Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Ever been limited alcoholic beverages in economy on Korean Air?

Queef_Sniffer

Ever been denied/refused drinks?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. While flying in First/Business Class?

• Yes - in First
    • Yes - in Business
    • No - in First
    • No - in Business
  2. 2. While flying economy

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. If Yes, what airline?

• Korean Air
    • JAL
    • ANA
    • Thai Air
    • US based Airline
    • Asian based Airline
    • European based Airline
    • Middle Eastern based Airline
    • Answered No to Question 2

I drink ever 2 hours the bars in Pattaya must love you. [emoji3]
Nobody could care less what you drink in Pattaya, but when you are in an enclosed space for 10-15 hours, no one wants a drunk on board!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to be really scared of flying, so would need to be permanently hammered whilst flying, have now had half a dozen trips to Thailand now so starting to handle it but do like to be nicely lubricated throughout the trip, Eva seem to love giving you drinks, BA take their time, so have had to polish off my duty free on the trip over!!! Like most here though wont fly BA to Thailand again though.  

1 minute ago, hioctane said:
5 minutes ago, mbamber said:
I drink ever 2 hours the bars in Pattaya must love you. emoji3.png

Nobody could care less what you drink in Pattaya, but when you are in an enclosed space for 10-15 hours, no one wants a drunk on board!

The average person can absorb 1 drink per hour the Liver will sort that out no Problems.

39 minutes ago, hioctane said:

I think asking for a drink every 20 minutes or every hour is a bit much.. I think every 2 hours should be ok. Next time, order the liquor without ice and get a can of soda and a cup of ice separate. This should last you a couple of hours.

I agree, I may have a 2 or maybe 3 the first hour or so, but it be at lease a couple hours before thinking about asking for an other one.

34 minutes ago, mbamber said:

I drink ever 2 hours the bars in Pattaya must love you. :D

If not mistaken, I think we are talking about drinking on the plane.

LeoTex

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

Even if you get free drinks, it's not an "all you can drink" offer. Most trouble inair is with drunk people. Some people my think they are not drunk, but for a sober Person judging them, it's clear they are, or well on the way to be drunk. 

When you started to argue with the FA, it was a clear sign that you may be trouble down the line. Imho she did the right thing.

I've flown Korean Air many times and I've noticed that they are conservative on alcohol compared to other carriers. The one time I took business class on JAL the guy next to me went through about 6 beers no problem. Korean seems to limit it to 2 or 3 at most.

13 hours ago, ZRHuser said:

When you started to argue with the FA, it was a clear sign that you may be trouble down the line. Imho she did the right thing.

You don't say?  So if you're bumped from a flight, you're just going to take it lying down?  Without even asking for an explanation, or making your case?  If someone jumped the line in front of you, you wouldn't say anything?  I doubt you, or any reasonably minded person would want an explanation or say something.  Unless of course, you're just a push over in all aspects of life - who interprets questioning "why" as trouble.

10 hours ago, allwet said:

I've flown Korean Air many times and I've noticed that they are conservative on alcohol compared to other carriers. The one time I took business class on JAL the guy next to me went through about 6 beers no problem. Korean seems to limit it to 2 or 3 at most.

I wish I knew before hand.  Guess I'm taking my business to back to JAL or ANA.

Drinking that much on a flight is not normal behavior.  

Normally just a glass of champers at boarding, glass of wine with meal, a beer at the bar on emirates, why would you want anymore.

9 hours ago, maliminer said:

Normally just a glass of champers at boarding, glass of wine with meal, a beer at the bar on emirates, why would you want anymore.

Maybe because you're thirsty, but for sure not to get a buzz on.

LeoTex

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

Maybe because you're thirsty, but for sure not to get a buzz on.
LeoTex
Alcohol makes you dehydrated and more thirsty. If you are thirsty, drink water. [emoji23]

23 minutes ago, hioctane said:

Alcohol makes you dehydrated and more thirsty. If you are thirsty, drink water. emoji23.png

Yes, drinking water on a long flight is a must. I try to do each hour unless sleeping of course. Its amazing how flying for long periods of time can dehydrate you in a pressurized tube. However a drink or two sure helps you sleep and to many may cause you to pass out or cause one to get out of hand.

