Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

A question about TG entering Australia with return ticket

The Sly Fox

We've just applied for visitor visa for my TGF to go to Oz later this year. We asked for the multi-entry visa. If granted she can stay in Oz for 3 months then has to depart and re-enter. Immigration says must be more than 24-hour turn-around. 

Our travel plan is to fly BKK - Perth first week in Dec and return to BKK 6 months later, around end May 2018. So I want to book AirAsia flights for both of us for early Dec 2017 and return flights back to BKK end May 2018. So she'll be holding a return ticket back to her country.

But I'll need to book another air ticket for us to depart and re-enter Oz after 3-months, so she can exit the country for a few days and fly back in for a further 3-months stay.

And I'd prefer not to buy that air ticket right now. I'd rather wait until we're in Perth and I can shop around with the travel agents. Maybe we can go Bali for a week, maybe go S'pore for a few nights, maybe elsewhere, I'd like to see the options before buying.

So I understand that my TGF must have a return ticket to board the plane to Oz and she needs a return ticket to get past immigration at Perth airport. 

So will that AA return ticket for end May 2018 be sufficient or will she have to show another ticket out within 3 months after date of entry? 

Women are made to be loved, not understood.

With no exit ticket within 3 months she is unlikely to be allowed on the flight from Thailand. IMO your plan is not a good one.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

10 minutes ago, Scumbag said:

With no exit ticket within 3 months she is unlikely to be allowed on the flight from Thailand. IMO your plan is not a good one.

Thanks mate. Good to get an answer. OK, so if multi-entry visa granted I'll book a flight out within the 3 months. Scoot have some cheap fares to S'Pore & back.

12 minutes ago, Scumbag said:

Agreed, they might let her on the flight but she will not be approved at Perth Airport and more than likely be put back on the same flight.

Not good for subsequent visa approvals to Australia and a refused entry stamp in your passport will raise red flags to go to other countries afterwards.

People think that immigration only see you when you land, but they will have red flagged her before she lands.

AA fly to Bali cheaply from Perth, and also Bali will be cheaper to live than Singapore so important to purchase in advance, Australian immigration are very strict.

I fly direct to U-Tapao via KL from Perth with AA, and if your TGF is from Pattaya it is a lot simpler, going to Don Muang which AA fly out of is a Pain in the ass.

The annoying thing is that you can easily get a minibus to Pattaya from just across from the exit door at U-Tapao, but not for the return trip, I had to get a minibus to Rayong (not 100% sure, my TGF was with me and did the negotiations), then a moto taxi to the U-Tapao airport, next time I will book a taxi.

Air Asia do a shuttle service from Pattaya  direct to U-Tapao. Check their website for details. Look under Pattaya not U -Tapao

10 minutes ago, Jarrod2518 said:

Air Asia do a shuttle service from Pattaya  direct to U-Tapao. Check their website for details. Look under Pattaya not U -Tapao

I don't believe that they offer the service for all flights.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

I am not sure as to the shuttle schedule. I only used it for international flights departing U-Tapao. It is listed on the booking menu as a separate option.  The alternative is that I have booked taxis. Cost for pick up and drop off was 700THB each way.  

53 minutes ago, Scumbag said:

I don't believe that they offer the service for all flights.

You can get the bus from Central Festival Mall, no need to book - the pickup is clearly market with a banner and times/flights.  It is on the road on the left hand side of the mall as you are walking from the beach (about 50m in).

The bus leaves for all flights and it was B250 (?).  Attached is a photo from one day a few months ago.

AirAsia Shuttle.jpg

Thanks for all the tips everybody. Now my question has been answered. Just have to wait another couple weeks to see what visa has been issued and I can book the airfares.

I saw this advertisement a couple weeks ago.

m_IMG_20170915_152522.jpg.61ea5129821da61ffedeb0fb3c2eacd2.jpg 

On 10/5/2017 at 12:49, The Sly Fox said:

We've just applied for visitor Visa for my TGF to go to Oz later this year. We asked for the multi-entry Visa. If granted she can stay in Oz for 3 months then has to depart and re-enter. Immigration says must be more than 24-hour turn-around. 

Our travel plan is to fly BKK - Perth first week in Dec and return to BKK 6 months later, around end May 2018. So I want to book AirAsia flights for both of us for early Dec 2017 and return flights back to BKK end May 2018. So she'll be holding a return ticket back to her country.

