IGNORED

Be careful when booking Emirates or through Expedia.

Digsy

Years ago ,  on my way back home with broken elbow in sling, ( slipped on the wet floor in Pattaya guesthouse)   ... my allowance was 20 kg ..  my baggage went to 29 or something .. asked me for €240 to pay . I told the lady , I was mugged in bkk and been in hospital and skint  . She took a pity on me and let me go Scot free with €2000 in my back pocket  ... lol. 

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, jocky king said:

Years ago ,  on my way back home with broken elbow in sling, ( slipped on the wet floor in Pattaya guesthouse)   ... my allowance was 20 kg ..  my baggage went to 29 or something .. asked me for €240 to pay . I told the lady , I was mugged in bkk and been in hospital and skint  . She took a pity on me and let me go Scot free with €2000 in my back pocket  ... lol. 

Slipped on a wet floor in a guesthouse? Sure. I’ll believe you. Thousands wouldn’t.

:hello09:

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

7 hours ago, davidge said:

Slipped on a wet floor in a guesthouse? Sure. I’ll believe you. Thousands wouldn’t.

:hello09:

just about everyone reading will have done it in bathrooms here at least once on slippery tiles. Just gotta react quick and wrap your arms around your head so it doesnt crack something hard

7 hours ago, Steed said:

I will never buy airline tickets thru Expedia. Several years ago, when I was traveling a lot, I was at the gate waiting for my flight. A customer came to the gate with a problem. He had missed his flight, and needed to get on another. The agent looked at his record and said: “you booked your ticket through Expedia, so you’ll have to contact them to help you. I’m sorry, but I can’t help you.”

Which was the perfectly accurate answer. Client missing his flight is not the gate staffs problem whatsoever. Need to go back to airline office initially and then the agent. Even with a changeable flight it needs to be done in advance not hoping it can be done becuase someones left it to the last minute to get to the gate. No sympathy bit like someone here the other day booking his taxi 3.5 hours before the off departing hotel at 4pm and breaking down and then moaning here. Madness

Just rechecked the baggage allowance for my Emirates flight going out of Chicago next January. I’m allowed two pieces of check in at 23kg and one carry on at 7kg. I’m flying economy flex btw.

2 minutes ago, great mooglie said:

Just rechecked the baggage allowance for my Emirates flight going out of Chicago next January. I’m allowed two pieces of check in at 23kg and one carry on at 7kg. I’m flying economy flex btw.

Some reason rhere are different rules in different parts of the world.:Oops1:

I think the economy flex luggage has 30kg allowance, one could be 30kg? Dubai has a max allowance 32kg per case. If it is 23 and 7 it's an American thing

18 minutes ago, great mooglie said:

Emirates carry-on policy does not allow for a very big bag. About briefcase size. 

16 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
27 minutes ago, great mooglie said:

I think the economy flex luggage has 30kg allowance, one could be 30kg? Dubai has a max allowance 32kg per case. If it is 23 and 7 it's an American thing

Europe 30 kg, Africa & America 2 x 23 kg.

28 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
39 minutes ago, great mooglie said:

I'm not sure, but don't frequent flyers get 30kg allowance, irrespective of what ticket they buy. Might explain people's different experiences.

16 minutes ago, penboy said:

I'm not sure, but don't frequent flyers get 30kg allowance, irrespective of what ticket they buy. Might explain people's different experiences.

No same allowance but Skywards members get extra on top depending on the level.

Silver 12 kg 

Gold 16 kg

Platinum 20 kg

Archived