Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

CPAP machines

elbenvillas

Hoping i will get information badly needed here.

I have been using a CPAP (Resmed /Autosense 10) machine for the past two years.  Prior to that I had been suffering terribly from lack of

sleep, waking up every half hour or so struggling for breath, and of course very loud snoring when sleeping even for a little time.

I had a sleep test done (outside thailand) and was told I needed this machine.  I bought one in the Philippines and since then had been very happy with the results, sleeping soundly each night with none of the tired out feeling all day.

Now to current situation:  Last night went to bed machine plugged in and fell asleep.  A few hours later woke up with breathing difficulty and found that the machine was not working.  Tried everything, unplugged the electrical cord and plugged it again, but the machine light did not light up.  Tried different outlets but nothing worked.  Thought machine may have a fuse that went out ( it doesnt have a fuse).

So now cant even figure out if it is the connection cord that went out or if there is something wrong with the machine.

QUESTION: Is there any dealership/workshop that I can take the connecting cord and the machine to have it checked out and see what the problem is.  I live in Pattaya, and couldnt find any on the internet.

QUESTION:  The machine is something that I just cannot live without.  In case the machine is kaput, and or to keep a backup machine,

is there anyone here on the Pattaya forum who may have bought a machine for their own use, but not using it now, and wanting to sell it.

I would be very interested in talking to you.  Prefer one with a humidifier as it keeps the nasal passages from becoming dry and they do bleed if dry.

Here's hoping i get some answers.

Thanks

EZ

I would guess the cord or transformer.   check where it plugs in the machine and also where it plugs in the transformer, sometimes that comes loose, plug them both in and out a few times

or buy a new cord on internet or BPH or like, some dealers here that sell them and they do  http://www.1800cpap.com/resmed-external-90-watt-power-supply-for-resmed-airsense-10-series.aspx?gclid=CKjekNbhxtUCFYSQjwodlM0N2Q

and people with the same problem.   GS will be your friend.  here is one    http://www.1800cpap.com/resmed-external-90-watt-power-supply-for-resmed-airsense-10-series.aspx?gclid=CKjekNbhxtUCFYSQjwodlM0N2Q

thanks for the information.

the item i need is $63.00 u.s.d

The cost of shipping it to thailand via Fed Ex is $79.00 u.s.d.

Expensive freight eh....

ez

4 minutes ago, elbenvillas said:

thanks for the information.

the item i need is $63.00 u.s.d

The cost of shipping it to thailand via Fed Ex is $79.00 u.s.d.

Expensive freight eh....

ez

they will probably have a unit at BPH and you can try their cord and if it works they can get you one

I have a resemed autoset s9, if you think it is the same cord you can try it out at my house.  Hope you tried the fixs suggested on the internet like taking out the chip and all

mine looks like this

and thats real nice of you to make that offer.

thanks

ez

ordered it thru the address you provided.  the cost of the item is 63.99 usd and Fed Ex 3 day service as 69.99.

Lets see if it shows up in this time, if not, i will message you see if yours will work.

Did you have a spare cord then?  wouldnt want you to suffer without a machine as i know how hard it is.

thanks again, i live in central pattaya behind Big C Pattayaklang

owe you a beer for sure if you are out one of these days.

ez

6 minutes ago, elbenvillas said:

mine looks like this

and thats real nice of you to make that offer.

thanks

ez

I would check on gogle to see if interchangeable.   Hard to take a pic but you should be able to get on on internet.  If it does not work, go to BPH with your machine, main lobby, up escalator and make a right at the top.  in there they have a cpac person, usually and they have machines

IMG_4279 copy.jpg

IMG_4279.jpg

IMG_4280.jpg

thanks a lot though for the thought.

really appreciated.

ez

ps. offer of drinks still open

just thinking about this, looking into upgrading to your machine.  They come in different voltages 110 and 220.    Do you have the 220?  If you dont you burned up your transformer.

I just made an appointment at BPH to have the check adjustments on my current machine, I think they are off and will see what doc says.  I can adjust myself but not sure what to adjust to.

is that an air-sense or auto-sense, seems like they are air-sense.   they have three, which do you have and do you like it?