LeoTex

On 8/17/2017 at 2:56 AM, The Sly Fox said:

Hilarious!! 

Leo, sure that wasn't you? Maybe you forgot? :D

On Asiana Airlines they serve a thimble of wine and give you the stink eye if you ask for a little more. 

It makes sense because they have no idea if they're dealing with an alcoholic or just a casual drinker...

Although sometimes you just need a lot more to pass out.

1 hour ago, Biennial said:

Hilarious!!

Leo, sure that wasn't you? Maybe you forgot? :D

Not me, have a drink on board before take off, a couple of wines with dinner and then a nice long sleep.

LeoTex

3 minutes ago, LeoTex said:

Not me, have a drink on board before take off, a couple of wines with dinner and then a nice long sleep.

LeoTex

Oops - thought you were the OP. Queef_sniffer, was that you? (the Wolf video)

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 11:12 PM, Queef_Sniffer said:

Hello all,

Just wondering if anyone else has had something similar happen to them.  Recently, I was flying back from Thailand to the US.  I took Korean Air there and back, and on the way to LOS, I was able to request all the free drinks I wanted.  I literally drank my weight in Whiskey and cokes on the way there.  No problem.

On the return flight, I ordered my first Whiskey and Coke.  No problem.  I ordered a second shortly after (about 10 mins.) and no problem.  But when they brought me my second, it looked like the lead flight attendant approached me as they handed me the drink, and asked the flight attendant handing it to me, if it was my first or second, then asked me.  I responded with, "Umm.... why would it matter if it's my first or second?"

She then told the flight attendant serving me, "Ok, after this drink, you need to slow it down."

I was taken aback.  Initially, I didn't say anything, just not to rock the boat or stir up trouble.  I like to keep a cool head, and keep things on the up and up.  So I refrained from commenting back.

I then ordered a few more with different cabin crew members.  None of them gave me any flack.  By the 6th one, (after being 6 hours into my 13 hour flight) I was ready to order one last one, and call it a night.  I was gonna try to get some sleep before arriving.

As I order, the flight attendant brings me my 6th one and is like, "Sir, this is the last one."    At this point, I rebutted.

Me: Why?

Her: It just is.

Me:  That's not a reason

Her:  That's it, no more

Me:  Why though?  What's the problem?

Her:  Sir, out of all the people here (waves at economy cabin), you're the only one ordering drinks.  No more.

Me:  That's on them.  If they don't want to drink, that's their choice.  First of all, I'm 6'1...  240 pounds.    Second, I'm not drunk.   Third, I'm not bothering anyone around me or being belligerent.  I'm just watching a movie on my iPad.  Fourth, The glasses are incredibly tiny.  And fifth, the glasses are 1/2 full of ice, and the 1/6 whiskey, 2/6 coke.  So who cares?   I could finish one of these tiny glasses in under 4 sips - without even trying.   (All the while, I kept calm/cool/collected)

Her:  No more after this.  Wait a while, near the end of the flight, we'll give you more.

Needless to say, this really pissed me off.  To the best of my knowledge,  That's why I chose to fly with them.ree.  That's why I chose to fly with them.  If I would have known they would have been a-holes about it, I would've flown someone else.

I've flown JAL, and ANA and never even once, have I been told "this is your last one," or "is that your first or second?"  The last time I flew ANA, I must've ordered 15 or so, and never once was told anything.   I wonder if they also limit their first class passengers?  I'm now considering never flying Korean Air again, and if I did.... I'd bring my own stash to drink.  I could easily buy a bottle in duty free, and easily float a fifth on a 12-16 hour flight.

My question is this, have any of you ever been told this?  And if so, how did you deal with it?

Below is an insert of the size of the drinks they serve.  As you can see, they are incredibly small.

