IGNORED

The Areca Lodge

pete120456

Does this hotel have a side entrance so to sneak in your BF late at night or do you have to use the main/front lobby entrance.

Thanks in advance. 

Just curious but isn't Areca girl friendly?

If so why sneak them in? I thought leaving ID at the desk was for our protection, in regards to theft, underage etcw

I believe it is possible if you are not in the Evergreen wing certainly in the Corona wing which is the centre of the 3 buildings. But why it is for your safety. Nice hotel good location IMO but raining as I type !

I have stayed there twice, in January 2016 and in July 2016, each time for about five days.

Girl friendly, no visitor fee. hotel does take ID card and returns it to the girl as she leaves.

My room rate included breakfast for two; many other mongers were in the dining room feeding their overnight girl. 

29 minutes ago, Bonkabit said:

I have stayed there twice, in January 2016 and in July 2016, each time for about five days.

Girl friendly, no visitor fee. Hotel does take ID card and returns it to the girl as she leaves.

My room rate included breakfast for two; many other mongers were in the dining room feeding their overnight girl. 

And the same this morning, breakfast is from 0630-0930 in the Areca Building 0630-1030 Evergreen Building you can use either one, Evergreen is air conditioned.

No need to sneak a girl in, they won't bat an eyelid about your barfine so don't worry about it.

In fact you probably risk getting kicked out if they discover you are bypassing security.

Also, be aware Areca charges 500B if you take a 2nd guest to room but don't let that put you off it's a good, well-managed hotel.

Next trip Aug 31-Sep13, theme: try more freelancers, get dirty! Note to self: TAKE MORE PHOTOS!!!

4 hours ago, par47 said:

No need to sneak a girl in...Areca charges 500B if you take a 2nd guest to room

So apparently there is a reason to do so.  Why do they care if it's one or two girls?  I could see making a fuss over something truly absurd like four girls visiting one customer, but two?  In Pattaya of all places?  I'd be less annoyed at paying an additional fee for extra towels or whatever they're so worried about if they were willing to provide a discount every time their cheap charlie internet connection stuttered into oblivion.

There are two ways to sneak in to the Areca. See attached. #2 is the easiest when it is not guarded.

Screenshot (7)_LI.jpg

Based off reviews and PM's, I believe you can get in thru the carpark? As long as you aren't in the new Evergreen wing.

If you are facing the main entrance from Soi Diana, you can walk via the parking lot (to your left). This will bypass the main entrance and take you directly between the Areca Building and Corona Building.

//

On 3/26/2017 at 8:25 PM, Shaggydog67 said:

Just curious but isn't Areca girl friendly?

If so why sneak them in?

Last month my buddy was staying in Areca and said its 500b joiner fee for any girl.  I always assumed it was girl friendly based on its great reviews here, which makes me wonder why PA members love it so much.  Thats like having a hot girlfriend that will never fuck you!

I've never paid a joiner for any single girl, and I've also had a couple of 3 ways where I've just walked the second girl past security as if it was my first.

never taken 2 girls past security at same time though.

i left one at the 7/11 around back while I took first up to room, then went and back to collect.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

I quit this hotel. Can't get over not having hot water at the sink.

I know, I know, 1st world problems.

Never had any joiner fees but they always took the ID.

On 03/04/2017 at 6:30 AM, Hotlanta said:

Last month my buddy was staying in Areca and said its 500b joiner fee for any girl.  I always assumed it was girl friendly based on its great reviews here, which makes me wonder why PA members love it so much.  Thats like having a hot girlfriend that will never fuck you!

Staying there now, I haven't been charged for bringing girls back, nor any other time that I've stayed there!

• 3 months later...

Is the evergreen building the shitty one of the three?

I just booked their super deluxe 40 square meter thinking it would be nice. Room is a little old but good.

But the shower head cannot be moved. Its a tiny bathtub with a showerhead fixated in the wall. I am not super fat at 88kg  but this is so small and uncomfortable. I cannot clean my important areas with a direct stream of water. Maybe if i used the bum gun it would be more comfortable....

Such great reviews on the net and here. You dont see this complaint anywhere.

31 minutes ago, Raisti699 said:

Is the evergreen building the shitty one of the three?

I just booked their super deluxe 40 square meter thinking it would be nice. Room is a little old but good.

But the shower head cannot be moved. Its a tiny bathtub with a showerhead fixated in the wall. I am not super fat at 88kg  but this is so small and uncomfortable. I cannot clean my important areas with a direct stream of water. Maybe if i used the bum gun it would be more comfortable....

Such great reviews on the net and here. You dont see this complaint anywhere.

Evergreen is the newest & supposed to be the best all rooms have shower over the bath as far as I know. got to say I never had a problem with the shower and I am over 100 kg would be nice to have a separate shower cubicle. I just book the Deluxe rooms which are in the older wings.

On 4/5/2017 at 9:30 PM, counterpointing said:

I quit this hotel. Can't get over not having hot water at the sink.

I know, I know, 1st world problems.

Never had any joiner fees but they always took the ID.

Which room were you staying in?

I booked a Super Deluxe room in the Evergreen wing, would be annoying to not have hot water at the sink!

15 minutes ago, moustache said:

I booked a Super Deluxe room in the Evergreen wing, would be annoying to not have hot water at the sink!

I believe Super Deluxe in the Evergreen have a hot water tap must admit thought it would be a problem in the deluxe rooms but no problem it's mot exactly cold as we know in Northern Europe, :D 

1 hour ago, moustache said:

I doubt very much that Areca Lodge does not have hot water.

8 minutes ago, weblo said:

I doubt very much that Areca lodge does not have hot water.

There is hot water for the bath & shower but the sink in the standard & deluxe rooms in the Corona wing (middle building) only have a cold water tap I think it is the same for the Areca wing.

1 hour ago, mbamber said:

There is hot water for the bath & shower but the sink in the standard & deluxe rooms in the Corona wing (middle building) only have a cold water tap I think it is the same for the Areca wing.

Perhaps, but I have stayed in both corona and Areca wings and didnt notice this.

maybe I didn't run the water long enough while washing my hands .

are you talking in the bathroom or another sink in the living area?

8 minutes ago, weblo said:

Perhaps, but I have stayed in both corona and Areca wings and didnt notice this.

maybe I didn't run the water long enough while washing my hands .

are you talking in the bathroom or another sink in the living area?

Bathroom sink, as I say the mains water is not that cold in Thailand so it is not a problem but there is only one tap.:D

Not-that-cold water isn't hot enough for me to shave comfortably. Plan B, I'd shave my moustache in the shower.

I happen to be a plumber, perhaps the single lever tap wasn't turned fully in the hot position.  As I say, never had this problem.cany imagine any reputable hotel without hot water in the bathroom. Wouldn't pass occupancy in the west.

yes I know this is Thailand.

Archived