IGNORED

Naklua na Jomtien

Mishko

Hey guys, I went to visit a TG at the Lumpiniville condos (Naklua Road), and could get on easily from Pratamnak Rd + Thappraya Rd (I stay on Pratamnk Rd Soi 6)

It went all the way up 2nd Rd, and at the Dolphin Roundabout it turned left as for Beach Rd, where I got off, and everything fine. 

The problem was on the way back. I walked to Dolphin Rdbout and didn't realise 2nd Rd is only one direction, so got on one from North Pattaya Road but only went til the end of the street.  On 3rd Rd there was nothing either, so where is the closest bus down to Jomtien, that will bring me back down Pratamnak Rd? 

I am starting to see what this is like, it is own wheels for me next trip.

Yeah the one way system around central Pattaya does take some getting used to.

My advice from Pratamnak is to use the local motorbike taxis, they know the short cuts and don't cost much.

The baht buses are a pain as they only stop at the top of Pratamnak so it is a bit of a trek though you can just get a bike from there.

Just remember to haggle! They always give a large quote at the start :)

15 minutes ago, Mishko said:

Hey guys, I went to visit a TG at the Lumpiniville condos (Naklua Road), and could get on easily from Pratamnak Rd + Thappraya Rd (I stay on Pratamnk Rd Soi 6)

It went all the way up 2nd Rd, and at the Dolphin Roundabout it turned left as for Beach Rd, where I got off, and everything fine. 

The problem was on the way back. I walked to Dolphin Rdbout and didn't realise 2nd Rd is only one direction, so got on one from North Pattaya Road but only went til the end of the street.  On 3rd Rd there was nothing either, so where is the closest bus down to Jomtien, that will bring me back down Pratamnak Rd? 

I am starting to see what this is like, it is own wheels for me next trip.

on the return trip the baht bus will travel along beach rd turning left just before walking st and up to the traffic lights. you are gonna need to get off and cross to your right to where the baht buses line up for the trip to jomtien. so 2 buses req going back

9 minutes ago, article22 said:

Yeah the one way system around central Pattaya does take some getting used to.

My advice from Pratamnak is to use the local motorbike taxis, they know the short cuts and don't cost much.

The baht buses are a pain as they only stop at the top of Pratamnak so it is a bit of a trek though you can just get a bike from there.

Just remember to haggle! They always give a large quote at the start :)

Twice I tried to haggle, from 60 to 40 and they didn't accept. Plus I got a really nasty guy here at Pratamnak, and he even didn't know where Walking Street was. 

Second time, could only do from 120 to 100 at 2nd Rd on way back.  I regret not having my A1 ready earlier on this year when I had the chance. 

Not sure i understand your 3rd parragraph but am assuming you mean you caught a bus down nua toward sukhumvit rd and got off at 3rd rd or did you actually get off at sukhumvit?

I only use bb maggoted so usually ride, but if i was you in this particular case i would have taken a bus down beach back to 2nd rd and walked south across the intersection and jumped on a jomtien bus!

4 minutes ago, Ronald McDonald said:

Not sure i understand your 3rd parragraph but am assuming you mean you caught a bus down nua toward sukhumvit rd and got off at 3rd rd or did you actually get off at sukhumvit?

I only use bb maggoted so usually ride, but if i was you in this particular case i would have taken a bus down beach back to 2nd rd and walked south across the intersection and jumped on a Jomtien bus!

The bus at North Pattaya Rd only took me to the end (Sukhumvit Rd) telling me last stop. Then I walked back and decided to see 3rd Road, but found no buses. When I came up Central Pattaya Rd on my right, at the cross with 2nd Rd it was only one direction (to Dolphin Rdabout) 

I saw a bus saying "Naklua na Jomtien" coming down Central Pattaya Rd, I said "great", I hopped on it, and it takes me only until the end of CPRoad where it meets Sukhumvit Road. The lady again tells me "last stop". I thought of genocide at that point. 

Firstly, the baht bus goes right outside lumpini condo. But you happened to be on a bus that turned left and went to the beach instead. 

Outside lumpini, get on any bus to go home. They all go to Walking Street direction, via beach road.

3 minutes ago, taylor1975 said:

Firstly, the baht bus goes right outside lumpini condo. But you happened to be on a bus that turned left and went to the beach instead. 

Outside lumpini, get on any bus to go home. They all go to walking street direction.

On the way there, no issues. From Dolphin, the North Pattaya I think it is, leaves you at the doorstep. 

It is on the way back that I had problems. No buses coming the same way I made from Dolphin Roundabout, since 2nd Rd it is only one direction.

16 minutes ago, Mishko said:

Twice I tried to haggle, from 60 to 40 and they didn't accept. Plus I got a really nasty guy here at Pratamnak, and he even didn't know where Walking Street was. 

Second time, could only do from 120 to 100 at 2nd Rd on way back.  I regret not having my A1 ready earlier on this year when I had the chance. 