But I'll need to book another air ticket for us to depart and re-enter Oz after 3-months, so she can exit the country for a few days and fly back in for a further 3-months stay.

And I'd prefer not to buy that air ticket right now. I'd rather wait until we're in Perth and I can shop around with the travel agents. Maybe we can go Bali for a week, maybe go S'pore for a few nights, maybe elsewhere, I'd like to see the options before buying.

So I understand that my TGF must have a return ticket to board the plane to Oz and she needs a return ticket to get past immigration at Perth airport. 

So will that AA return ticket for end May 2018 be sufficient or will she have to show another ticket out within 3 months after date of entry? 

Maybe an email to your embassy will answer your question correctly.  I know that for the Philippines the return ticket does not have to be within the visa time frame. 

But..... If the visa for Australia in her passport is valid for 12 months (even though it has a 3month limit), when she checks in the staff will only want to see the return ticket and enter it into their system.  The check in staff are unlikely to know the difference between visas and as long as the date range is correct, there would be no issues, I believe.  Immigration in Australia are unlikely to ask to see the return ticket or if they do it would be a cursory glance.  When questioned, she should say she is staying about 3 months.  If the ticket is questioned, they won't reject her (as long as everything is genuine). At the worst they might ask for more details and even talk to you.  Of course the answers are that you know about the 3 months and are going to go to Bali or Singapore or whatever, but will book a bit closer to the date.  But I see that as being only a very small chance.  (I am not an immigration expert!)

One option might be to buy the return ticket within the 3 months timeframe, but make sure the dates can be changed.  But I just checked the change fee at it is A$95 per sector with AirAsia. Ouch!

8 minutes ago, The Sly Fox said:

Thanks, this post is very useful to me, also good to take a girl to Buddha cliff without having to pay an arm and a leg to it

3 minutes ago, MidniteM said:

Maybe an email to your embassy will answer your question correctly.  I know that for the Philippines the return ticket does not have to be within the Visa time frame. 

But..... If the Visa for Australia in her passport is valid for 12 months (even though it has a 3month limit), when she checks in the staff will only want to see the return ticket and enter it into their system.  The check in staff are unlikely to know the difference between Visas and as long as the date range is correct, there would be no issues, I believe.  Immigration in Australia are unlikely to ask to see the return ticket or if they do it would be a cursory glance.  When questioned, she should say she is staying about 3 months.  If the ticket is questioned, they won't reject her (as long as everything is genuine). At the worst they might ask for more details and even talk to you.  Of course the answers are that you know about the 3 months and are going to go to Bali or Singapore or whatever, but will book a bit closer to the date.  But I see that as being only a very small chance.  (I am not an immigration expert!)

One option might be to buy the return ticket within the 3 months timeframe, but make sure the dates can be changed.  But I just checked the change fee at it is A$95 per sector with AirAsia. Ouch!

I don't agree, the immigration officers look for any reason why she would overstay her visa (have you watched the 'Australian Border Security' series'?), so a one way ticket would raise flags, I have watched programs of Americans and European people being knocked back from Australian airports and returned home due to a 1 way ticket, and being Thai the odds are against her, due to not carrying enough money to survive for that length of time, I know that women from the Philippines have to have the sponsor give Bank statements to prove they can support them prior to visa approvals.

Yes they will interview her definitely, (Matter of fact) but even if they let her in, it is hours of a very serious interview.

It is simply not worth the bother, even if they decide to let her in.

A stamp of entry, providing she has followed the correct leaving date, will be less of a problem on a 2nd trip, but on first arrival, don't tip the scales and run the gauntlet.

Not worth it in the long run.

The UK immigration are equally strict. 

27 minutes ago, MidniteM said:

Maybe an email to your embassy will answer your question correctly.  I know that for the Philippines the return ticket does not have to be within the Visa time frame. 

But..... If the Visa for Australia in her passport is valid for 12 months (even though it has a 3month limit), when she checks in the staff will only want to see the return ticket and enter it into their system.  The check in staff are unlikely to know the difference between Visas and as long as the date range is correct, there would be no issues, I believe.  Immigration in Australia are unlikely to ask to see the return ticket or if they do it would be a cursory glance.  When questioned, she should say she is staying about 3 months.  If the ticket is questioned, they won't reject her (as long as everything is genuine). At the worst they might ask for more details and even talk to you.  Of course the answers are that you know about the 3 months and are going to go to Bali or Singapore or whatever, but will book a bit closer to the date.  But I see that as being only a very small chance.  (I am not an immigration expert!)

