IGNORED

salad buffet

3 hours ago, just hanging said:

wooden box

Is it a salad buffet at Wooden Box?

6 minutes ago, SirL said:

No.

They have a large, separate salad menu and you tell the waitress what you want from it. X items included in set price then extras if you want.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Just now, davidge said:

No.

They have a large, separate salad menu and you tell the waitress what you want from it. X items included in set price then extras if you want.

As I thought.  I do prefer buffets where you can actually pick the stuff yourself.  A waitress doing it isn't the same.

I would say that Wooden Box has Custom Made salads. Look at the freshness of the ingredients in the pic.

Wooden Box - Salad.JPG

2 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

I would say that Wooden Box has Custom Made salads. Look at the freshness of the ingredients in the pic.

Wooden Box - Salad.JPG

that is the smallest salad I ever saw there, usually covers the plate.   they grown much of their own by the way

On 7/17/2017 at 14:51, jimboh said:

True, but it actually works well, give it a whirl.............

Staying in Soi 15 in Central Pattaya, I'm more tempted by the Sizzler AYCE salad buffet, or the 25B per 100g salad at Villa Market in The Avenue.

4 hours ago, just hanging said:

that is the smallest salad I ever saw there, usually covers the plate.   they grown much of their own by the way

That is the small salad. I was trying to go light that day. In retrospect it does beg the question as to why I bought the Mango Shake, which is definitely not going light.

I guess I do a lot of stupid shit. :)

On 7/17/2017 at 8:46 PM, SirL said:

No but its a beaver buffet at Toy Box

On 27/04/2017 at 7:04 AM, KittenKong said:

For me Sizzler is the only option for salads. Nothing else even comes close here. I go there once or twice a week for lunch.

+1. Cheap, excellent food and eat all you can. Includes desserts.

On 23/04/2017 at 1:43 PM, LarryDarrell said:

Sizzler?  I don't think it is cheap, however.  Subway might have salad, but it isn't a buffet.

Pretty sure lunch salad buffet at Sizzler was 150 or 175 baht for all you can eat last time I went there.

2 hours ago, kahoy said:

Pretty sure lunch salad buffet at Sizzler was 150 or 175 baht for all you can eat last time I went there.

er....

Current price 199b

11 minutes ago, Saddic said:

er....

Current price 199b

Maybe it was a special or a lunchtime deal. I did think it was 199 too when I was there but we were charged less.

I think different Sizzler branches have different salad bar only prices, but yeah, in the 179-199B area.

19 hours ago, just hanging said:

......  they grown much of their own by the way

I did not realize that. Good info. Thanks.

Pinched a pic of salad display at Wooden Box from someone else:

IMG_7149.JPG.9ebc146beed81305790342beb7a733be.JPG

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Shame you can't actually pick from that salad bar yourself.  That is the whole point of a salad buffet (see thread title) isn't it?

1 hour ago, SirL said:

Shame you can't actually pick from that salad bar yourself.  That is the whole point of a salad buffet (see thread title) isn't it?

you really had to write that.     really

22 minutes ago, just hanging said:

you really had to write that.     really

Well it is a thread about salad buffets isn't it?

On 7/20/2017 at 3:48 PM, SirL said:

Well it is a thread about salad buffets isn't it?

pretty anal dude, just report wooden box posts to the mods, maybe they will take them down

• 1 month later...
On 9/10/2017 at 23:53, just hanging said:

a little fruit for lunch yesterday

Damn guy. That looks great. I am leaving for Thailand tomorrow. I'll drop you a line, after I settle in.

I am guessing one can alter the fruit selection according to personal taste. I am not that big on Dragon Fruit and might want to substitute mango. Hey - are avocados usually available. Seems like the climate is right, but given that it is an Americas fruit, .....

Just now, ChiFlyer said:

Damn guy. That looks great. I am leaving for Thailand tomorrow. I'll drop you a line, after I settle in.

it was

Archived