Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

gulf air booked £388

OmarB

As I'm retiring this year from working in Hong Kong i will be returning to live in the uk in August. As such no short hops and I have to pay for myself unfortunately !. Was looking at coming Thailand end of October for 6 weeks. Fired up travel supermarket which is powered by sky scanner anyway and 29th October till 11th December was around £350 on Air china and first of the middle east carriers was Gulf at £388. Redirected to Opodo and booked. Travel Trolley had same flight at £392. 2 hour connection outbound 1 hour inbound. eticket about 2 hours later entered it into amadeus all good all 4 sectors confirmed.

Normally I wouldnt book till few weeks before but i wanted to firm up dates for hotel Im currently in. Happy with that

EDITED.....just checked and price today is £390 via travel up or £395 on fly sharp

Interesting to see what ME3 Airlines will be charging for the normal 2/3 week breaks ex UK for the next six months (except JULY/AUG)

From my area Manchester seems prices have firmed at + £100 than earlier 2017

2 hours ago, GreyMan said:

WorldAirFares/Crystal Travel a bit cheaper.

Mug.jpg

i used to use Crystal a lot but they got removed from Travel Supermarket listings for some reason some time ago. They may well have been reinstated but not seen their name on TS for quite some time now

Gulf Air are pretty bad.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

flew couple years ago on them medium haul in economy wasnt too bad in my opinion certainly not as good as the big 3 ME carriers but perfectly acceptable

Just travelled fron Bkk-Lhr with Gulf,no problems at all.

The Gulf airlines are suffering with the silly oil prices Emirates profits dropped 70% last year !

10 hours ago, davidge said:

Gulf Air are pretty bad.

Nonsense! When last did you fly with them?

2 minutes ago, GreyMan said:

Nonsense! When last did you fly with them?

December/January

2 minutes ago, davidge said:

December/January

Seems that you are out of sync with just about everyone else here.

I was pleasantly surprised. Expected it to be below average, but it was more than fine.

For me, both the ground staff and crew were good No complaints with the flight experience itself.

So a long way from bad.

Perhaps you can recount your particular experience.

Make sure you look for reviews of travel companies such as Crystal Travel........they are not good!

2 minutes ago, GreyMan said:

Seems that you are out of sync with just about everyone else here.

I was pleasantly surprised. Expected it to be below average, but it was more than fine.

I can understand people putting up with them because they're cheap, but can't believe anyone who's actually flown with a decent airline would think they're good.

Every other thread on here above them has said they're poor & the people I know personally have said the same.

They are meant to be getting new planes in the next few years to replace their decrepit fleet. They may improve then.

31 minutes ago, mbamber said:

The Gulf airlines are suffering with the silly oil prices Emirates profits dropped 70% last year !

?? airlines doesn't sell oil, they burn it, and Jet A-1 is close to an all time low http://www.iata.org/publications/economics/fuel-monitor/Pages/price-analysis.aspx

Flown Gulf before once , nothing wrong with it for the price . Its not a premium airline and not a premium price, acceptable and would use again if the price and dates are good for me.

39 minutes ago, davidge said:

I can understand people putting up with them because they're cheap, but can't believe anyone who's actually flown with a decent airline would think they're good.

Every other thread on here above them has said they're poor & the people I know personally have said the same.

They are meant to be getting new planes in the next few years to replace their decrepit fleet. They may improve then.

I've flown with just about every major airline. So I think that I am qualified to judge.

The product was fine. Decent sized seatback TV and USB charger. Food was also fine.

So once again, perhaps you can recount the experience that you had in December/January. Not hearsay, but your particular experience in flying the UK to Bangkok route. Thank you.

No.

I can't be arsed.

Especially when I wrote in detail at the time & there's been more than one detailed discussion on Gulf previously on the forum.

Just RTFF

2 minutes ago, davidge said:

No.

I can't be arsed.

Especially when I wrote in detail at the time & there's been more than one detailed discussion on Gulf previously on the forum.

Just RTFF

Thank you. We can all rest easy knowing that your claims are just BS.

Since everyone here, who has actually used them, seems to think that they are fine.

:LMAO1:

Dug out your review, davidge:  

So it seems that your issue was with a delayed flight out of Bahrain. Otherwise you stated that it was ok.

On the same thread, others were reporting positive experiences.

So, because of a delayed flight, you are here throwing your toys to the ground.

The fact is that people use Gulf Air when the price is right. They really are not as bad as you suggest and that is borne out by the many others on this board who have flown with them.

A single review by a grumpy old man doesn't change the tide.

FFS give it up.

I have better things to do with my time.

Interestingly enough, the very next month, you were posting Gulf Air prices for members here. Why would you do that if you considered them so bad??

Just now, davidge said:

FFS give it up.

I have better things to do with my time.

Off you go then.

Next time, don't post BS, as you may just get pulled up on it. 

You really are a tedious little man. 

Bye.

26 minutes ago, davidge said:

You really are... 

Bye.

Perhaps later...Mr Meldrew.

Archived