IGNORED

Is the Thai Marriage visa one year or three months?

psm916

22 hours ago, psm916 said:

I have to leave Thailand to work in Dubai every four weeks. I am on a four week on and four week off rotation. Will I have to apply for a re-entry permit in Dubai every time I come home?

Why would you need a visa just get your airport stamp if its not over 30 days.

29 minutes ago, samlin said:

Why would you need a visa just get your airport stamp if its not over 30 days.

I was doing a similar work schedule in Singapore two years ago and got turned back at the airport. It was explained that I could only have 6 visa on landing stamps in one year. I had to return to Singapore for a visitors visa.

1 minute ago, psm916 said:

I was doing a similar work schedule in Singapore two years ago and got turned back at the airport. It was explained that I could only have 6 visa on landing stamps in one year. I had to return to Singapore for a visitors visa.

I do a 3 week on/off rotation and no ones ever said anything, i have 9 entry stamps for the last year, didn't know there was a limit.

1 minute ago, samlin said:

I do a 3 week on/off rotation and no ones ever said anything, i have 9 entry stamps for the last year, didn't know there was a limit.

I got turned back and then got a visa. Next time thought I'd risk it, got through with a warning. Got two mates who also work offshore, they have been been doing it for years but they both got turned back last year. One mate married his girlfriend of 18 years to get the visa because he was refused entry for the same reasons as me.

On 18/05/2017 at 14:44, bigbird said:

No issue here in Perth. Last week I was granted a 12 month non-im O Visa multiple entry based on marriage with three month stays per entry ...ask nicely and They will do it for you

Actually you don't have to ask nicely at all. All you need to do is meet the criteria and have the correct documents. If you do you will have no issues although they need to get the approval of the embassy in Canberra before one is issued. They are efficient but very particular about the documentation that is required for all visas.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Rotating offshore workers were exactly why the new M.E. tourist visa was incepted (its criteria for application is geared exactly to transiting workers - and not as you might think freewheeling tourists)

Actually you don't have to ask nicely at all. All you need to do is meet the criteria and have the correct documents. If you do you will have no issues although they need to get the approval of the embassy in Bangkok before one is issued. They are efficient but very particular about the documentation that is required for all visas.

Correct it as long as you meet the criteria, however it is not an option on the application form . The approval from Bangkok came through next day and them 5 working days to process the passport

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Correct it as long as you meet the criteria, however it is not an option on the application form . The approval from Bangkok came through next day and them 5 working days to process the passport

The approval is from Canberra rather than Bangkok. I don't know why I wrote Bangkok but I have changed it.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

23 hours ago, Insomniac said:

Have always said going into any Immigration Office is like going into an Asylum knowing the inmates have taken over the place. Not heard of this in 37 years.

16 hours ago, psm916 said:

16 hours ago, samlin said:

It is facts like this that just go to show that there is no conformity between immigration officers in Thailand.  It seems that you just have to take pot luck sometimes.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

53 minutes ago, udontony said:

It is facts like this that just go to show that there is no conformity between immigration officers in Thailand.  It seems that you just have to take pot luck sometimes.

This is so true. After I returned with my visitors visa I popped in to see immigration at Suvanipum airport to ask if I was ok to now use the visa on arrival again when I departed and returned. The most senior officer I spoke to could/would not give me a definitive answer. I was told it depended on the immigration officer who dealt with me on my arrival..........

• 4 months later...

Hi Guys

Quick question for you please.

I am married to a Thai, nearly 11 years now, (house/car etc, all the proper paper work) due to work reasons I might have to stay in Thailand longer. I used to get my married visa from the UK before, a multi entry one. I am in the middle east now and will come straight from there. Once I get my 30 day visa , I believe (from these threads, thank you) I can get a 1 year visa from Jontiem, is that correct?

Easy to do if all my paper work is correct??   I will only be staying for around 3/6 months max , then I will hit the UK and get my normal multi entry visa or got back to work.

Thank you

Archived