IGNORED

VT6 Dancewatcher

twicestung

Hi again,

Can anyone tell me if renting a condo for 3 weeks at VT6, & paying the DAILY rate, through Dancewatchers, are you further charged for cleaning? I realize that elect/water are not charged but cleaning is not mentioned. Thanks again.

Yes,  if you opt for the cleaning it's 1000 baht a week extra.  Cleaning 5x a week with linen and towel change.

It is also noted on their website.

3 minutes ago, typhoon42 said:

Yes,  if you opt for the cleaning it's 1000 baht a week extra.  Cleaning 5x a week with linen and towel change.

It is also noted on their website.

Thanks for your help, I just wondered if the charges applied only to Monthly stays. 

now sent 2e-mails to TIK to book rooms NOV/DEC No sign of an answer insight, if service like this continues then can see reason for loads of empty rooms left for this year! Will try Booking .com & Honey coffee shop next week!

23 hours ago, twicestung said:

now sent 2e-mails to TIK to book rooms NOV/DEC No sign of an answer insight, if service like this continues then can see reason for loads of empty rooms left for this year! Will try Booking .com & Honey coffee shop next week!

Well eventually got a quote back for Nov/Dec/booking of  26 nights.Came to light that they charge a 7% VAT tax on top of their website price which in the case of a 'b'57000 charge increase to b59690, then add the deep clean on moving out another b1000 and it comes to b60,690 for a 48sq metre. /no monthly rates in high season!

Well with all the unstated addications not for me thanks, now can see just why so many are empty,just to greedy!

On 23/08/2017 at 11:42 PM, twicestung said:

Hi again,

Can anyone tell me if renting a condo for 3 weeks at VT6, & paying the DAILY rate, through Dancewatcher, are you further charged for cleaning? I realize that elect/water are not charged but cleaning is not mentioned. Thanks again.

I book with DW every trip and there are two things you really need to know:

1) They are more expensive than all the other renters in VT6.

2) If you have an issue with your condo during your stay (a/c stop working, total power fail due to fuse box exploding) they will give zero fucks once the have their money. 

If you can live with this then go ahead and book with them. 

On 28/08/2017 at 22:15, The Storm said:

I book with DW every trip and there are two things you really need to know:

1) They are more expensive than all the other renters in VT6.

2) If you have an issue with your condo during your stay (a/c stop working, total power fail due to fuse box exploding) they will give zero fucks once the have their money. 

Why do you keep booking with them every trip?

I've stayed with DW on my last approx 15 trips in VT2 and VT6, never had an issue with their service,I guess every ones mileage varies.

That 7% vat that some people run into is a mystery to me, I don't get charged that much.

This is what I'm paying next month

Room rate 1000 (advertised price per day) x 22 = 22,000

Room cleaning on checkout 1,000

Total payable = 23,260

So yes some sort of tax has been added, namely 260. That doesn't equal 7%, no where near it. All my bills with them have been similar.

Cheers

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

On 28/08/2017 at 13:15, The Storm said:

6 hours ago, Evilfriar said:

Why do you keep booking with them every trip?

The clue was right there in my OP....... :) 

1000b a night room - it must be shit! What room was it?

5 minutes ago, The Storm said:

The clue was right there in my OP....... :) 

1000b a night room - it must be shit! What room was it?

10-307, not popular because opposite the aircons on Central festival and no sea view neither of which I give a shit about. Nothing wrong with the room, have stayed in it before. Same same as 11-350 I stayed in a couple of months ago, cheap because of location but nothing wrong with it as far as I'm concerned. I don't sit on a balcony staring at the ocean and I don't hear any noise from central festival, maybe I'm half deaf or something.

Cheers

Oh, btw are you getting charged a vat of 7% on top of the displayed price on the DW website?

Cheers

Here's what I like about DW.

Never had a problem with the room.

Always been well appointed with everything I need and very clean.

Always had a comfortable king size workbench.

Easy check in, the room is left open and pay the balance when they come around at 11 the next morning.

