Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Sandbar

just hanging

I eat at the Sandbar for breakfast daily, good food and atmosphere.  I took a girl for dinner last night, the atmosphere was great, patio dining was great and they had a band.  She got some thai food and I was gonna do the same but I saw eggs Benedict and hadn't had it for a while so here we go.  Some will say it doesn't look good but it was really good and I had more sauce on the side.  Nice place if you want to have a nice dinner for a reasonable price.  Big menu and the thai guy that runs/owns it had a place in Hawaii like this for 15 years so good western service

IMG_2874.jpg

IMG_2877.jpg

IMG_2878.JPG

Where is SandBar?

Retired in Pattaya, Thailand - arrived April 1, 2014... Ohhhhh yeahhhhhh... LiveN my dream!

:GrinNod1:  :GoldenSmile1:  :24:

it is on jomtien beach just in from the police station, park in the parking lot in the last spaces and your in front of the door.   Run like a top western restaurant for Thai prices

The Phat Pong looks okay, but I don't understand Eggs Benedict for Dinner.

Was it legit Hollandaise sauce? I've tried to find good Eggs Benedict at multiple places and the sauce is always shit.

11 hours ago, Marcus85 said:

Was it legit Hollandaise sauce? I've tried to find good Eggs Benedict at multiple places and the sauce is always shit.

yep, I ordered it becasue i wanted to eat it, TS can never figure that out.   Was not the best I ever had but it was really good, sauce good and killer place.   You will enjoy, I have several friends that are really particular and go mostly to brunos and Mata Harris........and here and this is a fraction of the price.with entertainment

Very busy in the evening during high Season. You need to book if there's live music on to make sure of getting a table then.

It is, effectively, an open air place so don't expect to sit in cold aircon etc. Even the smallish inside area has doors permanently open. Usually a breeze off the sea anyway.

Has become very popular very quickly with the Jomtien expats so must be doing something right.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

• 2 weeks later...

I have been a few times, nice place, good service but, for me, food nothing special.

my Friends eat the breakfast there all the time, I just eat the Greek yogurt, banana and yougert but I took a pic this morning to show.   180 baht, including the buffet which has coffee on it as well as breads, pastries, cereal, juices, Thai dishes, bagels, fruit and so on, all included

IMG_3211.jpg

Thanks JH.

Sounds interesting and the location works well for me.

1 minute ago, ChiFlyer said:

Thanks JH.

Sounds interesting and the location works well for me.

unfortunately they are doing heavy construction in front of it right now, changing the entire walkway/road.   still a good place to go on the weekend as its nice with a good band

On 6/9/2017 at 7:16 PM, just hanging said:

my Friends eat the breakfast there all the time, I just eat the Greek yogurt, banana and yougert but I took a pic this morning to show.   180 baht, including the buffet which has coffee on it as well as breads, pastries, cereal, juices, Thai dishes, bagels, fruit and so on, all included

IMG_3211.jpg

Please tell me tell me that isn't a hot dog masquerading as a sausage. 

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

On 6/12/2017 at 0:01 PM, likeaking said:

Please tell me tell me that isn't a hot dog masquerading as a sausage. 

I would guess taht is a hot dog and a piece of shit ham.  My one friend, a cook that has probably cooked for a lot of you already, likes it that way.  The other guys get only crispy bacon which is what I would do

• 1 month later...

Sorry JH. Tried this place for the first time for breakfast a couple of days ago and won't be rushing back.

Service was very slow - both taking the order and cooking the food.

I tried the 'English Breakfast' but what came was missing 2 or 3 things listed on the menu e.g. No tomatoes, no OJ. Given the waitress had great trouble understanding my request for the eggs to be scrambled, I didn't bother addressing this with her.

