IGNORED

Eva Airlines

h.harris

Travel from America, if you book the cheapest ticket either through a travel site or directly with the airlines, it always has been a non-refundable ticket. So this time as I am looking around for a flight for my next trip, I tried an itinerary with Eva Airlines and this comes up:

"Tickets are refundable. A fee of $150.00 per ticket is charged for itinerary cancellations. A fee of $100.00 per ticket is charged for itinerary changes. "

And this is for their cheapest economy ticket. It still costs some money to cancel or make changes to your itinerary, but at least, it is not non-refundable.

For fun, I tried other airlines too, and all are still non-refundable.

I flew last trip with Eva Airlines, and they are very good. On time, newer aircraft and the flight attendants are nice too. Comparing to United, American Airlines or Delta, there is no comparison. Recommended !!!

I'm wheels up on EVA next week. The added benefit is the red eye flights out of YYZ, with only one stop in TPE.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

24 minutes ago, adamjscott said:

I'm wheels up on EVA next week. The added benefit is the red eye flights out of YYZ, with only one stop in TPE.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Lucky you !!!!

And if you don't have access to a lounge in Taipei Taoyuan, there is free shower facility there on the second floor by the foodcourt. Just need to bring a towel and you are set. It's nice to refresh after 15 hours fly (from O'Hare for me) and get ready for the short flight to LOS.

I had to cancel a flight with Eva once. London-bkk. They was happy to change my date free of charge as long as I flew within 6 months or cancellation fee was £75.. I only booked a cheap flight on the internet so was expecting to pay a lot more. At the time there terms and conditions was the same as what you posted

I work hard to support those on benefits! :Banghead2:

EVA are good from London as well. For those who like to travel in business, their fares are normally the cheapest for direct flights and usually have a 75GBP cancellation charge and minimal fee to change the dates.

BA and Thai fares are usually non-refundable, no change possible for the cheapest business fares.

When I fly to BKK, I always try to fly with EVA.  I really like the fact that I arrive in BKK at a very reasonable time from LAX via TPE.  

Wheels up again in about a week and a half.  :GrinNod1:

If you want a better experience with your "date"... read, learn, live the following:

https://forum.pattaya-addicts.com/topic/22263-vetting-bar-girls-and-how-to-pass-their-own-vett

Very happy with EVA when I have flown them -- good airline.

The cancellation/change policy is pretty good!  I had to buy a ticket to Azerbaijan and went with Qatar (for oneworld credit to AA)....I started to re-consider and called them about 4 hours after booking and they told me it would be about $950 USD to cancel or change my flight!  Ouch.  

One decent thing about almost all U.S. carriers is that they typically give you 24 hours to reconsider.  After that, though, you're fucked -- like when I had to cancel my RT flight on AA from LAX-LAS....$208 fare -- after fees, I had an $8 credit leftover!  LOL

8 hours ago, Buddy Edgewood said:

When I fly to BKK, I always try to fly with EVA.  I really like the fact that I arrive in BKK at a very reasonable time from LAX via TPE.  

Wheels up again in about a week and a half.  :GrinNod1:

Yes, from O'Hare too. Flying Eva would arrive in Bangkok from 11:30 am - 1:30 pm, very reasonable time to get on the bus or taxi to Pattaya. Last time I arrived at my hotel in Pattaya around 4:30 pm, so did not lose that day to travel.

Other airlines I checked normally arriving in Bangkok midnight or even in the early morning hour, that would almost lose the day to traveling.

Flying EVA for the first time next month. Good to hear they're okay. China Airlines also has a reasonable charge to reschedule their cheapest seats. Once I had a brain fart and thought my flight left San Francisco to Manila on Sunday when it was really leaving  Saturday. Sunday morning I called them in a panic as I was scheduled to address a conference in Manila. They said no problem, put me on the next flight that evening for $50 schedule change fee and this was after I'd missed my flight. 

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

Very safe airline as well perfect record if not mistaken albeit not googled

edited.... Since starting passenger service in 1991, EVA Air has had no crashes or other significant events such as events that have led to the death of one or more passengers.

• 1 month later...

Flew my first flights with EVA on Sept 1st out of Houston. Fantastic flights and really liked the 11:30am arrival.

Now i recieved an email saying my return flight from Taipei to Houston on the 23rd has been canceled and moved to the 24th. Problem is they didnt changed my BKK-TPE flight so i will have an 26 hour layover. I have tried to call the office in BKK and have friends back in the US trying to call the Houston office. No answer and no luck in leaving a call back number. The email i recieved even said i must call to confirm the change. How the hell do you get in touch with them. Not very happy at the moment.

LTC

I hope i don't lose the ranch..........

I have flown Eva my last 5 trips and have never had a problem

I always check in early and have gotten an exit row ever time

The lay over in TPE is perfect for me, can't say enough about them. 

