IGNORED

Ever been limited alcoholic beverages in economy on Korean Air?

Queef_Sniffer

Ever been denied/refused drinks?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. While flying in First/Business Class?

• Yes - in First
    • Yes - in Business
    • No - in First
    • No - in Business
  2. 2. While flying economy

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. If Yes, what airline?

• Korean Air
    • JAL
    • ANA
    • Thai Air
    • US based Airline
    • Asian based Airline
    • European based Airline
    • Middle Eastern based Airline
    • Answered No to Question 2

I generally believe in the " to each their own " ..... but on an airplane the rules change.

You are in a captive environment and especially flying in coach/economy , the space is limited , thus small

conflicts can easily get out of hand. 

Can't say I've never done it , years back my friend and I killed a 1.5 ltr bottle of vodka we bought in duty free ( pre 9/11 restrictions)

on a flight from London to New York. 

I am now older and wiser. I know how bad it is to drink on a long flight due to dehydration . 

I have also had my experiences with alcoholics .  I know what it's like for someone whose first 4 or 5 drinks are pretty much to " get started", where as most people would have a pretty good buzz on after those drinks , he needs those drinks to achieve a base to start to get a buzz.

Airlines must take responsibility even if you don't. I would suggest flying Business class in the future, you will still get cut off, but it takes longer and the FA's are much more polite about it.

I am not ting tong...my mother had me tested.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remember this if the Drinks are free giving more than 1 to each customer is bad economic practice we have a European airline that wants drink at the airport banned because they want you thirsty when you board the aircraft so they can sell you overpriced drinks.

Also the company I worked for had an incident they gave the Purser so much money per guest for a cocktail party he reduced the amount he spent & pocketed the rest it was a lot of money I would be surprised if the same scam is not done on an airline with free drinks.

Imo, the FA did the right thing. You might have been flagged from your previous flight where you, per your own statement, drank a lot.

You have to remember, nobody on the plane knows how much you are able to drink before you become drunk. Nobody knows if you are a violent drunk, so they just try to keep all the other passengers safe. I have actually seen someone get restrained on a plane because they were drunk and caused a lot of problems for the staff and their fellow passengers, not a nice thing to see. Not the restraint, but how much it affected everyone around the drunk.

Now, i am not saying you are a drunk or that you cant handle your liquor, but i appretiate that the staff will try to prevent any inconvenience to the majority of the passengers.

The fact that you took pictures of your "puny" drink, that you try to explain to everyone through math that you hardly drank anything, and finally that you chose a specific airways because of the free drinks, does suggest that you might have a drinking problem.

Next flight, have a snickers :)

Drunks dont have to be obnoxious or aggressive either to be a pest,you know when someone starts rambling on/boring you in a bar,well on a plane with no escape for literally hours its a nightmare!(mind you some dont have to be drunk to do that):D

Drunks dont have to be obnoxious or aggressive either to be a pest,you know when someone starts rambling on/boring you in a bar,well on a plane with no escape for literally hours its a nightmare!(mind you some dont have to be drunk to do that)[emoji3]

That's when you just put on the headphones. They should get the hint. I've had these chatty people on shorter trips 1.5, 2 hours, but luckily never on a 15 hr flight . *fingers crossed*

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

On 17/08/2017 at 10:37 PM, ZRHuser said:

Even if you get free drinks, it's not an "all you can drink" offer. Most trouble inair is with drunk people. Some people my think they are not drunk, but for a sober Person judging them, it's clear they are, or well on the way to be drunk. 

When you started to argue with the FA, it was a clear sign that you may be trouble down the line. Imho she did the right thing.

I agree. Each airline probably has an employee who sits in head office and decides what the airlines policy should be.

Takes into account cost of free drink supply, attractivess of such a service, and makes rules about limits and if FA's can use their own judgement.

They are primarily concerned to minimize risks and boost profits.

Getting passengers hassle free to their destination on time for next flight of the plane is key to this.  Statistics will show them that tipsy, drunk passengers cause problems. So a clear, simple policy gets set, and does not allow for some people who are able to drink a lot with little adverse effect.

Dont take it personally. 

17 hours ago, thestigy said:

If only they could have stopped....in  mid air...to throw him off!:D

Archived