The bacon (streaky) was rather greasy. There was a proper sausage but, for some reason it had been cut in half before cooking - it was also greasy. I think the mushrooms were tinned. The eggs were good :-) There was help yourself toast (white bread only) and mini croissants - which I didn't try. I couldn't see anything else on the 'buffet' section?IMG_1857.thumb.JPG.9c2fd62cc637d2209c1b36d6390bc455.JPG

I found the help yourself coffee undrinkable. I think it had been sitting in the thermos for some time and, in any case, was the dark, harsh, French blend which I really don't like. This is a quite common problem for me here - I'm a fussy bugger when it comes to coffee.

So, in summary, the whole experience was pretty poor.

20 hours ago, davidge said:

Sorry JH. Tried this place for the first time for breakfast a couple of days ago and won't be rushing back.

So, in summary, the whole experience was pretty poor.

Davidge - thanks for the feedback. I am not a breakfast guy. I usually have a copy of coffee and a little fruit at the condo.

I am interested in this place from a lunch and supper perspective. It sounds like that is better. The location works very well for me as it is near my GF's work place.

btw Davidge - sent you a PM.

2 minutes ago, ChiFlyer said:

Davidge - thanks for the feedback. I am not a breakfast guy. I usually have a copy of coffee and a little fruit at the condo.

I am interested in this place from a lunch and supper perspective. It sounds like that is better. The location works very well for me as it is near my GF's work place.

btw Davidge - sent you a PM.

Maybe they had an off day but there you go. I don't really eat lunch here so can't help you with that. I didn't look at the main menu for dinner either as I just wanted a breakfast.

No PM has reached me. Maybe forum problems again? Inbox isn't full.

1 minute ago, davidge said:

Maybe they had an off day but there you go. I don't really eat lunch here so can't help you with that. I didn't look at the main menu for dinner either as I just wanted a breakfast.

No PM has reached me. Maybe forum problems again? Inbox isn't full.

Sent the PM while you were replying. :)

to clear up some misrepresentations i  took pictures to day. 

America breakfast 180 including buffet

coffee or tea

4 different breads

bagels

pastry

fruit

fruit juices

cereals and yogurt

some great jams and peanut butter

there is a table with Thai soup, noodles, deli meats and hard boiled eggs which I forgot to take a picture of

great deal

IMG_3879.jpg

IMG_3880.JPG

IMG_3881.JPG

IMG_3882.JPG

IMG_3889.jpg

IMG_3883.jpg

IMG_3887.jpg

IMG_3888.jpg

IMG_3890.jpg

I'm guessing I was there too late then. The fruit/juice table wasn't there at all and all the plates on the bread etc table were empty other than sliced white bread and a few croissants.

No tomatoes/potatoes/hash brown etc on my plate either :unsure:

Maybe there's a time when breakfast finishes - though I didn't notice on the menu. Guess I was there about 11.30??

You saw my pic, honestly that's exactly what I was served. Look at the 'English breakfast' on the menu and see what's listed there.

It's perfectly understandable if they only do breakfast to a certain time - but it should be clear that's the case.

2 hours ago, just hanging said:

coffee or tea

4 different breads

bagels

pastry

fruit

fruit juices

cereals and yogurt

some great jams and peanut butter

there is a table with Thai soup, noodles, deli meats and hard boiled eggs which I forgot to take a picture of

great deal

(snip pics)

You won me.....  I have walked past a zillion times and never went in.... I will check it out... Thanks

I will guess, like most places breakfast changeover is about 11 to get ready for lunch.   I have seveal friends order the english breakfast but it sure doesnt look good to me.   To be fair, a thai guy owns it that had a restaurant in Hawaii for 15 years so maybe english breakfast is not the thing to order

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/14/2017 at 8:57 PM, just hanging said:

coffee or tea

Sounds good JH and thanks for the effort. The location works well for me, but I am interested in it more from a Dinner perspective. I am not much of a breakfast guy. I usually have a cup of coffee and a little fruit at the condo before running errands. Sandbar is near where a good lady friend works and I like the description of the al fresca atmosphere. I remember reading that it gets crowded for Dinner during high season. Just curious as to what your impressions are outside of breakfast.

Archived