Yeah on the corner at the top of Pratamnak, it can be variable who you get on the bikes.

I tend to walk around the corner to the smaller stall and the guys there are often a little bit better...though if you don't get the deal be prepared to walk :)

I sometimes get annoyed and angry that I have to walk, then after 5 mins I realise I am in Pattaya, the sun is shining and I am on holiday...mai pen rai

some baht buses do run up north pattaya rd, but if you had caught 1 from near lumpiniville going south it should take you along beach rd to end up at the traffic lights. last time i caught 1 it actually went into north pattaya rd and then did a u turn back to the dolphin roundabout and onto beach rd etc etc.

the reason for this odd u turn is there were so many crashes at the dolphin they had to block off direct access

1 minute ago, striderman said:

some baht buses do run up north pattaya rd, but if you had caught 1 from near lumpiniville going south it should take you along beach rd to end up at the traffic lights. last time i caught 1 it actually went into north pattaya rd and then did a u turn back to the dolphin roundabout and onto beach rd etc etc.

the reason for this odd u turn is there were so many crashes at the dolphin they had to block off direct access

99.9% of the buses do that u-turn and head back towards the beach.

3 minutes ago, Mishko said:

It is on the way back that I had problems. No buses coming the same way I made from Dolphin Roundabout, since 2nd Rd it is only one direction.

On the way home, you will go along beach road and it will go past Walking Street and to the crossroad on 2nd road. You need to get off there and change bus, or get a bike.

2 minutes ago, taylor1975 said:

99.9% of the buses do that u-turn and head back towards the beach.

I didn't realise that, but it happened that the driver knocked on the window and asked me to get off when it reached the end. 

I was the only sucker left on the bus at that point, so I assumed it would be last stop and go no further. I asked them and they nodded.

1 minute ago, Mishko said:

I didn't realise that, but it happened that the driver knocked on the window and asked me to get off when it reached the end. 

I was the only sucker left on the bus at that point, so I assumed it would be last stop and go no further. I asked them and they nodded.

Thats real unlucky. Its not normal.

It's a learning curve.Before my first visit  I had a head full of sois,google map images,second road,3rd road, beach road.baht bus here baht bus there...this massage...that massage.

Its only really when you are actually there on the ground that it all starts to make sense and things fall into place.On a motorbike you don't pick it up as quick.Walking around you see the sois massage spas that have been mentioned on the forum.You also get a good idea of the traffic flows.

1 minute ago, taylor1975 said:

On the way home, you will go along beach road and it will go past walking street and to the crossroad on 2nd road. You need to get off there and change bus, or get a bike.

Yeah I think I got it now. What route has the bus indicated at the front, "South Pattaya Road"?

1 minute ago, Mishko said:

Yeah I think I got it now. What route has the bus indicated at the front, "South Pattaya Road"?

Ignore what they have on the front of their bus. The driver can't read english anyway!!

Just now, taylor1975 said:

Thats real unlucky. Its not normal.

I think what happened is that, I got on one of the buses that only do the same street up and down at North Pattaya, but then with the exception of last one that marked "Naklua na Jomtien",  I felt kind of pissed off to say the least. Rented wheels beckon me with dozens of arms already.

I believe that most of the buses that travel Naklua Road (past Lupiniville) going south go all the way to Jomtien.  No need to transfer at Pattaya Tai and 2nd Road intersection.  If the bus does turn back north at 2nd Road, then get off and go across to the southeast corner of that intersection and get on a bus waiting in line at the school.  Maximum cost 20 baht.

2 minutes ago, mongo2 said:

I believe that most of the buses that travel Naklua Road (past Lupiniville) going south go all the way to Jomtien.  No need to transfer at Pattaya Tai and 2nd Road intersection.  If the bus does turn back north at 2nd Road, then get off and go across to the southeast corner of that intersection and get on a bus waiting in line at the school.  Maximum cost 20 baht.

i don't think they don't go all the way to jomtien unless they have been chartered. you would have a line of very angry parked up bus drvers that they would need to pass.

Just now, striderman said:

i don't think they don't go all the way to Jomtien unless they have been chartered. you would have a line of very angry parked up bus drvers that they would need to pass.

It has been a while since I did that so I cannot be sure they still do.  But for sure I used to get on at Naklua Rd Soi 16 and go all the way the Jomtien Beach Road at Soi 5 to go to the Immigration Office.  These days I just use the taxi service right outside my condo.

What happened to the maps of the 'new' bus routes recently posted?

1 minute ago, mongo2 said:

I

What happened to the maps of the 'new' bus routes recently posted?

they might as well post a map of bus routes in zimbabwe. in pattaya it counts for nothing.

Whether they follow the maps has nothing to do with the fact I traveled that route for years every three months.

16 minutes ago, mongo2 said:

none of them go to jomtien now. They all turn left at the crossroads.

but strangely, you can go from jomtien all the way to naklua!

Archived