Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

The Areca Lodge

pete120456

10 hours ago, weblo said:

I happen to be a plumber, perhaps the single lever tap wasn't turned fully in the hot position.  As I say, never had this problem.cany imagine any reputable hotel without hot water in the bathroom. Wouldn't pass occupancy in the west.

yes I know this is Thailand.

Standard screw lift tap not a Mixer tap.

Stayed in the Evergreen part on the last visit.  It's more like a seperate hotel at the back, rather than part of the main Areca Lodge.  i.e. they have their own reception, own checkin etc.  No problem with bringing back girls, they even told me when I checked in about leaving girls IDs at the reception etc.  Never got charger for taking back any, but never tried taking more than one at a time.   The rooms are fine, but my personal experience is that Areca Lodge as a whole is a bit overpriced.

12 hours ago, mbamber said:

Standard screw lift tap not a Mixer tap.

Had to check this from their pictures, because I would never think that even slightly modern 4 star hotel would have those stone age screw tabs (especially without hot water...)... I was wrong. 

:Flying:4th trip - "The Afterwork" is finally happening in May :Cheers9:

On 7/31/2017 at 4:23 PM, mrman348 said:

Stayed in the Evergreen part on the last visit.  It's more like a seperate hotel at the back, rather than part of the main Areca Lodge.  i.e. they have their own reception, own checkin etc.  No problem with bringing back girls, they even told me when I checked in about leaving girls IDs at the reception etc.  Never got charger for taking back any, but never tried taking more than one at a time.   The rooms are fine, but my personal experience is that Areca Lodge as a whole is a bit overpriced.

Thanks for the information. Talking about this hotel being a bit overpriced with which Pattaya hotel are you comparing?

32 minutes ago, moustache said:

Thanks for the information. Talking about this hotel being a bit overpriced with which Pattaya hotel are you comparing?

They have a loyalty card cost 890 baht a year gives you 15% discount on food & non alcoholic drinks and about 300 baht a night discount on the room if you book direct, all you have to do is email them direct and tell them the dates & you want to join and pay when you get there I stayed twice in the last year total about 50 days but worth it for 4 days or more. These are current I have booked for Nov/Dec this year and they are the same as last year.      [email protected]

Warm Greetings from Areca Lodge hotel, Pattaya

Thank you very much for your interest in our hotel again. We are pleased to offer you the room rate for ACE CLUB member from 1 November 2016 – 31 October 2017 as details follow:

Room Categories

hotel Wing

Room Information & Room Rate

1 Nov 16 – 19 Dec 16

20 Dec 16 – 15 Jan 17

16 Jan 17- 28 Feb 17

1 Mar 17 – 31 Oct 17

Bed Type

Standard Room

Areca & Corona Wing

THB 1,900

THB 2,200

THB 1,900

THB 1,620

1 Double or Twin

Deluxe Room

Areca & Corona Wing

THB 2,000

THB 2,300

THB 2,000

THB 1,720

1 Double or Twin

Superior Room

Evergreen Wing

THB 2,100

THB 2,400

THB 2,100

THB 1,800

1 King Sized Bed

Super Deluxe Room

Evergreen Wing

THB 2,200

THB 2,500

THB 2,200

THB 1,920

1 King Sized Bed

Executive Room

Areca Wing

THB 2,650

THB 2,950

THB 2,650

THB 2,350

1 King Sized Bed

Luxury Room

Evergreen Wing

THB 3,200

THB 3,500

THB 3,200

THB 2,920

1 King Sized Bed & 1 Single Bed

Patio Suite

Evergreen Wing

THB 5,400

THB 5,900

THB 5,400

THB 4,900

1 King Sized Bed & 1 Queen Sized Bed

Yes I know this Mbamber, I actually booked that way — contacting them directly and getting the loyalty card. 

I'm not saying Areca is overpriced, on the contrary I was just wondering why mrman348 thought it was overpriced.

In Pattaya I booked Areca, 247 hotel and VT6 by Honeys and out of the 3, Areca is the cheapest so far.

Had to check this from their pictures, because I would never think that even slightly modern 4 star hotel would have those stone age screw tabs (especially without hot water...)... I was wrong. 

The 2 oldest buildings; Areca and Corona have only cold water at their sinks, but Evergreen (Super Deluxe rooms) has both hot and cold.

And they seem to have an almost endless supply of hot water. I've spent over 300 days there, and I've never run out of hot water, and there's always plenty of pressure.

Great plumbing, but I agree with the other posters that it would be nice to have a separate shower rather than their setup of a shower head over the tub.

1 hour ago, moustache said:

Yes I know this Mbamber, I actually booked that way — contacting them directly and getting the loyalty card. 

I'm not saying Areca is overpriced, on the contrary I was just wondering why mrman348 thought it was overpriced.

In Pattaya I booked Areca, 247 Hotel and VT6 by Honeys and out of the 3, Areca is the cheapest so far.

