Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Early breakfast?

haroldsson

I've always been an early bird, was waking up between 4:30 and 5am.  Are there any breakfast placed that open at 6?  I'd prefer a legit restaurant but can deal with a hotel buffet if it has a good variety.

"From near to far.

From here to there,

Funny things

Are everywhere"

~Dr. Suess

The kitchens don't normally open till 8am.

Robw

I believe the Continental Bakery on Soi Xzyte (diagonal soi between Soi Buakhao and Third Rd) opens at 6 am - or there abouts, depending on whether the staff is on time or not. It's the earliest place I am aware of in Pattaya.

I think the hotel buffet breakfast at Honey Inn, in Soi Honey (Soi 11) opens at 7 am.

There's not a whole lot open early in Pattaya. I usually end up waiting for 9 am to get breakfast, which is much later than I'd prefer.

Continental on Soi Xcyte's listed opening time is 5:00 AM. Probably so other small restaurants can come buy bread and rolls before they open.

Kiss restaurant on 2nd road is open 24hr,although the quality of its breakfast may be negligible,suppose it depends how fussy a person is!

11 minutes ago, vimto66 said:

Kiss restaurant on 2nd road is open 24hr,although the quality of its breakfast may be negligible,suppose it depends how fussy a person is!

Ate there on my first trip in 2010. Have not had any Desire to ever have another meal there. 555 I don't think I'm all that fussy, "Hole in the Wall" on Soi Buakhao was okay, but I found Kiss Food way less than acceptable. Bad food, bad service, uncomfortable seating. What's to like? (Especially with so many other better places to eat in Pattaya)  :-)

4 minutes ago, Garzan said:

Ate there on my first trip in 2010. Have not had any desire to ever have another meal there. 555 I don't think I'm all that fussy, "Hole in the Wall" on Soi Buakhao was okay, but I found Kiss Food way less than acceptable. Bad food, bad service, uncomfortable seating. What's to like? (Especially with so many other better places to eat in Pattaya)  :-)

Not really going to dispute your veiw,but its popular and has been so for years.Personally i`ve tended in the past to go late at night(early morning)for a bite to eat with a BF.

13 hours ago, vimto66 said:

I wouldn't recommend Kiss to anyone.

Robw

South Road becomes "Eating Street" during the night, 11PM to 6AM, in the area nearly opposite Wat Chaimongkron

No problem to find all kind of Thai food there at 5am. (From 5:30 many are closing)

I've always been an early bird, was waking up between 4:30 and 5am.  Are there any breakfast placed that open at 6?  I'd prefer a legit restaurant but can deal with a hotel buffet if it has a good variety.

The New York Dinner at iBar is open until 7am.

The Avani(formerly Marriott) on 2nd road has a great buffet breakfast. I think it starts at 6am. American style with Thai and Indian dishes also Chinese and Japanese options that rotate daily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, swm61230 said:

I think this is an option for late sleepers rather than early birds.

There's only one state I want to be in if I'm venturing down WS at 6am!

You should try foodland (supermarket, restaurant and bakery) on Central Pattaya Road. Open 24 Hour, the food is ok and they have also a nice bakery insight.

Not really going to dispute your veiw,but its popular and has been so for years.Personally i`ve tended in the past to go late at night(early morning)for a bite to eat with a BF.

No worries, if it works for you, then great. And I don't dispute that it has a lot of customers, but I will not be one of them. My own opinion remains that there are too many good choices to waste time putting up with Kiss Food. :-)

compare to the alternatives in pattaya kiss food is horrible, but its nice to watch people...

Kiss is ok. I wouldn't get the farang food but the seafood salad is decent as well as the tom kha gai.

I had a decent whole fish with lemon and garlic. Not quite bfast but it was good.

Besides, the girls seem to love the place.

Lee's Diner up Diana I think is open. Pizza is ok there but everything else is really chef dependant.

The Avani(formerly Marriott) on 2nd road has a great buffet breakfast. I think it starts at 6am. American style with Thai and Indian dishes also Chinese and Japanese options that rotate daily.

The buffet sounds great especially Indian food for breakfast. How much is it can you remember?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I can't. Its always been part of my room rate or a free benefit when it was a Marriott.

Mind you it is only 3-4 dishes that they have that are Indian. Oh and they have a great noodle setup too.

And when I start my stay on the 9th I will have breakfast for two included everyday.

It's inevitable that Kiss food will get a mention on recommended restaurant threads.

I'm surprised no one's mentioned the very obvious, McDonalds

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

34 minutes ago, QuotaMan said:

I'm surprised no one's mentioned the very obvious, McDonalds

How is that obvious? I would rather eat at Kiss than at a McDo, and Kiss is not really good...:unsure:

• 1 month later...

Went into a place on LK Metro for breakfast which advertised open 24 hours at 6 am because I had to leave for an early flight.  Asked for breakfast menu and was told that there was no food until after 7am!  Asked about why 24 hours was advertised, she said the 24 hours starts at 7 am!!!  Really could not argue with logic like that.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

• 3 weeks later...

You might have to ask some locals about breakfast before 5am. Usually 5am is when many breakfast places start serving.

• 4 months later...

There is a huge sports bar in the corner of LK Metro (can't remember the name). Last year, when my Cubs were in the World Series and the games started around 7 am, I ate breakfast there as I watched the ball games. I don't know the exact time breakfast starts, but you could check it out.

Archived