Always had great high speed internet in the room.

What I like about VT6

Absolutely the best location in Pattaya for what I want.

Good security

Although old building now, very well maintained IMO

Good pool.

Cheers

1 hour ago, Evilfriar said:

10-307, not popular because opposite the aircons on Central festival and no sea view neither of which I give a shit about. Nothing wrong with the room, have stayed in it before. Same same as 11-350 I stayed in a couple of months ago, cheap because of location but nothing wrong with it as far as I'm concerned. I don't sit on a balcony staring at the ocean and I don't hear any noise from central festival, maybe I'm half deaf or something.

Cheers

I prefere a North facing balcony, a sea facing one means the sun blazing in all day having to have the aircon on at all times. North facing means I don't need the aircon and can leave the balcony Doors open so I never get sick.

On 02/09/2017 at 08:35, Evilfriar said:

Cheers

I used to rent a condo on 17th floor, a double unit as close to those fans on top of CF as you can get to CF and they never used to disturb me either. I only really noticed them one morning when I happened to be on my balcony went the first started up.

On 02/09/2017 at 08:37, Evilfriar said:

Oh, btw are you getting charged a vat of 7% on top of the displayed price on the DW website?

Cheers

Nope! 

• 2 weeks later...

Stayed for 4 nights at Condo 25-987, renting from Dancewatchers.com. i definitely would stay here again, and perhaps it is more expensive than comparable properties. However, with the add on daily cleaning, which included change of towels and linen, and agreed on time of cleaning for each day, I believe if I actually had any issues, the housekeeper team, 2 ladies and 1 guy, could help me. Their English language skills were quite good. Forgot to ask them about stove. I always figured it out, but not easy. 

This was my first stay in a Pattaya condo. Really like the VT6 location. Loved the laundry service, loved the little mini market (there are 2 - but I always went to the 2nd one - such a nice young gal to help you).

Dancewatchers does not have that many condos, and if I have only 1 month or less notice of my travel, I can see that I may not be able to rent my 1st or 2nd choice. For this reason, I visited a few of the on site.rental offices.

1. First office, located on left side as you enter from 2nd road - took their business card, shows website www.vtsix.com - 2 woman that were behind counter, not very friendly. Sort of got the bum's rush. Whatever, I guess they get quite weary answering the same damn questions from tourists.

2. Further down, on right side, walked in and woman didn't even bother greeting me. I don't smell bad, and take several showers a day!  Whatever, I took their business card - www.viewtalay6.com - on the back of card, shows name Jariya (Ya), and email.

3. 3rd place I visited, met a lady that acted quite normal. Professional, and pleasant. She gave me an email address, said no website. Unfortunately, I forget her name, and lost the email. 

Anyone think they might know this lady? Any comments on the first 2 rental offices, or any others?

TGOEA

8 minutes ago, Bira said:

3. 3rd place I visited, met a lady that acted quite normal. Professional, and pleasant. She gave me an email address, said no website. Unfortunately, I forget her name, and lost the email. 

Anyone think they might know this lady? Any comments on the first 2 rental offices, or any others?

Next to Honey's coffee house?

http://www.honeyscoffeehouse.com/

Don't know. She said no website. Just gave me email.

May well be her website but possibly she chooses not to give out this info. She explained that problem with website is people choose a certain room.from a website, and then it is not available when they contact office. I think she wants to get email from renter with exact dates of travel, and she will answer with fotos of available condo and daily rate. 

TGOEA

On 9/2/2017 at 03:24, adammike said:

I prefere a North facing balcony, a sea facing one means the sun blazing in all day having to have the aircon on at all times. North facing means I don't need the aircon and can leave the balcony Doors open so I never get sick.

In agreement as I have rented units on both sides.  I use a/c to cool the room down and then a fan.  The north units may also be cheaper as the lower units don't have a sea view.  I've also never had a problem with the fans from Central as it's largely ambient noise.  What did piss me off however is the idiots that can't bother to remember where they parked their car and used the fob alarms to find them.  It's a problem if you like to have a nap in the afternoon.