Some very dangerous assumptions in this post. Do not allow gut feelings govern how you deal with immigration matters in western countries.

24 minutes ago, MidniteM said:

Cheers mate. It's not really a big issue for me. Sort of 6 of 1 and half doz the other. If she does get the multi-entry visa I'll just book a 3 night return for us to S'pore or KL. As I outlined in my OP the preference would be to shop around a bit in Perth and see what deals agents are offering, but 3 nights in S'pore or KL will be OK and with AA or Scoot there are some cheap fares.

But last thing I'd want is for teerak to get some hassles from officials, so I'll take no chances at all and book all flights in 1 go.

52 minutes ago, The Sly Fox said:

That's good value, only 450 baht for a ride to the airport in a Lamborghini :)

I'm only going on second hand info here, but a few have mentioned on the Phils forum that it is pretty easy to get an extension on the 3 month visa once the girl is in Australia. At least that was the case with pinay's and I'd imagine Thai's may get a little less scrutiny.

12 minutes ago, Sloracer said:

I'm only going on second hand info here, but a few have mentioned on the Phils forum that it is pretty easy to get an extension on the 3 month Visa once the girl is in Australia. At least that was the case with pinay's and I'd imagine Thai's may get a little less scrutiny.

They usually whack the 8503 on the 3 month visa for TGs, so ext is not an option.

1 hour ago, The Sly Fox said:

They usually whack the 8503 on the 3 month Visa for TGs, so ext is not an option.

Yes, exactly what I was going to post. I believe it is not an option unless there is an exceptional reason.

You don't need to buy a return ticket. Thats bull. However....that stupid idiot checking your baggage may disagree. Call the bluff.

Travelled many times with lady from bali, bkk, hong kong, singapore with no return and always been fine.

Yet...had a mate try to leave BKK with his lady and they insisted a return had to be scammed paid there and then.

Stand your ground.

ummm

20 hours ago, Swinga said:

You don't need to buy a return ticket. Thats bull. However....that stupid idiot checking your baggage may disagree. Call the bluff.

Travelled many times with lady from bali, bkk, hong kong, singapore with no return and always been fine.

Yet...had a mate try to leave BKK with his lady and they insisted a return had to be scammed paid there and then.

Stand your ground.

I've looked at lots of websites. Many say the tourist must have a return ticket or show sufficient funds to purchase a return ticket when it's time to leave.

But as I said above I don't want to expose her to any hassles. We just want to go to Oz for a few months and have a pleasant holiday. I'll book all our airfares to & from in advance.

Good news guys. The visa arrived in post today. Issued in just under 2 weeks and they granted the multiple entries that we requested. So we're looking forward to spending the whole summer down in Perth and doing some touring around WA.

On 10/5/2017 at 03:49, The Sly Fox said:

Is this correct.  I had thought that being in possession of the visa, not showing any reason the visa was not suitable, (eg suspicion of intent to work, insufficient funds, criminal intent etc) that no outward ticket was required.

Surely she will be treated the same as I, uk subject on 3 month tourist 651 visa?

Anyone know?

12 minutes ago, simon46 said:

Is this correct.  I had thought that being in possession of the Visa, not showing any reason the Visa was not suitable, (eg suspicion of intent to work, insufficient funds, criminal intent etc) that no outward ticket was required.

Surely she will be treated the same as I, uk subject on 3 month tourist 651 Visa?

Anyone know?

I not really 100% sure mate. As I posted above I've read that you need to show a ticket out - or sufficient funds to buy a ticket. I've also heard the airlines won't let people board the plane without a return ticket. 

So as I've also posted above I don't want any hassles from any officials at any time, I'll just book the return tickets and be on the safe side.

Congratulations, enjoy WA, Perth is about the size of Croydon but pretty, forget the Capital city airport claims, if 2 x jumbos are in biiiig waits.  Blink and you and she will miss the airport, immigration and customs and will be standing among the buses.

You should be there for Oz day besides the Swan, great day and she (not you) will be right at home.

Car hire is cheap if you take out one of those 3rd party excess insurances, that ancient forrest sort of Esperance/Albany way a bit of a shock.

WA is empty, great desert drives, do not fall asleep- easy to do.

Airbnd? In Oz it is great and she will meet Ausies.

Archived