A SMART MONKEY IS A MONKEY THAT DOESN'T MONKEY WITH ANOTHER MONKEY'S MONKEY.

**UPDATE**

I went to a travel agent on Pattaya Klang and they got EVA on the phone right away. Changed my BKK-TPE flight to the 24th just like my flight to Houston. No more 26 hour layover in Taipei. Now i'm back to my original booking except one day later. 1100 bht but well worth it. Best part is i get one more night in Pattaya! WoooHooo!

LTC

I hope i don't lose the ranch..........

great airline and service.....

I have been flying EVA since 2003. They went downhill for a while but are now at least back to decent for the money. if you don't have a silver card of fly premium economy to get use of the lounge in Taipei they have three lounges you can pay to get into in the C section of terminal 2. They are about 30-40 USD and IMHO well worth it

I am returning to Bangkok and needed to change the date. I called EVA this morning an it was taken care of in just a few minutes. There was no charge, though she did check if there was a price difference between the two dates. She even assigned me aisle seats. Great service.

I did not know her name, I did not know her name but I sure did love the way she laughed and called me honey.

I did not know her name, I did not know her name but I sure did love the way she laughed and took my money.

On 9/19/2017 at 06:31, Long Tall Cowboy said:

Now i'm back to my original booking except one day later. 1100 bht but well worth it. Best part is i get one more night in Pattaya! WoooHooo!

that flight change is going to cost you more than 1100 baht... but i'm sure it will be worth it. :)

On 8/15/2017 at 10:30, h.harris said:

"Tickets are refundable. A fee of $150.00 per ticket is charged for itinerary cancellations. A fee of $100.00 per ticket is charged for itinerary changes. "

And this is for their cheapest economy ticket. It still costs some money to cancel or make changes to your itinerary, but at least, it is not non-refundable.

For fun, I tried other airlines too, and all are still non-refundable.

i will have to some research on this, but it is my understanding that non-refundable tickets are still refundable if you haven't taken the first leg of your trip. i found this out when i brain-farted a trip to Thailand from Japan and went on the wrong day.

however, i should point out that this was on Japan Airlines. it was a non-refundable ticket, so when i went to the gate agent to change my flight i was confused by what she was telling me. it made no sense to me to the point i was getting frustrated. i can't remember exactly what the confusion was about, but it was based on the fact that i assumed that i would not get any money back and whatever she was telling made no sense based on my feeble knowledge.

she eventually clarified that i got a refund, minus the refund fee. after which point i thanked her and apologized for my lack of understanding and frustration.

needless to say, i will check with the US carriers the next time i fly them to see what their response is.

PS...i usually fly EVA and have changed my flight several times without a major hassle. i have also canceled a flight, online even, and got a refund, minus the $100 cancellation fee. didn't even have to talk to an agent. imagine that.

I used to fly Thia airlines from LAX until they cancelled the direct flight.  Now I always fly EVA, it has the best schedules, a 12 midnight departure from LAX a 2 hour layover in TPE, and arrive at BKK at 11am. I am lucky enough to have a silver card so I get to use the lounge at TPE, just enough time to have a shower, get some breakfast before the next flight.  They also have a pay lounge in the same area, I believe its around $25, well worth it IMHO.

Yahoo !!!! Booked Eva again for my next trip end of November. Almost $100 more expensive then Eastern China Airlines but after reading the review about Eastern China Airlines and PVG airport, I'm glad to pay the extra.

Booked for next month on EVA out of SFO -TPE... connecting on a Thai Airways with a 10:30AM arrival in BKK  & since they are a member of Star Alliance was able to use United miles......have flown EVA in the past... had a great flight & service.....I'll have to check out the pay lounge at TPE...

25 days and counting! 

On 9/28/2017 at 19:49, patman said:

I am lucky enough to have a silver card so I get to use the lounge at TPE, just enough time to have a shower, get some breakfast before the next flight. 

the perks of traveling to LOS...ain't it great! the food at the lounge is better than what they serve on the plane, so i eat at the lounge and just get drinks on the plane.

I am looking at an EVA premium economy flight LAX-TPE-BKK for March. When do you get to select your seat? It's only worth it if I can get an aisle.

Can someone advise? Thanks!

6 minutes ago, marwari said:

I am looking at an EVA premium economy flight LAX-TPE-BKK for March. When do you get to select your seat? It's only worth it if I can get an aisle.

Can someone advise? Thanks!

Always picked my seat 90 days before flight,, some say 120 days but never worked for me ,,, have taken that flight many times ,, its a good one .

I spend half my money on hookers and booze ,the other half I waste.

Just now, soi23 said:

Always picked my seat 90 days before flight,, some say 120 days but never worked for me ,,, have taken that flight many times ,, its a good one .

Thanks. I flew Cathay premium economy a few weeks ago, LAX-HKG-BKK. It might be better that EVA premium economy but it's $1000 more. CX seat selection is before you pay. 

Archived