IGNORED

Is it OK for business not to have a English menu.

juice777

There a Danish Bar I go into in Jomtien some times. It's a nice bar and they sell good food and they do Irish Coffees. But the menu is only in Danish. Now they must be doing this for a reason. It's not even in Thai as a second language. Now I know I am English and maybe I am spoilt that my language is used first in most Tourist places. But I can only imagine that French /German /Korean Japanese /Thais can't read Danish to but a lot can read English. So are they basically saying we only want Danish. I ant got a problem with any other language being used first but I think a Danish Bar in Thailand shouldn't just use Danish. Or any Country for that matter in a different Country of there own. But of course Hang your flag High. Funny thing is it's all British or American music. And I can't see a Danish beer on the menu.it just makes me fill a bit unwelcome I probably would fill the same if I was Thai or French.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I just got Gravy with my Schnitzel if was in English as well that would never had happened.

Is ok for them to have next to no customers also? 

16 minutes ago, juice777 said:

There a Danish Bar I go into in Jomtien some times. It's a nice bar and they sell good food and they do Irish Coffees. But the menu is only in Danish. Now they must be doing this for a reason. It's not even in Thai as a second language. Now I know I am English and maybe I am spoilt that my language is used first in most Tourist places. But I can only imagine that French /German /Korean Japanese /Thais can't read Danish to but a lot can read English. So are they basically saying we only want Danish. I ant got a problem with any other language being used first but I think a Danish Bar in Thailand shouldn't just use Danish. Or any Country for that matter in a different Country of there own. But of course Hang your flag High. Funny thing is it's all British or American music. And I can't see a Danish beer on the menu.it just makes me fill a bit unwelcome I probably would fill the same if I was Thai or French.

If there was a high population of Danish in Pattaya, then I could understand.

But not the case, I eat Thai food and the usual English breakfast in Thailand (can't do the Thai porridge thing)

Nice to have foreign influences, but I go to Thailand to eat Thai food, not a cuisine I am unaware off.

It's a Nice bar and the food is good and at a good price. It's got a quite a few customers not sure where they are from. Just wish they would put the menu in English and maybe other languages as well.

Theres a fruit shake stand round the corner from here only written in Russian. That really gets my goat to. And a few months ago I was looking at one of those VR machines in Walking St the guy came at to me and spoke in Russian. When I said sorry I don't speak Russian he gave me a dirty look and just walked of. Is that good business practice. I don't think so

If there was a high population of Danish in Pattaya, then I could understand.
But not the case, I eat Thai food and the usual English breakfast in Thailand (can't do the Thai porridge thing)

Nice to have foreign influences, but I go to Thailand to eat Thai food, not a cuisine I am unaware off.
It seems there is a few more in Jomtien especially this soi White house.

5 minutes ago, juice777 said:

I ate in the hotel/restaurant  at the bottom of the Soi one evening and there was no English on the menu. It had pictures. I managed to work out I was ordering a Scandinavian rissole/meatball with beetroot.

Haven't been back though. Think they're meant to do a decent breakfast buffet?

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

I ate in the hotel/restaurant  at the bottom of the Soi one evening and there was no English on the menu. It had pictures. I managed to work out I was ordering a Scandinavian rissole/meatball with beetroot.
Haven't been back though. Think they're meant to do a decent breakfast buffet?
Yes they do its very good. This place I am in now doesn't pictures on the menu.

11 minutes ago, juice777 said:

Maybe so but, not enough to run a business from.

I eat in the culture where I am.

Maybe so but, not enough to run a business from.

I eat in the culture where I am.
If you are on Holiday yes. But if you have been here for years it's great to have many good options.

Have they got Danish Bacon?

Have they got Danish Bacon?
Haha don't know sorry it's written in Danish

I would recommend anyone to come here it's good food and good prices. And most times they give out free popcorn. And free pool and nice staff. Just hop eat you don't like gravy with your Schnitzel.

Just now, juice777 said:

Haha don't know sorry it's written in Danish

Danish Bacon has 'DANISH' written all over it 555

1 minute ago, Edge said:

Danish Bacon has 'DANISH' written all over it 555

in Red from memory 55555

I think that is an insult you open a business in a foreign country the menu should be in Thai First.

As far as Thailand they have lots of foreign visitors and a lot understand English so I think it would be good business practice to have it in English as well but up to them plenty of other places to go to.

But if they prefer only Danish/Swedish/Norwegian people, so why would they need to have the menu in English? It's not like it's the only bar in the Jomptien so why to be upset if they want to focus on a specific customer group.

:Flying:4th trip - "The Afterwork" is finally happening in May :Cheers9:

Up to them, but they are mad to exclude a menu in a language most tourists understand, or can translate, surely not a good business decision.  

On ‎07‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 17:58, juice777 said:

Is it OK for a business not to have a Chinese menu, or a Russian one, or an Italian one or even an Arabic or Jewish one?

Their business, their rules.

If you can’t stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

32 minutes ago, starfucks said:

Is it OK for a business not to have a Chinese menu, or a Russian one, or an Italian one or even an Arabic or Jewish one?

Their business, their rules.

Yes as long as it is not the countries national language any business operating in Thailand if there is a menu it should be in Thai and any other language they want.

someone owns a restaurant or bar, their rules.  Why should they have to put up another foreign language. There should however, have everything in thai. This is a thai country and they should not be excluded.

In america you see so many times, signs in a foreign language and not in english, this should not happen

It's nice to see Thailand is not politicly correct enough to tell anyone what languages must be on their menu. Now, if the people on here would stop telling them what to do...

Archived