IGNORED

Eva Airlines

h.harris

3 hours ago, marwari said:

I am looking at an EVA premium economy flight LAX-TPE-BKK for March. When do you get to select your seat? It's only worth it if I can get an aisle.

Can someone advise? Thanks!

I have always found it possible to select seats at 100 days, would pick outbound and select return seat later.

4 hours ago, marwari said:

I am looking at an EVA premium economy flight LAX-TPE-BKK for March. When do you get to select your seat? It's only worth it if I can get an aisle.

Can someone advise? Thanks!

Right after you get the reservation confirmation.  A couple of minutes after you book. I joined their evergreen club/website.  I have made reservations 6 months in advance and was able to select my seats right away with no problems.

On 15/08/2017 at 20:15, Luv2Phuket said:

Very happy with EVA when I have flown them -- good airline.

The cancellation/change policy is pretty good!  I had to buy a ticket to Azerbaijan and went with Qatar (for oneworld credit to AA)....I started to re-consider and called them about 4 hours after booking and they told me it would be about $950 USD to cancel or change my flight!  Ouch.  

One decent thing about almost all U.S. carriers is that they typically give you 24 hours to reconsider.  After that, though, you're fucked -- like when I had to cancel my RT flight on AA from LAX-LAS....$208 fare -- after fees, I had an $8 credit leftover!  LOL

This information may be out of date now but about 12 years ago I was living in the US and I was able to obtain refunds on flights pretty easy as long as I has used an AMEX card to book it. If this is a problem you have frequently it may be worth a Google search to see if it still applies or if another card offers it. 

In my case the airline was United as there were the preferred carrier for my employer and I was often forced to change flights at short notice.

As for Eva I used to fly with them a lot when I flew LHR-BKK direct and I was always happy with them. They even upgraded me for free when I arrived at check in at swampy covered in heavy bruising and my arm in plaster after falling out the back of moving baht bus!

22 hours ago, jennings said:

Right after you get the reservation confirmation.  A couple of minutes after you book. I joined their evergreen club/website.  I have made reservations 6 months in advance and was able to select my seats right away with no problems.

I booked through Orbitz. It is cheaper then going directly with Eva (only about $10 in my case) but the best is you can review available seats on all flights before booking, and if you decide to buy the ticket then you can select your seats before paying too.

On 8/15/2017 at 12:30, h.harris said:

Travel from America, if you book the cheapest ticket either through a travel site or directly with the airlines, it always has been a non-refundable ticket. So this time as I am looking around for a flight for my next trip, I tried an itinerary with Eva Airlines and this comes up:

"Tickets are refundable. A fee of $150.00 per ticket is charged for itinerary cancellations. A fee of $100.00 per ticket is charged for itinerary changes. "

And this is for their cheapest economy ticket. It still costs some money to cancel or make changes to your itinerary, but at least, it is not non-refundable.

For fun, I tried other airlines too, and all are still non-refundable.

I flew last trip with Eva Airlines, and they are very good. On time, newer aircraft and the flight attendants are nice too. Comparing to United, American Airlines or Delta, there is no comparison. Recommended !!!

Their ticket is on sale now, so it is only cost $100 to cancel and $50 to make itinerary changes instead of $150 and $100 as previously.

I book on the EVA web site, and you can pick your seat immediately after you book your flight.  There is a button on the confirmation screen

On 19/09/2017 at 20:31, Long Tall Cowboy said:

. Best part is i get one more night in Pattaya! WoooHooo!

LTC

Hopefully you will spend that extra night in contemplation and reflection.:D

Archived