IGNORED

Other GCC Countries 'blockading' Qatar

davidge

Doesn't sound good. I use Qatar Airways far more than any other airline - prices are always low, airplanes are very comfortable, and Doha is a fantastic airport for connecting. Abu Dhabi is a shit-hole by comparison. 

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, davidge said:

No politics allowed on the forum

:hello09: 

We can can talk about the possible effects on flights and the broad outline of other effects but not about the politics behind it all.

Treading a careful line on this page!

Yes but I think different to GEO politic and politic.

They call me ROBINHOOD, captain TEAM FARANG!

Came though yesterday ,Flight was rerouted but arrived on time at BKK

No problems on my flight but who knows what will happen next  

Just a quick update from the smoking room in Doha. No dramas. Flight on time with a bit of a detour to avoid some airspace. Flight to heathrow seems to be on time. So for all those maybe in a bit of a panic, I don't think you have anything to worry about! :unsure::D

4 hours ago, daytripperz said:

Just a quick update from the smoking room in Doha. No dramas. Flight on time with a bit of a detour to avoid some airspace. Flight to heathrow seems to be on time. So for all those maybe in a bit of a panic, I don't think you have anything to worry about! :unsure::D

Thanks for update much appreciated 

fly from Manchester tomorrow afternoon 

East-West travel is ok. I'm flying London to KL next month with Qatar Airways. Called them yesterday and they advised my flight would not be affected. 

Just got back. Pattaya blues etc. But no problems whatsoever on the Doha-Heathrow flight. Departed on time and landed on time even with a 10 minutes delay because of the queue to land at Heathrow.

Also had exit seats all four flights which were all pretty much on time. Good airline and would use them again, especially for the bargain price of £316! I hope this shit gets sorted though.

On 15/06/2017 at 3:18 AM, Jumpin Jack Flash said:

I wonder if their ticket sales have taken a hit, and if they've dropped their prices as a result ?

https://www.qatarairways.com/en-th/homepage.html

They have indeed, book by June 19th, for flights up to mid-March.

I just got a BKK-DOH-LHR return next January for B20,800.

I've received a few 'special offer' emails but when I checked different dates it wasn't at all cheap.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Its not changed at all from I can see (looking at July, Aug, Sept).  The only offers I can find are slightly cheaper business class seats, which are way out my budget anyway.  Think I'll hold off for a couple of weeks and hope the crisis calms down. Any BMs travelling on Qatar in the next week or two, please let us know of any problems, delays etc.

Archived