IGNORED

Naklua na Jomtien

Mishko

17 hours ago, Mishko said:

I think what happened is that, I got on one of the buses that only do the same street up and down at North Pattaya, but then with the exception of last one that marked "Naklua na Jomtien",  I felt kind of pissed off to say the least. Rented wheels beckon me with dozens of arms already.

It happens the first couple of times. If I tried to explain it to you before you arrived, your head would have been spinning. 

In short, from Naklua, you ask the driver if he is going to Beach Road. If yes, jump on. If he mentions money, wave him on and wait for the next one.

Same with most songthaew. Ask for the general direction in which you are going. Beach road going one was, second road the other. Never ask for Phra Tamnak, as most will think that you want to charter. For Phra Tamnak, you just take the songthaew to Jomtien and jump off at your stop.

If a driver ever mentions a monetary figure to you, wave him on and wait for the next one. 

Archived