An advantage of using Honey's is they're on site.

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone , I thought I'd share my experience with Tik / Dancewatchers.

In 3 trips I have rented 7 rooms technically speaking .

First trip was November / December 2014 = Cherry trip.

I booked room 21-791 for 20 days. Dancewatchers had a driver service at the time and it worked great !! Picked me up at BKK airport and a safe ride right to the front steps of VT6. Check in was as smooth as a Thai girls.......:P Being my cherry / solo trip I went with the Red Rose treatment. Fantastic choice !! Fridge stocked , stack of cash on the bed , kissing swans , fresh fruit , Thai phone +++. Daily room cleaning was top notch.   Zero problems !!

I decided to cancel my week long visit to Bangkok / Nana and stay in Pattaya. So I contacted Tik and she had a new room for me within hours in VT6. 21-791 was booked already. 16th floor CF side. Can't remember the number and not listed with DW any more. Skipped the Red Rose but kept the room cleaning / daily service. I discovered the CF side was for me !! When in my room , I sit on the balcony a lot . No real noise from CF aircon or parking.  Driver service to BKK airport was exactly the same. Safe and prompt.

Second trip was January / February 2016

I brought a friend along for his cherry trip. No more driver service so we used Nam's Taxi. Great Choice !! It was a late flight , got to VT6 around 200am. Both rooms were left open for us and we did the paper work the next day.

Room 10-307 for my friend and room 11-350 for me.

Both rooms were exactly what we wanted. took the full service cleaning again. No real noise from CF. Great stay !!

Third trip was with my same friend + 1 more on his cherry trip. February / March 2017

My friend and I booked rooms 10-307 for him and 11-350 for me. The new guy wanted the sea view and booked room 23-888 and he was blown away !! The cherry locked himself out around 1100pm and Tik had a spare key to him within a hour. Basically a non event as the problem was solved almost instantly with one phone call to TIK. 

Booking inquires all by email. response time in less then 24 hours. 13 hours difference in time change , I'm from Canada.

Booking deposit and full room payment via PayPal. Prepaid in full by choice. 

Mystery charges = none I can recall.  

Prices as stated on the website.

I did all the contact / email and payment for all 7 rooms.

It's like this : VT6 is right were I want to be. Tik + Dancewatchers are top notch. I have no reason to promote her or DW. This is based on my real experiences.

To my HOROR room 11-350 is not listed on DW site anymore !! I really hope that changes and becomes available again. My laptop and other wifi devices / email and banking all recognize the IP address. Such a pain to start over again in a new room. I was just about to book 11-350 for January 2018 trip.

Room rates = more or less then others ? I really don't care. I'm flying from the center of Canada on a mission. If I pay a bit more , so be it. But I think the rates are comparable to the point I never noticed or cared. Now or before.    

I hope this helps others in making a informed decision .

Addicted  

167.JPG

I'm in 307 atm and it's fine as well. Like you it doesn't bother me being on the CF side, I prefer it as it's cooler on the balcony and noise has never been an issue.

Also like you been very happy with the company, have booked at least 3 in VT2 with them and probably more than 10 now in VT6. Never ever had any sort of problem, always punctual when collecting balance the next morning.

Take's 30 secs to set up the internet, suck it up mate :-)

Cheers

have stayed at vt6 with dancewacthers several times ,prefer they only clean my room twice a week .some rooms are better than others ,there pictures and discreptions are accurate ,but there are several rental sites now so i would shop around 

• 1 month later...

Just sent an email for room 23_888 for 25 days

hiw much is booking fee,and do you pay the rest on arrival?

Tigers 2017 premiers 

Tik will send you a breakdown with prices, cost of housekeeping and deposit required. I am staying 18 nights in December and my deposit required was 9,000 Baht, I send with Paypal. You can pay the balance with baht at arrival or I send Paypal a few weeks before. Can get express check in which basically means she will leave the keys for you then you check in with staff the next morning.

