IGNORED

This Is the Best Time to Buy a Plane Ticket

QuotaMan

In May I got KLM Norwich to BBK via AMS for £430 4 days before i flew, its all down to luck  IMHO

OP refers to domestic tickets and seems mechanic doesn't applies for international.
Did a couple of search ( KLM ) and price for the discounted biz class to BKK came out exactly same for a ticket tomorrow, in 2 month and in one year, EUR 1.345,-

5 hours ago, splitpin said:

In May I got KLM Norwich to BBK via AMS for £430 4 days before i flew, its all down to luck  IMHO

And the time of year,try doing that in the high season.not sure luck comes into it.

Japan to BKK by Thai airways... Usually pay between 65000 yen ($585 USD) and 80000 yen ($720 USD) return. 

This time I paid 48000 yen ($430 USD). The cheapest I've ever seen! 

Low cost carriers like Air Asia and Scoot also cover the route but at a higher cost and not direct. It was a no brainer!

I just bought the cheapest ticket ever on EVA from NYC. End of August until the first week in November for $570. Can't wipe the smile off my face.

570 US dollars for NYC - BKK round trip/return??

Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant never taste of death but once.

16 hours ago, adammike said:

And the time of year,try doing that in the high season.not sure luck comes into it.

I felt very lucky to get it that price, even at that time of year

• 2 weeks later...

I'm surprised that flights are still so low priced from what I am checking

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Oct 26 - November 18

DC - Bangkok for $598 on Air China. Paid $75 extra to get a 1 week layover in Beijing on return.

Going the layover in Beijing is only an hour.

Google flights and other search engines use   http://matrix.itasoftware.com to build fares. If you use this you can select different fares codes etc to build your flight.

Archived