Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Coming to LOS for just 2 weeks (from Europe). Worth it?

bertalert

Hey,

I may have the opportunity to visit Thailand but would only be able to stay for about 15 nights in LOS. I was wondering if you find this "efficient" as I have never done this before, in the past i always visited for at least a month. Flight would cost me around 600 EUR. There's this little voice in my head that's saying "don't do it, it's not worth spending so much money for such a short holiday". OTOH I feel i could use some R&R, let loose, drink, party, eat good thai food,  do naughty guy stuff etc... 

(btw I would NOT spend 15 days Pattaya, I think 5 will do, 5 days in BKK and 5 days island time)

Cheers,

Bert

It's always nice to have more days/weeks when traveling to Los. I have been 12 times to Los , once I traveled for only 4 days, spent them in nana !!! I never regretted. of course I wished I could stay longer but.....Those 4 days holiday served me good. I felt I had more energy to go back to work....

Up to you, Sir

Of course it's worth it , I've done a 8 night trip from the uk .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Songkran dates mid April 13 to 16th. Public holidays and drunken water fights. Hold your drink and stand your ground. Be aware of dates....:Party1:

40 minutes ago, matrix123 said:

The shortest Thailand trip I have done is 1 day.

we are talking about traveling to Los from home. you sound like a layover on the way.....

I traveled from Stockholm to BKK and back. for only 3.5 days stay in BKK (long weekend)

1 minute ago, Patts Luver said:

we are talking about traveling to Los from home. you sound like a layover on the way.....

I traveled from Stockholm to BKK and back. for only 4 days stay in BKK (long weekend)

No, not a layover. The flight from HKG to BKK is only two and a half hour. The time I spent on the way to the airport and wait at the airport is more than 2.5 hours. When I was young, I had a Thai girlfriend. I did go to see her just for 1 day! You did crazy things when you were young! :P

I traveled from Stockholm to BKK and back. for only 3.5 days stay in BKK (long weekend)

Can't think of a better place to have a long weekend .
Did you get a good deal on a flight ?

6 hours ago, bertalert said:

Hey,

I may have the opportunity to visit Thailand but would only be able to stay for about 15 nights in LOS. I was wondering if you find this "efficient" as I have never done this before, in the past i always visited for at least a month. Flight would cost me around 600 EUR. There's this little voice in my head that's saying "don't do it, it's not worth spending so much money for such a short holiday". OTOH I feel i could use some R&R, let loose, drink, party, eat good thai food,  do naughty guy stuff etc... 

(btw I would NOT spend 15 days Pattaya, I think 5 will do, 5 days in BKK and 5 days island time)

Cheers,

Bert

I tend do trips of 18 days on the ground when traveling from the UK and that is enough for me. I have done a shitload of trips and the whole Pattaya scene has got a bit old and there are only so many days of Thai bullshit I can put up with at a time. 

Recently I have started doing six day trips but that is traveling from Singapore so it is not the same amount of effort or expense.

I do 2 weeks often but I don't break up the trip into 3 different areas. 1 or two at the most.

If this is the only way, why not? What would you do with that time otherwise?

6 hours ago, stephens07 said:

Of course it's worth it , I've done a 8 night trip from the uk .

And you rocked up on the 16th of october just as it all shut down. Still had a blast

And you rocked up on the 16th of october just as it all shut down. Still had a blast

Wasn't the worst night I've ever had , some how still spent loads tho [emoji23]

in my younger days  I flew just to have 2 nights  in LOS from the UK that's how worth it was...

plane thursday night thai air 21:30 flight in LOS by 15:30 Friday on the piss friday and saturday 

Back on plane sunday night/monday morning 00:30 flight in Heathrow by 7:30 I think at my desk by 9:30 ish 

Been asked "what you get up to this weekend" brought interesting looks LOL 

9 hours ago, bertalert said:

Hey,

Cheers,

Bert

15 days is fine,but i wouldn't split it on 3 locations...

Short holiday? 2 weeks is the typical length for most vacations. It's plenty of time to see Pattaya and a lot more.

12 hours ago, stephens07 said:

Can't think of a better place to have a long weekend .
Did you get a good deal on a flight ?

Not at all. I paid around 650 Ruros

I think two weeks is perfect. Enough to experience a lot but still leaves you hungry for the next trip.  

13th Warrior`s Raid  Relatert bilde

2 weeks is good i think, go hard but enough to take a day off if you need to during the stay

Many guys come from USA and only do one week trips,so two weeks from Europe is luxury compared to them guys!

First trip was a 9 day trip, was a bit short to experience Pattaya to its fullest. But  then I was already back for a 3 week holiday 2 months later.

I told myself the same and planned to visit islands, chang mai, bangkok and pattaya. Ended up staying the entire time in pattaya. Well worth the visit! An experience everyone should have.

Why would 2 weeks from Europe not be enough? 

My past trips from the U.S. averaged 2 weeks and that was plenty enough for me for a two week millionaire vacation. We're talking about a transit time of around 19 hours or so from where I fly out of to Bangkok. There IS such a thing as too much of a good thing.

I've even taken several trips of a week only, and trying to head over for 10 days in a few months. Many of us have other things to deal with like work, finances, etc. We simply can't take one month off and we deal with what we got.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

Archived