IGNORED

Is it OK for business not to have a English menu.

juice777

On 7.9.2017 at 13:45, juice777 said:

Haha don't know sorry it's written in Danish

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Bacon (in Danish)is:  Bacon

Maybe OP should ask for a menu in English if that is his primary.

I read 86 pct of Danes speak English.  Maybe someone looks like a Dane.

I hope someone is not a typical newbie American traveller that expects everything done the way it is in the good ole  U.S. of A.

Why doesn't everyone accept dollars as payment around the world?  Speaky English damn barbarians!  We got all the nukes!  Heil Trump! 555!

Maybe OP should ask for a menu in English if that is his primary. I read 86 pct of Danes speak English.  Maybe someone looks like a Dane. I hope someone is not a typical newbie American traveller that expects everything done the way it is in the good ole  U.S. of A.

Why doesn't everyone accept dollars as payment around the world?  Speaky English damn barbarians!  We got all the nukes!  Heil Trump! 555!

Actually I forgot to mention I did ask for a menu in English the first time I went there. They didn't have one but the lady explained to me what everything was. This time I had a different girl serve me and I asked her what the difference was between the 2 different Schnitzels.But unfortunately she didn't understand me so I just gave up as I was starving. I just decided to start this Thread why I was waiting for my food to see what other people think. I was mostly interested to see what other people from countrys who don't speak English/or Danish as a first language, but speak English as a Second language thought about it. I am actually not that bothered more curious why someone would do that. Now the Thai lady down the road who sells Fruit skakes with A Russian menu only really annoys me for some reason. There might be more Russian Tourists in Jomtien then anyone else but there must still be more people who can at least understand some English more then Russian. I am well aware that coming form the UK I am lucky proud and privileged that most people can speak a little bit if it. But I am sure that hardly anyone apart from Russians can speak Russian. So I hope this isn't the way of the future.  Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

One eatery from a cast of thousands does this

It annoys you

so why persist? stick two fingers up to it and eat elsewhere.

Russian menus, (Indian ones must be a coming soon) the Thais, bless em, just chase the perceived Baht - rather like a songtheaw pilot careering across the road lest 5 baht sashays on by. The rest of the world still adheres to the last vestiges of colonialism, and language is the remaining faint footprint of long dissolved empires.

Owners choice, just as it is ours to choose if we want to be a customer.  Through the years in many countries, I have simply pointed to a menu item and held out the money and been fine...most of the times.  Sometimes the adventure of unknown is part of the fun.  

19 hours ago, juice777 said:

Actually I forgot to mention I did ask for a menu in English the first time I went there. They didn't have one but the lady explained to me what everything was. This time I had a different girl serve me and I asked her what the difference was between the 2 different Schnitzels.But unfortunately she didn't understand me so I just gave up as I was starving. I just decided to start this Thread why I was waiting for my food to see what other people think. I was mostly interested to see what other people from countrys who don't speak English/or Danish as a first language, but speak English as a Second language thought about it. I am actually not that bothered more curious why someone would do that. Now the Thai lady down the road who sells Fruit skakes with A Russian menu only really annoys me for some reason. There might be more Russian Tourists in Jomtien then anyone else but there must still be more people who can at least understand some English more then Russian. I am well aware that coming form the UK I am lucky proud and privileged that most people can speak a little bit if it. But I am sure that hardly anyone apart from Russians can speak Russian. So I hope this isn't the way of the future.  Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Ok, per your post title, I answer yes.

But seriously, why patronize a restaurant if your not happy the first time?

Why not ask the owner/manager if his intent is to cater to Denmark's folks, and why?

It kind of seems like your nit picking a bit.  Maybe overstaying  in Pattaya.  I get like that towards the end of my vacations and look forward to familiarity at home.  Thailand is ass backwards compared to what we are used to but that makes it great!  When shit starts acting all western in Thailand, then comes the western prices.

Its probably exhausting as your wingman watching you sift through dozens of really hot girls to eventually find one that possibly meets your criteria.  

Ok, per your post title, I answer yes.
But seriously, why patronize a restaurant if your not happy the first time?
Why not ask the owner/manager if his intent is to cater to Denmark's folks, and why?
It kind of seems like your nit picking a bit.  Maybe overstaying  in Pattaya.  I get like that towards the end of my vacations and look forward to familiarity at home.  Thailand is ass backwards compared to what we are used to but that makes it great!  When shit starts acting all western in Thailand, then comes the western prices.
Its probably exhausting as your wingman watching you sift through dozens of really hot girls to eventually find one that possibly meets your criteria.  
I haven't really got a major problem with it just find it a bit odd. And Thought I would ask what other people think. I go back because the food is nice and and all the dishes are a 100THB at happy hour and 120 at other times. And I like to have there Irish coffees afterwards. Apart ftpm from the menu which is a slight annoyance. It's a good place and as I said before I highly recommend the place. As my title says I am asking the question. Not saying it is wrong as such. I was just curious to see what other people opinions was on the subject. And started the Thread why I was waiting for my food. I suppose a Danish only menu in A Danish bar isn't as bad as a Russian only menu out side a 7/11.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

On 9/9/2017 at 12:38, philkrenshaw said:

It's nice to see Thailand is not politicly correct enough to tell anyone what languages must be on their menu. Now, if the people on here would stop telling them what to do...

The OP would love Quebec. Put up a sign in anything but French and the Francophone police will be there in a heartbeat. 

Just now, ex-pat said:

The OP would love Quebec. Put up a sign in anything but French and the Francophone police will be there in a heartbeat. 

I think that the prominent language of any country should be first on a sign or menu, add as many other languages as you like, but dont insult the citizens

On ‎10‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 06:07, juice777 said:

Perhaps they did have a menu in Russian.

Archived