IGNORED

Wok n Rok

just hanging

On 12/07/2017 at 3:20 AM, just hanging said:

Hey jh,thanks for the food pics and menu for wok n r ok,I've not used them but I've heard and read good reports,I and im sure others appreciate the threads you do on different cafes ,restuarants and other eating places, keep up the good work mate.

• 3 weeks later...

when in was in burakau, I ate one time and hated it, although I was craving for Chinese.  All sugar back then.  Now its hongkong style, which is very similar to american Chinese.  Really really good, finally I found a go to Chinese place for my favorite food.  Had a 10 hottie coming last night so worth it to stay home since she is not working.  Ordered Chinese in. Came right on time, 500 baht.  I am a big eater and I could barely do half, big orders and great packaging.

sweet and sour chicken

orange chicken

pork fried rice

wok n rok 0929694119

IMG_4190.jpg

IMG_4185.jpg

IMG_4186.JPG

IMG_4187.JPG

IMG_4189.JPG

IMG_4191.jpg

What dish on their menu would be similar to General Tso's chicken? Do they have anyhing comparable?

5 hours ago, Marcus85 said:

What dish on their menu would be similar to General Tso's chicken? Do they have anyhing comparable?

I saw her say on FB General tso chicken as a special one night so maybe can be ordered.     as for sit down, it is not, pick up or delivery but if you like Chinese food, this is good. The only other decent one is at royal cliff, but way more expensive and not as good, but you can sit

• 2 weeks later...

Latest incarnation has closed.

Yet again, 'staffing issues' given as reason.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

1 hour ago, davidge said:

Latest incarnation has closed.

Yet again, 'staffing issues' given as reason.

That's too bad, I was looking forward to some good Chinese food. 

Maybe this woman's work ethics are the issue? Doesn't seem to difficult to keep a take-out only place open. 

yep, the food was great, and I tried to order in the last couple of weeks.   delivery guy problem bull.  You can always charge for delivery and we can pay and they can give it to the delivery guy.  My guess that anyone that wasn't american didn't tip, and they worked for tips.  I tipped well, tough job and I wanted them to stay around, but only american tippers tip decent, so they quit....... my guess

19 hours ago, just hanging said:

My guess that anyone that wasn't american didn't tip, and they worked for tips.  I tipped well, tough job and I wanted them to stay around, but only american tippers tip decent, so they quit....... my guess

i think you guessed wrong,

how on gods earth do you know that only americans tip  and tip well?

the taxi guys were paid by wok to deliver the same as WOW and got tips as value added extras.

i dont know what is so tough about the job;

pick up drop off easy peasy

9 minutes ago, karandy said:

i think you guessed wrong,

how on gods earth do you know that only americans tip  and tip well?

the taxi guys were paid by wok to deliver the same as WOW and got tips as value added extras.

i dont know what is so tough about the job;

pick up drop off easy peasy

read the tip threads........english dont tip, they say those greedy thais get enough pay and if they dont they should raise their salary.  Most others dont tip either cept Americans, say this is not a tipping country, they are wrong

the excuse wok gave was delivery people quit, not sure why they didnt do wow

1 hour ago, just hanging said:

read the tip threads........english dont tip, they say those greedy thais get enough pay and if they dont they should raise their salary.  Most others dont tip either cept Americans, say this is not a tipping country, they are wrong

the excuse wok gave was delivery people quit, not sure why they didnt do wow

generalizations -no facts-just your opinion-

i suppose your tips are different

A lot of guys do not feel the need to tip when there is a delivery charge. i don't know their delivery policy but they would have been smart to ensure their delivery guys got something even if they had to do a little out of locket. Too bad they closed and i hope they do re=open, i found their food spot on.

there food was great, hope them come back.  need to use a current delivery service, but I am guessing many balk at having to pay

6 hours ago, B-Man said:

A lot of guys do not feel the need to tip when there is a delivery charge. i don't know their delivery policy but they would have been smart to ensure their delivery guys got something even if they had to do a little out of locket. Too bad they closed and i hope they do re=open, i found their food spot on.

free delivery so my guess is they did not pay delivery man and he depended on tips, and not many tip

Sorry to hear they went out of business. I will be back in mid-September and was looking forward to trying their food and delivery. btw - JH I sent you a PM about the Thai Tutor we had discussed. If you get some time, please check it out.

2 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

Sorry to hear they went out of business. I will be back in mid-September and was looking forward to trying their food and delivery. btw - JH I sent you a PM about the Thai Tutor we had discussed. If you get some time, please check it out.

havent any current PMs from you

I saw she was posting her food specials on Pattaya Facebook foodie group very recently, is that done with as well now?

8 hours ago, just hanging said:

havent any current PMs from you

I sent it through the old PM conversation thread. Evidently, it is so dated that it no longer works. I will start a fresh PM thread, as soon as I post this message.

23 hours ago, jimboh said:

This Wok and Rok seem like a total shambles.

Ever since they first opened in SB they had repeated staffing problems, after they sold that place then started that sort of stall in LK again they had staffing problems so much so that you never knew if the place was going to be open or not.

As I recall they also had a bar but again suffered frequently with staffing problems there as well.

Then the guys wife had a bad bike accident so they stopped for a few months but are now up and running for home deliveries only from Jomtien.

Now they have, yet again, staffing problems so with such a track record of them its pretty clear its their own fault, maybe its the pay, maybe its the way they treat the staff, no idea but to have the same problem again and again means its not the staffs fault.

As for what I consider to be the less than worthwhile remark about tipping and how some nationalities don't do it so its their fault that Wok n Rock cant provide deliveries, lets just look at it for what it is

Americans are only a tiny minority in Pattaya out of all the other nationalities so it stands to reason they are also only a tiny minority of those who order take away food to be delivered

So why don't the dozens of other restaurants that provide a home delivery service have staffing problems with delivery drivers due to the vast majority of their orders coming from the supposedly non tipping non Americans ?  

No, its just yet another Wok n Rock staffing issue that has nothing at all to do with tips but entirely one of their own making, judging by their track record with staffing issues previously.

Great food when you can get it from them though.

Last night I was in the Beer Garden for about three hours. The place was running like a well oiled machine, food/meals flying out of the kitchen every few seconds. Every member of staff seemed to know exactly what to do next.

I asked the head manager "How many staff"

"110" she answered.

Maybe Ouy should just go and work in their kitchen.

Central location and she could knock out more meals in one night than W&R ever did in a week.

3 hours ago, lantern said:

Last night I was in the Beer Garden for about three hours. The place was running like a well oiled machine, food/meals flying out of the kitchen every few seconds. Every member of staff seemed to know exactly what to do next.

Only restaurant I know that gives their new starts homework.

Archived