G0055590.thumb.JPG.2e99bcc5faae43fca708352978c1fe2a.JPG

15 drinks! WTH is wrong with you? It's a shame they were ignorant enough to serve you that many drinks,no matter your girth. You'd drink a fifth on a 12-16 hour flight? Wow. As mentioned earlier,it is their responsibility to be sure the flight arrives safely for all on board.That means not serving too many drinks to anyone. The head F/A had every right to limit the number of drinks.She has no way of knowing if you have a drinking problem,are a belligerent drunk,or whatever. Good for her.I know my airline would not serve you 15 drinks in economy.

So let me get this straight. You chose KE because,"As far as I know,drinks are free-that's why I chose to fly with them". As Cheeto would tweet,SAD!

"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it

helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but

at the very least you need a beer."

-Frank Zappa

46 minutes ago, LTGTR said:
47 minutes ago, LTGTR said:

I know my airline would not serve you 15 drinks in economy.

Well cool that you own an Airline.

3 hours ago, LTGTR said:

15 drinks! WTH is wrong with you? It's a shame they were ignorant enough to serve you that many drinks,no matter your girth. You'd drink a fifth on a 12-16 hour flight? Wow. As mentioned earlier,it is their responsibility to be sure the flight arrives safely for all on board.That means not serving too many drinks to anyone. The head F/A had every right to limit the number of drinks.She has no way of knowing if you have a drinking problem,are a belligerent drunk,or whatever. Good for her.I know my airline would not serve you 15 drinks in economy.

So let me get this straight. You chose KE because,"As far as I know,drinks are free-that's why I chose to fly with them". As Cheeto would tweet,SAD!

Yes, I could drink a fifth on a 12-16 hour flight.  So what?  Do you even know what a fifth is?  It's 750ml.   

750ml/ 12 --> 16 hour flight = 62.5ml --> 46.9ml an hour

An average drink has 44.4ml in it.  

And yes, I did choose Korean Air because, "To the best of my knowledge, drinks in Economy on Korean Air are free.  That's why I chose to fly with them."   BTW, do me a favor, the next time you try to quote me, quote what I said.... don't paraphrase.

So let me get this straight, since you "own" your own airline ("I know my airline would not...."), did you write-up and implement a policy on restricting your passengers drinks?  If so, does that also apply to first class passengers?  Because if it did, I don't think you'll be in business much longer.

Besides, as I've stated, 15 drinks over the span of 12-16 hours (with barely 67%, of the alcohol content in an average poured drink), is easily absorbed and handled by an average male of a 177cm stature (which I exceed by 8cm), every hour.  I doubt my body has any difficulty absorbing one puny drink, every 40 mins.  And has even less of an effect on the pilots, mechanical systems, or structural integrity of the aircraft.

To me, the Korean Air flight attendant (and your opinion), are based purely out of spite and acrimony.

3 hours ago, GorGuy said:

Well cool that you own an Airline.

I won't be sharing that in a public forum. Laugh all you want,between drinks of course.

-Frank Zappa

2 minutes ago, LTGTR said:

I won't be sharing that in a public forum. Laugh all you want,between drinks of course.

555 I do not drink when flying. Just water for me when in the air.

28 minutes ago, Queef_Sniffer said:

Yes, I could drink a fifth on a 12-16 hour flight.  So what?  Do you even know what a fifth is?  It's 750ml.   

750ml/ 12 --> 16 hour flight = 62.5ml --> 46.9ml an hour

An average drink has 44.4ml in it.  

And yes, I did choose Korean Air because, "To the best of my knowledge, drinks in Economy on Korean Air are free.  That's why I chose to fly with them."   BTW, do me a favor, the next time you try to quote me, quote what I said.... don't paraphrase.

So let me get this straight, since you "own" your own airline ("I know my airline would not...."), did you write-up and implement a policy on restricting your passengers drinks?  If so, does that also apply to first class passengers?  Because if it did, I don't think you'll be in business much longer.

