IGNORED

Naando's Indian Restaurant on 3rd Road

Evil Penevil

Here's the Tuesday special. Amit gave me a taster last night and I loved the combination. A pork vindaloo - first time I've tried that - with a kulcha stuffed and dripping with cheese (similar to a naan bread, but made with maida instead of wheat). Really, really delicious.

IMG_1051.JPG

Thailand Wine And Dine - unbiased food reviews around town ... Pollution Watch Thailand - daily air quality readings, news and info, Pattaya

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's the  best way to a man's heart ???? Well just serve him a biryani. Cooked with aromatic basmati rice a traditional biryani is cooked using rice and meat layers together and giving it a " Dum" a technique in which the biryani pot is covered with wheat dough and topped with heated charcoal while allowing it to cook on low flame which enables the meat and rice to cook gently .

Today's special is a biryani with a twist .consisting of two tandoori chicken legs and basmati rice which is covered with a masala sauce and garnished with deep fried onions and coriander .if you have a big apetite then this thing is just for you .Only for 349 baht it's a must have meal .

IMG_1095.JPG

Thailand Wine And Dine - unbiased food reviews around town ... Pollution Watch Thailand - daily air quality readings, news and info, Pattaya

Hi there.

Of course Naandos is now Balti Towers. 

I see today the special is butter chicken poutine.

Of course I know what butter chicken is and I know what poutine is (Canadian) but had never heard of butter chicken poutine.

Well I looked it up and apparently it's kind of a trend in some places, particularly Montreal.

But there is a problem.

Poutine always has cheese curd as a key ingredient.

For butter chicken poutine people are using different kinds of melted cheese, either traditional cheese curd as in poutine, cheddar, paneer, or mozzarella. You could experiment with different cheeses.

But the item in the special has no cheese at all. 

I think that dish has potential to be a novelty signature menu dish for Balti Towers but please change the recipe to add a cheese element. I won't bother to even try it when it's just fries and butter chicken. 

Good luck. 

I don’t think the guy who runs this thread gives a shit, since he’ll be out in 3 days. 

2 minutes ago, Marcus85 said:

I don’t think the guy who runs this thread gives a shit, since he’ll be out in 3 days. 

Yeah, but maybe the message will be relayed. You never know.

Butter chicken poutine is really a great idea but may as well do it properly. 

3 hours ago, Marcus85 said:

3 hours ago, Kreggerz said:

Yeah, but maybe the message will be relayed. You never know.

Butter chicken poutine is really a great idea but may as well do it properly. 

Well the guy responding to this thread is conscientious so maybe he's still here even if he's shortly to escape the madhouse lol.

Yes it often has cheese and this can be added on request.

That said, I was experimented on last night and it was the best butter chicken I'd had in a long time. Scoffed the lot with a ton of fries in no time

IMG_1139.JPG

5 hours ago, Kreggerz said:

Hi there.

Of course Naandos is now Balti Towers. 

I see today the special is butter chicken poutine.

Of course I know what butter chicken is and I know what poutine is (Canadian) but had never heard of butter chicken poutine.

Well I looked it up and apparently it's kind of a trend in some places, particularly Montreal.

But there is a problem.

Poutine always has cheese curd as a key ingredient.

For butter chicken poutine people are using different kinds of melted cheese, either traditional cheese curd as in poutine, cheddar, paneer, or mozzarella. You could experiment with different cheeses.

But the item in the special has no cheese at all. 

I think that dish has potential to be a novelty signature menu dish for Balti Towers but please change the recipe to add a cheese element. I won't bother to even try it when it's just fries and butter chicken. 

Good luck. 

Thanks Kreggerz. I shall plod on updating with specials for a little longer than 3 days if possible, delighted to help out Amit formerly of CF for a while until the new system takes over. Then I shall be slipping back into blissful retirement and food blogging without the leash, occasionally  :D

Message passed on.

Hi BiteMeBistro,

A quick question before you leave, Can you please advise if "Amit" has changed the samosa recipe. I have eaten a lot of the former Nandos Indian and for the most part all was really good, ....except those samosas, not sure if thats how the're done in Britain, but to me they were like the ones obtained from supermarket freezer sections, not very good at all?

Best of luck with new enterprise or retirement, have really enjoyed Bite Me Bistro.

Cheers

20 minutes ago, tropicaloz said:

Hi BiteMeBistro,

A quick question before you leave, Can you please advise if "Amit" has changed the samosa recipe. I have eaten a lot of the former Nandos Indian and for the most part all was really good, ....except those samosas, not sure if thats how the're done in Britain, but to me they were like the ones obtained from supermarket freezer sections, not very good at all?

Best of luck with new enterprise or retirement, have really enjoyed Bite Me Bistro.

Cheers

I agree. The samosas I had there just were not good. No biggie to me as other stuff there is. Plenty of other places to get samosas. 

On 10/23/2017 at 16:02, tropicaloz said:

Hi BiteMeBistro,

Cheers

On 10/23/2017 at 16:24, Kreggerz said:

I agree. The samosas I had there just were not good. No biggie to me as other stuff there is. Plenty of other places to get samosas. 

No they were home made but to a different recipe, one that apparently needs looking at lol.

Anyway - for a couple of days, up to the 29th in fact, Balti Towers is closed for an extended break during the cremation ceremony period.

Either I, Amit or Simon Peatfield will update the thread in a day or two.

If it’s not me, thanks for the very helpful input Kreggerz over the months in both threads. Time will tell if the restaurants will keep pulling in the right direction in the absence of the Bite gang, but I’m sure Simon has learnt some valuable lessons about the restaurant business these past few months and will sort it all out...

Archived