IGNORED

ThaiThai Kitchen

This restaurant was open before but was closed for a few days last week and renovated. Mostly all Thai food but super clean and very cheap. Located in Soi 15, just off Soi Buakhao.

image3.jpeg

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I spoke with a Thai guy who lived in the States for 30 years whom they had brought in to do some consulting. He said they were going to train the cook to do some western basics like pasta carbonara and schitzels, etc for guys who don't eat Thai food but want to bring their girls to eat.

The food is really cheap and excellent so far in my opinion. Very close to where i live so they are going to see a lot of me. A coke is 20 baht!

image2(1).thumb.jpeg.2e1d13f3323cb9b8d6f11b52b46d9537.jpegimage1(1).thumb.jpeg.8c4096bd45ad58c71b0ec44a53a2efce.jpeg

image1(2).thumb.jpeg.365cfac34e43e98c475531ed629a3f5e.jpeg

Pat khrapow gai - Fried basil chicken.

Squid red curry paste - 80 baht.

ผัดพริกแกง ปลาหมึก

image1(3).thumb.jpeg.88ac67afeacaf39921a258f2e9aa3113.jpeg

So this restaurant is located in the soi that runs between the back of the Avenue Mall and Soi Buakhao?

I'd like to try it but I haven't noticed it there before.

35 minutes ago, Kreggerz said:

So this restaurant is located in the soi that runs between the back of the Avenue Mall and Soi Buakhao?

I'd like to try it but I haven't noticed it there before.

Yes, in Soi 15 close to Soi Buakhao next door to Cloud 9. Areca Lodge, Centara Grand, Travelodge and Hideaway are in the same street. It is newly renovated. They were opened before but the owner said they were overwhelmed and so closed it, made some more space, redid the kitchen and hired new staff.

The owner is pretty hot, has an American boyfriend. They got a guy to consult who is probably Thai but lived in the US for 30 years he said. It's run to a high standard.

Earlier, I quoted a coke at 20 baht for a bottle but it's 35 baht. Most meals are 80 to 120 baht. Not huge but velly cheep and aroy mahk.

is it the same soi that runs near 18coins?

1 minute ago, Mognam said:

is it the same soi that runs near 18coins?

yes and no. 18 coins is on soi buakhao I believe. It os fairly close by. This is just off soi buakhao into Soi 15 about 30 yards.

Popia - spring rolls - 90 baht.

image1(4).thumb.jpeg.0a2556665de9d192a4aea3b162f8237e.jpeg

Interesting - thanks - I often take Soi 15 (walking) instead of soi Diana to get to the Buakhau area, as there is less traffic. I will give this place a try some time.

• 4 months later...

My go to place tin cup give me the runns

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.

Looking forward to trying this place! I’ll be staying in that Soi for 2 weeks, normally a Tin Cup fan, but this looks good!

Can you advise what the trading hours are? 

3 hours ago, HowieD said:

Looking forward to trying this place! I’ll be staying in that Soi for 2 weeks, normally a Tin Cup fan, but this looks good!

Can you advise what the trading hours are? 

Closing no idea but back in November  opening at 10am.

On 11 October 2017 at 09:41, Kahoy said:

yes and no. 18 Coins is on soi buakhao I believe. It os fairly close by. This is just off soi buakhao into Soi 15 about 30 yards.

Go pasted Soi Diana down Baukoa heading away from Pattaya central towards Tukcom.

take the right at the 7/11  down the side of the posh Italian. Place, you cant miss it, if you come to the HideWay you have missed it.

51 days  til wheels up.

• 1 month later...

Made it in finally today as I was in the neighborhood.

Great find Kahoy. I had the BBQ pork and rice at 70 baht. The sauce was very tasty. At these prices, what's not to like about the place. It's clean. The staff is friendly.

I went there about a week ago. I'm near Action Street so it's only a few mins walk. I like the colour theme. The menu was presentable (there's a large one on the wall, too). As with 'tin cup', you can have "together" or "separate". You can see the food being cooked. The staff are all in uniforms and polite. There's a toilet. But I'm a grumpy bastard and this (including a bottle of water not pictured) isn't good value in my eyes at 135B.

I lived in Chiang Mai too long (yes, I know Pattaya isn't CM); where I used to eat daily, a dish like this would be nearly half the price (with free water). But hey - sometimes you gotta pay the #PattayaPremium.

ad7481e2809e797ec37b22a194f6e922.jpg

135 baht :ThumbDown1: must agree with you there Bobby.........ain,t worth it   :ThumbUp6:

Here is the 70 baht red barbecue sauce pork and rice. It was good and I could not finish all of it. Em Leew.

IMG_1541.JPG

I like this place. Staff are nice, it's clean and the prices aren't unreasonable. My major problem with it is that if I go there I run the risk of also wanting to go in and have a drink or ten with Bagel, since Korandos is just down the street.

On 11/10/2017 at 10:37, Kahoy said:

The owner is pretty hot, has an American boyfriend. They got a guy to consult who is probably Thai but lived in the US for 30 years he said. It's run to a high standard.

The owner (I thought she was manager, but if you say so) is quite hot indeed. I stayed a couple of months on Soi 15, at a condo just 7 minutes walk from there, and if it's really close by she does delivery herself. Had to tell security many times that, no, this hot woman on a new-ish motorcycle is just coming to bring me food, she's (sadly) not here to indulge in other wordly pleasures :sad:

On 11/10/2017 at 15:18, Kahoy said:

Popia - spring rolls - 90 baht.

I've tried the popia on two occasions, and I have to say they were boring as shit. Not bad in the sense that I wouldn't eat them, I just would never recommend them to anyone. (Somewhat unrelated, but recently I tried to make spring rolls here at home. They were 157% better than the ThaiThai spring rolls on my first try, and 192% better on the second. So it's apparently not so difficult.) All the other food I've tried there was fine.

Here is the 70 baht red barbecue sauce pork and rice. It was good and I could not finish all of it. Em Leew.

IMG_1541.thumb.JPG.a0b18a58e31970703f7dba3327bb8d17.JPG

This is a prime example of how we all differ, and with good reason, too. If I was a light eater or ate 3-4 times a day, your dish would probably be sufficient to 'hit the spot'. But knowing my eating habits, that wouldn't fill me up as an evening meal.

11 minutes ago, Bobby137 said:

This is a prime example of how we all differ, and with good reason, too. If I was a light eater or ate 3-4 times a day, your dish would probably be sufficient to 'hit the spot'. But knowing my eating habits, that wouldn't fill me up as an evening meal.

That's the nature of asian eating. This actually would satisfy my hunger for the time being. I am a light eater. This meal is USD $2.30. Meals like this are not intended to be a full meal in one course. Asians, particularly eating in groups, tend to order several different dishes and share them. Even a person eating alone is likely to order a couple of different dishes. I would much rather pay less for a small meal then more for a meal I couldn't finish. I find the relatively expensive meals at Casa Pascal for example to be way too large and a waste of food for me. 

Nice place, nice idea, friendly staff, but let down by the food which I thought was very poor.

1 hour ago, Taa_Saparot said:

Nice place, nice idea, friendly staff, but let down by the food which I thought was very poor.

Where's better for Thai food at a reasonable or comparable price?

Archived