yolk in the toast has a half inch of grey around it and the toast's egg white has turned to rubber.:Number1a:

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 14:56, islandnut said:

The owner of the restaurant is actually an American, and his girl runs the place....and yes she is hot.  There is also a long legged waitress in there who lives with her expat man. She is hot as well.

I would not consider this the best food in patty by any means. But I do consider it very good and cheap. While the portions are a bit on the small side, I have found that I prefer that now. We foreigners tend to want big heavy meals....of which I think Americans are the worst at. 

Most meals here are less than 1 LD or even a beer. Why bitch ? We are on vacation, walking around and eating at different places is part of the fun. If all meals were big I end up fat as fuck from wanting to eat at many different places. 

Cafe pitini / bake and brew are the 2 best daily meals I will think about when I leave. 

Thaithai kitchen will be remembered as fast/cheap/close by/good way to end a LT on the cheap/quick meal that will not overfill me for dinner. 

One thing I have learned....getting up at 1-4pm to start the next day is the norm. TTK fills this perfectly. 

Agree with everything you have said, including about the food.  I have eaten there around a dozen times and always just a nice simple, well cooked Thai meal. Nothing fancy, good value.  I like the portion sizes - just right for me.

Archived