As I remember there is a dealer in bangkok that can help you

Screen Shot 2017-08-10 at 9.07.28 AM.jpg

Not sure if i can help

I been using one for 4 years still sleep shit but do need it as was waking up choking .. so that stopped but my main reason cant sleep is Neuropathy pain in feet

Well anyway cost me AUS$2100 for the machine - use full face mask that costs $90 for a new one done that x 3

anyone who snores should get one...

On 8/10/2017 at 9:11 AM, just hanging said:

just thinking about this, looking into upgrading to your machine.  They come in different voltages 110 and 220.    Do you have the 220?  If you dont you burned up your transformer.

I just made an appointment at BPH to have the check adjustments on my current machine, I think they are off and will see what doc says.  I can adjust myself but not sure what to adjust to.

is that an air-sense or auto-sense, seems like they are air-sense.   they have three, which do you have and do you like it?

As I remember there is a dealer in Bangkok that can help you

Screen Shot 2017-08-10 at 9.07.28 AM.jpg

I have the AirSense 10 Autoset.  Been using it since December 2015.

The connector cord gave out last week. AC Input 100-240v 50Hz, 1.0 to 1.5 Amp, 400 Hz 1.5 Amp.  DC Output 24V, 3.75 amp.

This is what it says on the old adapter, and the same information on the replacement i got from the 1-800cpap.com site from the USA.

Ordered the adapter as the photo showed the attachment that goes into the wall outlet too.  But when it arrived, it only had the cord that is permanently connected to the adapter.  The cord that plugs into the adapter then into the wall socket was not there.  Apparently one has to pay extra for that.  Thank God my old not working adapter connector cord worked just fine.  Plugged it into the new adapter, then into the wall socket, and Presto, I can sleep peacefully again.

This is a great machine, in fact i am getting one backup one just in case the actual machine breaks down.  Now they have the similar machine but with a climate controlled hose, which means that when using the humidifier, the hose warms up too.  Cost is USD 879.00 free shipping within the continental USA.  But need a doc prescription or a recent sleep test to get the machine.

This machine is fantastic, i am using it for the last two years and cant live without it. I know how to go to the clinical settings., Easy enough.  Just google clinical settings Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset.  I have it set on minimum pressure of 10 and max of 15 with a setting of 3 on the humidifier.

Also got to give kudos to Fedex International Priority shipping.  I ordered Tuesday last, they picked it up same day, notified me it would be at my pattaya home address by 5 pm friday. and sure enough 3 pm, the fedex driver called and delivered.  Excise tax was 181 baht.

All is good if machine is there with me.

EZ

oh expensive to ship though.

cord cost 63.00 usd, fedex international priority was 69.00 usd but well worth it.

ez

On 8/11/2017 at 9:06 AM, rhino said:

Not sure if i can help

I been using one for 4 years still sleep shit but do need it as was waking up choking .. so that stopped but my main reason cant sleep is Neuropathy pain in feet

Well anyway cost me AUS$2100 for the machine - use full face mask that costs $90 for a new one done that x 3

anyone who snores should get one...

place in america cheap for machines

as for the feet it might be restless leg syndrome, keeps me awake.  got pills for it but I dont like them

buy resemed.jpg

3 hours ago, elbenvillas said:

I have the AirSense 10 Autoset.  Been using it since December 2015.

The connector cord gave out last week. AC Input 100-240v 50Hz, 1.0 to 1.5 Amp, 400 Hz 1.5 Amp.  DC Output 24V, 3.75 amp.

This is what it says on the old adapter, and the same information on the replacement i got from the 1-800cpap.com site from the USA.

Ordered the adapter as the photo showed the attachment that goes into the wall outlet too.  But when it arrived, it only had the cord that is permanently connected to the adapter.  The cord that plugs into the adapter then into the wall socket was not there.  Apparently one has to pay extra for that.  Thank God my old not working adapter connector cord worked just fine.  Plugged it into the new adapter, then into the wall socket, and Presto, I can sleep peacefully again.

