IGNORED

Bayern 5, Gunners 1, nearly had an orgasm

Mick Pattaya

In Spain they give out yellow cards for things that aren't considered fouls in the EPL, in England you almost need to break bones before you get booked.

PSG plays one great game and its now "the best club in the world" lol, Ligue1 is light years behind the EPL.

When was the last time a French club won the Champions League? English clubs won it 12 times, the French only once! 

PSG has been more consistently good in UCL than any team in EPL over the last 5 years.  Would they dominate EPL?  Of course not, but they certainly would be competing for title.   Same can be said for Dortmund, Sevilla, Juventus and Atletico.

Bayern, Real and Barca would own EPL.

You obviously don't understand the difference between knock-out games and a 38 game competition.

Put Sevilla in the EPL next year guaranteed they won't finish higher than 7th, the Southern European clubs might have nice technique and a great 14 player squad but the top 6 English clubs have a deeper bench and are superior in strenght/energy especially in the long run.

LOL...you just keep making your hole bigger Magic........guess how many games La Liga play? Yep, you guessed it...38

LOL...you just keep making your hole bigger Magic........guess how many games La Liga play? Yep, you guessed it...38

The EPL only have 1 club (Burnley) with a market value BELOW 80 million euro, La Liga have 11 (more than half of the competition)!

The EPL have 11 clubs with a market value ABOVE 190 million euro, La Liga only have 4!

The EPL only have 1 club (Burnley) with a market value BELOW 80 million euro, La Liga have 11 (more than half of the competition)!

The EPL have 11 clubs with a market value ABOVE 190 million euro, La Liga only have 4!

Money ain't everything.  La Liga has almost exclusive rights to all the young Spanish players, which along with Germany and France has the best young talent in Europe.  More importantly, the best young talent in the world is in South America and guess which league they generally go to.  It ain't the EPL.   They've learned to do more with less.  

Also, when was the last time a great young coach was birthed in the FA?  Hopefully Eddie Howe keeps getting better but the rest of your managers never noticed the great football played in Hungary then Netherlands then Spain.  You lost a generation with sticking with your antiquated long ball.  So please do continue your masterbatory fantasies of Stoke on a cold rainy night.  

Money ain't everything.  La Liga has almost exclusive rights to all the young Spanish players, which along with Germany and France has the best young talent in Europe.  More importantly, the best young talent in the world is in South America and guess which league they generally go to.  It ain't the EPL.   They've learned to do more with less.  

Also, when was the last time a great young coach was birthed in the FA?  Hopefully Eddie Howe keeps getting better but the rest of your managers never noticed the great football played in Hungary then Netherlands then Spain.  

You lost a generation with sticking with your antiquated long ball.  So please do continue your masterbatory fantasies of Stoke on a cold rainy night.  

The reason why most young South American talents go to Spain instead of England is because they are more familiar with the culture, climate, language and many are just not physically strong enough for the EPL.

The coach is only a small piece of football, the players are a lot more important.

I'm from the Netherlands, not England.

I never claimed English clubs play prettier football but they do play more effective and are stronger in a competition where Spanish clubs do better in knock-out games.

In a sprint many Spanish clubs are better but in a marathon most Spanish clubs don't stand a chance against English teams.

In Spain they give out yellow cards for things that aren't considered fouls in the EPL, in England you almost need to break bones before you get booked.

This is another myth Magic.....certainly true 15 years ago but certainly not now. Zlatan only recently complained about how crazy the supposed fouls bookings are in the EPL..........his exact words were "I thought English football was supposed to be more physical"

Surprised someone from the Netherlands has your opinions.given you have produced some of the best players and coaches in the history of football........Barca even accord Cruyff with being the mastermind behind the tiki-taka game.

This is another myth Magic.....certainly true 15 years ago but certainly not now. Zlatan only recently complained about how crazy the supposed fouls bookings are in the EPL..........his exact words were "I thought English football was supposed to be more physical"

Surprised someone from the Netherlands has your opinions.given you have produced some of the best players and coaches in the history of football........Barca even accord Cruyff with being the mastermind behind the tiki-taka game.

Ibrahimovic is a 195 cm Swede who does kickboxing in his free time, not a 170 cm Spaniard. If Ibrahimovic made the rules there would only be yellow cards when the bones stick out of the body.

Barcelona and Real Madrid are not the standard of the La Liga.

Barcelona and Real Madrid are better than anything the Premier League has to offer but if you compare the rest of the 18 teams the EPL wins hands down!

Barcelona and Real Madrid are better than anything the Premier League has to offer but if you compare the rest of the 18 teams the EPL wins hands down!

Let's see then, how many times in the past 5 years have English teams won any games against Spanish teams? 

Sevilla last year finished in the 7th position in La Liga btw. They won easily against Liverpool tomorrow and they get to play against the English champions tomorrow (my prediction is that Leicester will get an away win tomorrow though!). 

The reason why most young South American talents go to Spain instead of England is because they are more familiar with the culture, climate, language and many are just not physically strong enough for the EPL

Actually this is part of the problem in English football. 

Scouts and coaches in England used to focus on players that were strong and big, ignoring talented players. If Messi was born in England he would have been a Sunday league footballer.

I know it's pretty baby, but I didn't take it out for air.

The reason why most young South American talents go to Spain instead of England is because they are more familiar with the culture, climate, language and many are just not physically strong enough for the EPL.