Have used DW a few times.  Agree that they are more expensive than other rental agencies , do not agree that they are non responsive to issues.

I have had minor maintenance issues which were resolved quickly and efficiently. 

Having rented from Honey more times than I can remember, DW units are generally much nicer, have better creature comforts, and are much better maintained. Honey is great and so is her staff but many of her units are tired. 

Regarding their budget rooms.... I would have no Desire to stay on a lower floor, especially on the North side.  I liken this to staying in a hotel  room with no windows...  If you sleep all day , I guess they would be ideal.   I don't care how beautiful the decor is..... A view of Central's parking garage , not to mention the noise would simply put me off.  Even on the South side , lower floors get a lot of outside noise .

Bottom line ..... like most things in life...you get whet you pay for.

I am not ting tong...my mother had me tested.

I have stayed with DW at VT2A in Jomtien twice now and have two reservations for 2018. I prefer the more laid back atmosphere and better restaurants over in Jomtien. The pool at VT2A is very nice and I like to swim after coffee in the morning.

I have found Tik and crew to be efficient and responsive and have no complaints. Like someone else said, you tend to get what you pay for.

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 10:42, twicestung said:

Hi again,

Can anyone tell me if renting a condo for 3 weeks at VT6, & paying the DAILY rate, through Dancewatchers, are you further charged for cleaning? I realize that elect/water are not charged but cleaning is not mentioned. Thanks again.

If memory serves, it is a 500 baht 'return loom to original clean' fee, but will double check if I have a receipt and confirm it for you.  On different stays, did different cleaning options-that did not seem to change then end checkout. 

On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 00:10, twicestung said:

Seems like something amiss.  Every time email DW, Tik responds almost annoyingly fast-never been more than 2 hours (all out time zones may vary)

On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 23:56, twicestung said:

Well eventually got a quote back for Nov/Dec/booking of  26 nights.Came to light that they charge a 7% VAT tax on top of their website price which in the case of a 'b'57000 charge increase to b59690, then add the deep clean on moving out another b1000 and it comes to b60,690 for a 48sq metre. /no monthly rates in high season!

Well with all the unstated addications not for me thanks, now can see just why so many are empty,just to greedy!

I do not recall such a add-on amount, but again, will check my last receipts to try and verify this when back at home and access to all these papers.

Mate, which condo was 57K?  I do not recall paying more than 42k on any monthly.  Perhaps you are looking At the VIP unit?  Check the other listings.  Since they handle different units for different owners, there are those that do/do not have monthlys/seasonal variations, etc. 

On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 06:10, Bira said:

1. First office, located on left side as you enter from 2nd road - took their business card, shows website www.vtsix.com - 2 woman that were behind counter, not very friendly. Sort of got the bum's rush. Whatever, I guess they get quite weary answering the same damn questions from tourists.

2. Further down, on right side, walked in and woman didn't even bother greeting me. I don't smell bad, and take several showers a day!  Whatever, I took their business card - www.viewtalay6.com - on the back of card, shows name Jariya (Ya), and email.

Have had similar experience with both of these 2, they are clearly hourly paid employees that do not care if they rent out the units or not.  Tik does and it shows in the service they provide. 

On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 06:19, mochatsubo said:

Without more info, not sure who this is, but there are several good, and several not so good rental agencies on ground floor.  Next stay, get a business card and make clear contact with each one to know how they operate. 

Pending on length, plans, and preferences for each trip, I may or may not use DW, but in general can say that they are a quality outfit.  It may not be so apparent to many until they rent from others and get stuck with no towels or a broken a/c or no filter, or any other issue.  Late/early check in/out-never been an issue, never been stuck without a place to stay or left out on the street.  There are cheaper (some are decent also) out there for sure, but many of us even having been many times still continue to use them because a few bucks is worth not getting headaches.

All reviews welcome, it seems the majority does indicate they do it right.

Archived