Looking at other hotels I do not think it is overpriced clean well maintained great pools which is what I like to do during the day. And friendly. :D

On 01/08/2017 at 10:31 PM, moustache said:

I personally prefer any of the LK chain of hotels (LK Metropole, LK The Empress). They are about the same price but to me at least seem nicer. 

Areca does have two nice pools, but I never used them as was too busy doing other things.

Also lots of cheaper options like Flipper Lodge (great location).

If you want to use all the facilities of Areca like the pools daily, then its ok. But if you just want a nice room to bring girls back to, and not worried about what other facilites the hotel has, then there are lots more cheaper.   Personal preference I guess.  Just for me on future visits, Areca would not be one of my first choices any more.

4 minutes ago, mrman348 said:

I personally prefer any of the LK chain of hotels (LK Metropole, LK The Empress). They are about the same price but to me at least seem nicer. 

Areca does have two nice pools, but I never used them as was too busy doing other things.

Also lots of cheaper options like Flipper Lodge (great location).

If you want to use all the facilities of Areca like the pools daily, then its ok. But if you just want a nice room to bring girls back to, and not worried about what other facilites the hotel has, then there are lots more cheaper.   Personal preference I guess.  Just for me on future visits, Areca would not be one of my first choices any more.

Absolutely agree with what you have said.

If you want to get up early and have breakfast everyday and laze by the pool, drinking all day then Areca will do fine, but there are more cheaper options out there as I have found, that are in the area.

I personally never had the breakfast, used the pool or gym. I got the deluxe room which just meant I had a view of the pool, and it's uncomfortable for me rolling out at midday in your boxers for a smoke and having 20 falangs look up at you from the main pool.

Next trip I am planning to go for a month so I am looking around on air bnb atm and I can see I should be able to get something at half the Areca price, a lot of them don't have daily room clean though.

I think the worst day at Areca I had was that my girl and I got up at 11am and then headed out by 12 and my girl said to the cleaner, room ready to clean now.

We went out for about 3 hrs and came back and room still wasn't clean, 10 mins later there was a knock on the door. I clean loom now? she said.

That's the point where my girl learned "For fucks sake mate!"

It's a great hotel, but I wouldn't stay there again unless it was for like a week or so.

We've stayed there several times over the last 5 years or so and it seems that the guest fee policy is related to the size of the room.

As a couple, we were usually charged B500 for each girl because that would have been the 3rd or 4th person staying in the room but when we were staying in a family room then ISTR that the occupancy is stated as 3, so we only paid for the second girl who was then the 4th person.

Make sense?

I checked in at Evergreen wing yesterday and can confirm there is hot tap water in the bathroom.

Super Deluxe rooms are fine and actually bigger than I thought. The shower could be better but it's ok. The room is really quiet at night, which seems to be pretty rare in Pattaya. 

I have stayed twice in the Evergreen Wing at the Areca.

There is no charge to bring in one TG/BG; the girl leaves her ID card at reception for security reasons.

If you bring in a second girl - you intend a threesome perhaps - there is a charge for the second girl; as I remember it is 500 bahts.

Breakfast is a good buffet, many mongers with girls.

8 hours ago, Bonkabit said:

I have stayed twice in the Evergreen Wing at the Areca.

There is no charge to bring in one TG/BG; the girl leaves her ID card at reception for security reasons.

If you bring in a second girl - you intend a threesome perhaps - there is a charge for the second girl; as I remember it is 500 bahts.

Breakfast is a good buffet, many mongers with girls.

Strange, I was there last week and everyday I had breakfast all around me were families, rarely saw any other mongers. I must have come to breakfast at the wrong hours ! This hotel has too many family vacation, next time I will probably choose a different hotel.

20 minutes ago, h.harris said:

Strange, I was there last week and everyday I had breakfast all around me were families, rarely saw any other mongers. I must have come to breakfast at the wrong hours ! This hotel has too many family vacation, next time I will probably choose a different hotel.

Stayed Nov & March some couples very few families. Nice hotel for families but not a good Location for them. 

5 minutes ago, mbamber said:

Stayed Nov & March some couples very few families. Nice hotel for families but not a good Location for them. 

Yeah, it is probably because November & March are during school year, so less family travels. I was there last week, begin of August still in summer month, everywhere I looked in this hotel, there were families with kids.

Agrees, not a good location for family vacation, wondering why so many families there.

2 minutes ago, h.harris said:

Yeah, it is probably because November & March are during school year, so less family travels. I was there last week, begin of August still in summer month, everywhere I looked in this hotel, there were families with kids.

Agrees, not a good location for family vacation, wondering why so many families there.

So many great places in the world for families including in Thailand with clean Beaches & sea.

• 5 months later...

I am Asian and do not appreciate Areca Lodge well. The hotel is quite old and the staffs prefer westerners to oriental. I stayed at the Evergreen Building. And all the superior rooms were very noisy because they were connecting rooms. The staff are indifferent whether I come or not. Rather it may be good.

Archived