So players like Sterling, Silva, Aguero, Hazard, Pedro, Mata, Coutinho, Shaqiri, Sanchez are just such failures in the EPL.    King of the midgets:  Messi 16 goals in 25 games against English teams.  

I don't see how you can justify that statement.  In general, who cares about the bottom table teams of any leagues.  Impossible to compare them objectively as they never play any teams from another league.  The only way to compare different leagues is to compare their performances of their top 3-4 teams in UCL and the 4-6 level teams in Europa.  We know how that has played out the last 10 years.  

Just get over it.  There is nothing inherently superior about the EPL other than their marketing.  But, the style of play is improving, the coaching is getting better.  As soon as they consistently get youngsters directly from South America they can get back on top.

Give it a rest Magic...you are getting slaughtered at every turn.

Give it a rest Magic...you are getting slaughtered at every turn.

You must have very thin skin if you call this "slaughtered".

The ratings on tv and merchandise sold speak for themselves.

The only continent where the La Liga is more popular than the EPL is South America.

People in Africa and Asia are even walking around with shirts of English clubs outside the Top 6... Everton, West Ham, Leicester etc.., good luck finding people outside Spain wearing shirts from Spanish clubs besides Barcelona, Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid.

You must have very thin skin if you call this "slaughtered".

The ratings on tv and merchandise sold speak for themselves.

The only continent where the La Liga is more popular than the EPL is South America.

People in Africa and Asia are even walking around with shirts of English clubs outside the Top 6... Everton, West Ham, Leicester etc.., good luck finding people outside Spain wearing shirts from Spanish clubs besides Barcelona, Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid

A previous poster  explained the reason for that..........Marketing with a capital M.

You have a stubborn streak Magic I will give you that but NOT ONE thing you have said in all the rest of your posts has held up.

You will hear no more from me, feel free to continue with your deluded mutterings.

It's refreshing to see that many Brits in this topic acknowledge that there are other teams in Europe besides the teams in the EPL.

Yes, you can name easily 10 teams in Europe that can compete for the title in the EPL.

Yes, you can name easily 10 teams in Europe that can compete for the title in the EPL.

Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern, Juventus... That's it! 

• 2 weeks later...

:Whistle:

I love Arsen*l fan TV - hours of moaning and arguments

Give Wenger a new 10 year contract and that channel will go into overdrive :)

It's refreshing to see that many Brits in this topic acknowledge that there are other teams in Europe besides the teams in the EPL.

I would argue Madrid, Barca, Munich and Juventus could challenge for the title.

These teams can beat the EPL's best in a European competition but over a 38 game season, 2 domestic cups, European footy, pre-season tour to America and no winter break - it would be a massive test.

I believe the biggest hurdle would be no winter break as its a cluture shock and offers no recovery time for squads who are used to Christmas breaks in a warm country. Over Christmas its not unusal to play 4 matches over 9 or 10 days.

So players like Sterling, Silva, Aguero, Hazard, Pedro, Mata, Coutinho, Shaqiri, Sanchez are just such failures in the EPL.    King of the midgets:  Messi 16 goals in 25 games against English teams.  

I don't see how you can justify that statement.  In general, who cares about the bottom table teams of any leagues.  Impossible to compare them objectively as they never play any teams from another league.  The only way to compare different leagues is to compare their performances of their top 3-4 teams in UCL and the 4-6 level teams in Europa.  We know how that has played out the last 10 years.  

Just get over it.  There is nothing inherently superior about the EPL other than their marketing.  But, the style of play is improving, the coaching is getting better.  As soon as they consistently get youngsters directly from South America they can get back on top.

I agree with you - the EPL is a fantastic marketing machine who have captured a successful global following.  However, Man Utd and Liverpool were global brands before the EPL was formed - I believe the global marketing success was build on these clubs.

Over the last year I have watched less Premier League as the hype does not reflect the overall lack of quality against the global greats e.g. Byern etc.

Football runs in cycles and between 1995-2005 EPL teams were very successful in the Champions League but now its mainly Spanish teams - but this will probably change in the next few years as Madrid & Barca will spend almost 1bn Euros on stadium development. 

Over the next 5 years I can see Man City and Chelsea really challenge for the European cup on a regular basis.

Its unfair to judge EPL teams in the Europa League as some teams fail to take it seriously - mainly because there is more £££ in domestic league places. Most English fans look down on this competition and this is reflected with some teams playing reserve players. At Spurs they have given away tickets to school children - this would never happen in an EPL match.  I have not watched a Europa League (apart from a final) for several years.

Football runs in cycles and between 1995-2005 EPL teams were very successful in the Champions League but now its mainly Spanish teams - but this will probably change in the next few years as Madrid & Barca will spend almost 1bn Euros on stadium development. 

Over the next 5 years I can see Man City and Chelsea really challenge for the European cup on a regular basis.

Between 1995 and 2005 EPL teams won the Champions League twice. Real Madrid won it 3 times during the same period. Just saying. 

In the next couple of years Real Madrid will see Ronaldo retiring (going to China is pretty much the same as retiring) and in Barcelona Messi and Suarez won't be getting any younger. Replacing them will be hard, but these teams are well known for splashing the cash. English clubs will get on the spotlight for a couple of years, but it won't last for long. 

I know it's pretty baby, but I didn't take it out for air.

Archived