IGNORED

Eye exam/New glasses

typhoon42

Greetings,

Recently lost my glasses and was wondering if anyone can recommend a good shop where I can get a new exam with Rx and order new glasses.

I would need progressive bi focal for reading and distance.

Currently in Pattaya.

Thanks for any recommendations.

Euro Optic on 2nd Rd.

post-19691-0-45458800-1388888733.jpg

Had four pairs of glasses made here over 4 trips and very reasonable prices. The lady is very nice and speaks great English and can usually turn the glasses around in 3 days.

euro optics they sell frames that are 2000 baht where most others sell frames for 5-6000 baht

any holes a goal

Greetings,

Recently lost my glasses and was wondering if anyone can recommend a good shop where I can get a new exam with Rx and order new glasses.

I would need progressive bi focal for reading and distance.

Currently in Pattaya.

Thanks for any recommendations.

go to Bangkok pattaya hospital, "super sight"  In one day you will never need glasses again and will have 20-20 or better vision.   Best thing I ever did, was fun to throw away my glasses when I am 69

my eye with yellowed cataract removed, and a new clear implant installed, can see close and far with these lenses

left eye.JPG

go to Bangkok pattaya hospital, "super sight"  In one day you will never need glasses again and will have 20-20 or better vision.   Best thing I ever did, was fun to throw away my glasses when I am 69

my eye with yellowed cataract removed, and a new clear implant installed, can see close and far with these lenses

attachicon.gifleft eye.JPG

Out of curiosity, how much did this cost and what was the recover time?

If you want a better experience with your "date"... read, learn, live the following:

https://forum.pattaya-addicts.com/topic/22263-vetting-bar-girls-and-how-to-pass-their-own-vett

Out of curiosity, how much did this cost and what was the recover time?

about 100K each eye including implant.   Implants are completely self focus and you can read and see all the way to distance clearly.  All my colors changed too since I now longer had the yellow in my real lens.    Implants are expensive but included

for the most part you can see perfect right away, but you must rest with an eye covering the first night and then be careful for  a week or two.   You cannot fly for 5 days after.  I know a lot of guys, including myself that did it, great

Their website says "with a success rate approaching 100%". What happens to your eyesight if you're in the very small % where the procedure isn't succesful?

I have recommended several people to Mr Jacks - his wife has an Opticians within the shop

Wide selection of frames and very reasonable prices

Ready within 48 hours

Or if you have your own frames they can use them

Their website says "with a success rate approaching 100%". What happens to your eyesight if you're in the very small % where the procedure isn't succesful?

I've met 2 peoples whose eyes were irrecoverably damaged with this these ops. Apparently a low % error rate, but does happen. Maybe doing one at a time would mitigate the risk.

Well I bit the bullet today and went to Euro Optic.

Got the dual Rx, reading and distance, progressive lenses.

$600.00 plus for the best lenses.

A bit more expensive than I pay on base as a military retiree in the USA.

Oh well, gotta have them.

Well I bit the bullet today and went to Euro Optic.

Got the dual Rx, reading and distance, progressive lenses.

$600.00 plus for the best lenses.

A bit more expensive than I pay on base as a military retiree in the USA.

Oh well, gotta have them.

US$600?  Damn, that's about what I pay now in the US with insurance.  Proves once again that not everything is cheaper in LOS...

If you want a better experience with your "date"... read, learn, live the following:

https://forum.pattaya-addicts.com/topic/22263-vetting-bar-girls-and-how-to-pass-their-own-vett

i got my progressive lens glasses from euro optics about 9 months ag .

i got the light photo sensitive lenes[changes darker or lighter in sunlight]

glasses and frames cost 10000baht and an extra 2000 for the light sensitive bit

total 12000 baht very satisfied with them can see for miles and read book easily[no more reading glasses]

any holes a goal

Where is Mr. Jacks?

" I have recommended several people to Mr Jacks -"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I had my cateracts done in BKK-Pattaya about three years ago.

What I wasn't told by the surgeon who talked about what type of lens, was that the variable focal lens cuts down on the amount of light reaching your retina. So now at low light levels, it is very hard for me to read, I often need to take a torch to a restaurant to read the menu. If I could make this decision again with benefit of hindsight, I would choose for single focus lenses, one eye far,one eye close. OR both eyes far, and put up with still needing to use reading glasses, which I now need anyway. But I would have kept full brightness, instead of reduced  to 20%

I also wasn't told that one of the possible consequences of cateract surgery and follow up laser adjustment of your lens, raises the risk of further complications down the track, especially the risk of retinal detachment. That is what happened to me about a year after my eye operations, and I was blind in one eye for a while, and needed an expensive operation to fix that, putting me more or less out of action for a few months.

Although I was told that this retinal attachment is rare and unlikely to occur in the second eye, over the past six month, a similar detachment started in my other eye. Fortunately, I went for a regular check up, and it was discovered before it got too bad and fixed by simple laser surgery.

As a side note, I am a photographer, and my eyesight is a very important factor in my professional life.

• 2 months later...

Another vote for Euro Optics, just had progressive lenses with the 'photo sensitive' bit added done there last holiday. I didn't choose top of the range lenses with regard to thickness and field of view but not far off - 22000 baht.

I wasn't keen on any of her frames which were all at the budget end of the market but she was happy for me to buy the frames elsewhere and bring them to her - I got some Oakley frames from another optician. She said most of her customers like 'classic frames' which is why she doesn't stock more high end models.

The lady is from Philippines and took time checking and rechecking my eyesight, comparing to my old lenses and explaining everything along the way. Very good service. 

On 1/30/2017 at 5:00 PM, scubascuba3 said:

I've met 2 peoples whose eyes were irrecoverably damaged with this these ops. Apparently a low % error rate, but does happen. Maybe doing one at a time would mitigate the risk.

Top,advice don't fuck up both get one done then the other one if the first is ok .

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

Archived