Besides, as I've stated, 15 drinks over the span of 12-16 hours (with barely 67%, of the alcohol content in an average poured drink), is easily absorbed and handled by an average male of a 177cm stature (which I exceed by 8cm), every hour.  I doubt my body has any difficulty absorbing one puny drink, every 40 mins.  And has even less of an effect on the pilots, mechanical systems, or structural integrity of the aircraft.

To me, the Korean Air flight attendant (and your opinion), are based purely out of spite and acrimony.

Thanks for the math help. Paraphrase,really? Sorry you missed my point.

Yes,MY airline. Though now retired,all of the employees use ,"My airline". Do you understand now?

Nearly all airlines that I'm aware of in my 32 years career have a policy regarding serving alcohol. But judging by that silly poll, maybe you don't Are they supposed to keep plying you with liquor until you pass out,die from alcohol poisoning or completely lose control and endanger the lives of passengers nearby or possibly endanger the flight itself. I can't emphasize that enough! They are responsible for the well being of everyone,including you. It's akin in my country to a bartender continuing to ply drinks to a patron that is obviously drunk.Draw a parallel if you wish.

Spite and acrimony? Laughable. I could care less if you drink yourself into a stupor. But you can count on me being one of the 1st to be on anyone's drunk ass if you cause an issue on my airline.Why do you think airlines have restraints now? Because the airline is responsible for the well being of everybody.So please feel free and buy your liquor in the gate area and try to drink it onboard. It won't happen after they see you drinking your own booze.

People with drug and alcohol issues always try to explain away the issue. I hope that doesn't apply to you. Really,I do.

-Frank Zappa

16 minutes ago, LTGTR said:

Thanks for the math help. Paraphrase,really? Sorry you missed my point.

Yes,MY airline. Though now retired,all of the employees use ,"My airline". Do you understand now?

Nearly all airlines that I'm aware of in my 32 years career have a policy regarding serving alcohol. But judging by that silly poll, maybe you don't Are they supposed to keep plying you with liquor until you pass out,die from alcohol poisoning or completely lose control and endanger the lives of passengers nearby or possibly endanger the flight itself. I can't emphasize that enough! They are responsible for the well being of everyone,including you. It's akin in my country to a bartender continuing to ply drinks to a patron that is obviously drunk.Draw a parallel if you wish.

Spite and acrimony? Laughable. I could care less if you drink yourself into a stupor. But you can count on me being one of the 1st to be on anyone's drunk ass if you cause an issue on my airline.Why do you think airlines have restraints now? Because the airline is responsible for the well being of everybody.So please feel free and buy your liquor in the gate area and try to drink it onboard. It won't happen after they see you drinking your own booze.

People with drug and alcohol issues always try to explain away the issue. I hope that doesn't apply to you. Really,I do.

No problem, glad I was able to help brush you up on simple arithmetic.

"I could care less if you drink yourself into a stupor. But you can count on me being one of the 1st to be on anyone's drunk ass if you cause an issue on my airline."   Relax there Wesley Snipes.  You're retired now, remember?  Wouldn't want you to break a hip trying to get out of your 17" wide seat.  Like I stated, all I want is my drink, and to watch my iPad in peace.  I could care less if you feen to go Passenger 57, on the slightest thing that triggers you into thinking the plane is in mortal danger....  just leave me to my watered down drink and iPad.

"So please feel free and buy your liquor in the gate area and try to drink it onboard. It won't happen after they see you drinking your own booze."   Really?  You don't think it's easy?  LOL.  Without even trying, I can easily think of 3 ways to pour my own drinks.

Like I said before.... pure spite and acrimony.

2 minutes ago, Queef_Sniffer said:

Without even trying, I can easily think of 3 ways to pour my own drinks.

Like I said before.... pure spite and acrimony.

Sad,really sad IMO.

There is no spite whatsoever. What do I have to be spiteful about?  I feel bad about your situation,I really do. And I'm finished responding to you. Good luck and enjoy your drinks on board.

-Frank Zappa

Archived