This is a great machine, in fact i am getting one backup one just in case the actual machine breaks down.  Now they have the similar machine but with a climate controlled hose, which means that when using the humidifier, the hose warms up too.  Cost is USD 879.00 free shipping within the continental USA.  But need a doc prescription or a recent sleep test to get the machine.

This machine is fantastic, i am using it for the last two years and cant live without it. I know how to go to the clinical settings., Easy enough.  Just google clinical settings Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset.  I have it set on minimum pressure of 10 and max of 15 with a setting of 3 on the humidifier.

Also got to give kudos to Fedex International Priority shipping.  I ordered Tuesday last, they picked it up same day, notified me it would be at my pattaya home address by 5 pm friday. and sure enough 3 pm, the fedex driver called and delivered.  Excise tax was 181 baht.

All is good if machine is there with me.

EZ

I am about to order that machine, thanks for telling me it is good.  by the way this is a great place to get a machine, free delivery and no prescription.  got my last two from there and you can ask any question by email and an expert replies.  they will set it up for you also.    this is the one I am ordering, having it sent to my friends house and he will bring it.  Got my s8 ad s9 from there.  You can also get a used guaranteed one cheaper.      www.secondwindcpap.com

buy resemed.jpg

there is a place in bangkok but they are not allowed to sell resemed for some reason

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/14/2017 at 18:52, just hanging said:

there is a place in Bangkok but they are not allowed to sell resmed for some reason

Thanks for the info about BPH.  It's good to know I can go there in an emergency.

I use an S9 Autoset and will be bringing it with me to Pattaya in October.

In the past 6 years I have not had a single night when I didn't use it,  so the thought of being without it if it breaks down is a bit scary. 

(At home I still keep my old S7 as a backup,  but that's a bit too bulky to bring along.)

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

I am very interested in getting a travel CPAP -- my unit is about 13 years old and still cranking, but it's about the size of a shoebox and I am very limited in my ability to use it on a plane.

I am fine just buying one, but, as noted, you need a prescription.  Because my prescription is 13 years old, they said I have to go to sleep clinic and start over.

Pain in the ass, but this thread has me thinking that I need to do it asap (so I can use my current unit either as a back-up or just at home).

Heading to Baku, Azerbaijan at the end of the month, and making sure I bring a power converter to drop the voltage to 110 so as not to fry my unit.  Think I'm screwed on the flight though.

2 hours ago, ocka said:

Thanks for the info about BPH.  It's good to know I can go there in an emergency.

I use an S9 Autoset and will be bringing it with me to Pattaya in October.

In the past 6 years I have not had a single night when I didn't use it,  so the thought of being without it if it breaks down is a bit scary. 

(At home I still keep my old S7 as a backup,  but that's a bit too bulky to bring along.)

they have a resemed rep at BPH in the sleep center

5 minutes ago, Luv2Phuket said:

I am very interested in getting a travel CPAP -- my unit is about 13 years old and still cranking, but it's about the size of a shoebox and I am very limited in my ability to use it on a plane.

I am fine just buying one, but, as noted, you need a prescription.  Because my prescription is 13 years old, they said I have to go to sleep clinic and start over.

Pain in the ass, but this thread has me thinking that I need to do it asap (so I can use my current unit either as a back-up or just at home).

Heading to Baku, Azerbaijan at the end of the month, and making sure I bring a power converter to drop the voltage to 110 so as not to fry my unit.  Think I'm screwed on the flight though.

I just brought a S10 with all the bells and whistles, no prescription and free delivery in the states, my friend bringing out for me in a few weeks.  You wont believe the difference to what you have, night and day.  order one today.  half the price if you could get it.     http://www.secondwindcpap.com/

-1.jpg

3 hours ago, just hanging said:

-1.jpg

Wow,good price! They sell for $2100 here in Australia.  (240 Volt model though)

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

think they have multiple voltage but you can get an adapter I am sure. send them a message, they got an expert that gets back to you right away.  this will be the third one I got from them, great service, new machines.  they sell in the US which is 110 and I use my one here which is 220.

that same machine is 120K more when I checked 2 years ago

Archived