IGNORED

Wok n Rok

The official thread is still locked so thought I'd let people know that it looks like Ouy is recovered from her accident and the takeaway based in Jomtien is to reopen soon.

Found elsewhere:

Wok N Rok Chinese takeaway will re-open on April 15th at 4pm.

There are many new additions to the menu. A better choice of starters, and a set meal for 2 people now added on. 

To follow the trend of UK takeaways there is a 'spice box' and deep fried Wonton in sweet & sour sauce now on the starters.

Also, mussels in black-bean sauce a new addition.

Please browse the menu.

Wok N Rok is located in Soi Chayapreuk Jomtein. Close to the traffic lights on Chayapreuk/second road.

My old number 092 969 4119 is back in service for the takeaway.

Open 6 days a week (closed Mondays) and 45 Baht delivery through-out Jomtein, Pattaya and Darkside.

On the 15th of April the takeaway opens but I plan to also make a small sit in, air conditioned restaurant in the near future.

There is ample street parking and also a wheelchair ramp for disabled customers. That's the plan! 

Menu attached. We hope you will once again enjoy my Chinese takeaway food. Ouy xx

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

this is great news and please reattach the menu since it has not shown up

and the page on internet shows the old one.   can you eat in the new place in jomtien or just take out?

4 hours ago, just hanging said:

this is great news and please reattach the menu since it has not shown up

and the page on internet shows the old one.   can you eat in the new place in jomtien or just take out?

I hadn't included the menu as photos are still playing up, but I'll try here. From what I understand, they hope to have a small seating area for dine-in but will be takeaway only initially.

IMG_6670.JPGIMG_6671.JPGIMG_6672.JPGIMG_6673.JPG

thanks, will be trying it out.  do you have their current website, the one i see if for the old place

No, sorry. I'm getting info elsewhere - Second/third hand :rolleyes:

I think she's updated their Facebook page if you use it - I don't.

seems the website is updated now.   they are not open for lunch and open at 4 :(  really want the lunch

Thanks as well here davidge. Looks good and is very convenient for a late night supper with a time constrained visitor to one's condo.  

gonna try this Tuesday night as I am staying in.  I will let them spray water to their hearts content on Tuesday afternoon, but then stay in alone and eat Chinese.

On 4/15/2017 at 10:10 PM, just hanging said:

gonna try this Tuesday night as I am staying in.  I will let them spray water to their hearts content on Tuesday afternoon, but then stay in alone and eat Chinese.

so what's the word dude? Food any good IYO?

was closed that night.  oh well, will have to order in a bit early one of these nights before I go out.  ate to much for lunch today to eat dinner :)

5 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

so what's the word dude? Food any good IYO?

I can comment on their food from before.

It's for UK British Chinese tastes which is not the same thing as American Chinese food tastes.

For example, the egg foo young is more like just an omelette. 

The black bean sauce dishes are very, very sweet in what Americans would expect as a more savory dish. I commented on this and was told, that's the way we do it.

15 hours ago, Kreggerz said:

I can comment on their food from before.

It's for UK British Chinese tastes which is not the same thing as American Chinese food tastes.

For example, the egg foo young is more like just an omelette. 

The black bean sauce dishes are very, very sweet in what Americans would expect as a more savory dish. I commented on this and was told, that's the way we do it.

agree about that, I went when they first opened and it was all sugar and looked nothing like the pics advertised, then I was told they are from the internet [they were like american Chinese] and what I got was all sugar and tasteless.   I later on saw pics of their food and they changed it to more my liking, American style, but I never went back.   Will ty it again and hope for the best, I love Chinese food

all the english guys loved it

1 hour ago, just hanging said:

agree about that, I went when they first opened and it was all sugar and looked nothing like the pics advertised, then I was told they are from the internet [they were like american Chinese] and what I got was all sugar and tasteless.   I later on saw pics of their food and they changed it to more my liking, American style, but I never went back.   Will ty it again and hope for the best, I love Chinese food

all the english guys loved it

Thanks for the update. Being an American, I like my Asian food spicy, a little sour, and with just a touch of sweetness. Might give it a try some time anyway, just to see if the Thai GF likes it, but I suspect not. To each his own.

I am hoping it is to my liking, I really love that food and will order often if good.

On 4/12/2017 at 1:21 AM, chookyargyll said:

Here we go again ----- sixth time lucky

I don't have a problem with him or her and I liked the food but I think it would be better to reopen under a different name and BM name as there was a lot of bad press in the past. And i think it will stay with the BM name.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

• 2 months later...

there was a sign in rhompo market, first bar in corner that has wok and rok buffet the 18th, sign still up so maybe start the 18th.  will have to check, that would be great if every night

50 minutes ago, just hanging said:

there was a sign in rhompo market, first bar in corner that has wok and rok buffet the 18th, sign still up so maybe start the 18th.  will have to check, that would be great if every night

Corner bar was the name of the bar having the buffet if I recall correctly from reading on Facebook.

14 minutes ago, thegrogmonster said:

Corner bar was the name of the bar having the buffet if I recall correctly from reading on Facebook.

was it a one of or will continue?  sign is still up for the last week

2 hours ago, just hanging said:

I 'think' it was a one off introduction & the bar is now meant to be offering the Wok n Rok menu as a daily thing - but not a buffet. I don't know if that just means the food is delivered there or if they have it in the freezer or what.

I understand that Wok n Rok isn't offering daily specials at the moment due to 'staffing issues'.

déjà vu ?????

I can never make this place out.

They go from top quality to bottom of the ladder every few weeks.

Can anyone confirm if they are back to their best again?

The affordable, professional, reliable construction company.

https://www.togetherconstructionthailand.com/

2 hours ago, just hanging said:

The way I read it, the buffet was a one off, but The Corner Bar would also be serving Wok n Rok's menu from then on.

Archived