IGNORED

Adelphi hotel anyone!

vimto66

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, striderman said:

it has a new tall thin neighbour........................

5a589ca002f04_jan12002(Custom).JPG.bdaa3d82214f66c9120c604b3552a6aa.JPG

Any comment ref the noise?

Went past the hotel on several occasions over Christmas and NY and nothing much seemed to be going on ref the construction but evidently now its ramping up.

Not a complete deal breaker for me - I stayed before in the March hotel with the May being built (which has taken an age) and heard nothing at all possibly due though to the protracted way they appear to have been constructing it (by hand it seems given the amount of time its taking).

I note there is also some more building work going on at PP massage accross the road and further up the Soi too.

14 minutes ago, PR1977 said:

Any comment ref the noise?

Went past the hotel on several occasions over Christmas and NY and nothing much seemed to be going on ref the construction but evidently now its ramping up.

Not a complete deal breaker for me - I stayed before in the March Hotel with the May being built (which has taken an age) and heard nothing at all possibly due though to the protracted way they appear to have been constructing it (by hand it seems given the amount of time its taking).

I note there is also some more building work going on at PP Massage accross the road and further up the Soi too.

Its a building site for a new MIND hotel, they tend to be noisy. My condo overlooks the site, probably 150m away, double glazing is a blessing. Its noisy most of the time starting at 7am, although they do have quieter days. The Adelphi is right next to the site, its probably alot noisier, just a guess !!!

The Adelphi are quite on the ball with their online marketing. When i was checking out hotels for my December trip paid pop up ads for The Adelphi were continually appearing on my devices

1 hour ago, neilri2001 said:

The Adelphi are quite on the ball with their online marketing. When i was checking out hotels for my December trip paid pop up ads for The Adelphi were continually appearing on my devices

It’s not Adelphi, it’s google.  You did a search for ‘Adelphi’

Retired

55 minutes ago, Piece Corp said:

It’s not Adelphi, it’s google.  You did a search for ‘Adelphi’

No. I was searching Pattaya hotels in general. I'd never actually heard of the Adelphi ( Pattaya ) before

• 2 weeks later...

This hotel is in soi of my favorite suprise bbq in Pattaya! The restaurant is very humid and the rooms are pleasant. Sometimes we offer a free late check-out, depending on the third-party booking site. This is a recommended hotel if you are in Soi Bua Kao.

I was looking @ this hotel as well. The Adelphi Suites in BKK is off the hook, so I imagine this one is nice too. Only think I didn't like about the Patts location is that it seems to be in a funky area. I could be wrong tho, but it looked like a strange part of town on G maps.

• 2 months later...

Does anyone know what the situation is with the building work at the back of the Adelphi at the moment.

16 minutes ago, Sitmaman said:

Does anyone know what the situation is with the building work at the back of the Adelphi at the moment.

2 years of work yet

19 minutes ago, striderman said:

2 years of work yet

maybe longer if they go at the same pace as the current project on the east side of PP massage.

I had a booking there, great rate but I canceled mainly because of the construction work. Plus the location isn't great. The reviews are excellent though.

On 4/17/2018 at 18:54, Sitmaman said:

pics taken today beside adelphi. zero noise as site still shut for songkran break till the cambodians get back

5adae86a50c8e_april21012(Custom).JPG.6395ba1be55bf4737757829bd362fb7e.JPG

5adae88256c99_april21013(Custom).JPG.c93c17913134a5cc3cce2eb9d4033a0f.JPG

5adae894b8c66_april21015(Custom).JPG.55675edcdbe1c795154d5be823f175fc.JPG

5adae8a3e6a47_april21014(Custom).JPG.d7853dcdf7489a1434541c78f4cde5c6.JPG

I stayed here last month. I really enjoyed it. The construction was the only disadvantage. The staff were really attentive and friendly and the bed was really comfortable. I stayed here for two weeks, the second week was busier and the fourth floor where I stayed became swarmed in Chinese Tourists ...etc.

• 1 month later...

say something maybe made guys unhappy here.

I'm NOT in Adelphi PTY yet, I like the Adelphi at BKK (Nana) very much so I always want to give their PTY hotel a try. But really can't find any reason good enough to let me choice them.

At the first their price is not cheap --- not pricey but for their price I can have LOT of choice and all can beat them away. The main Cons for them is the location, don't lie to yourself, Adelphi PTY's location is NOT GOOD, maybe I can say bad. It IS far away from the main road for baht bus (2nd road or beach road). Yes you can also have baht bus on soi Buakhao (shortage as 1/5 than 2nd road and beach road), but if you like soi Buakhao there are many other good options just direct on the soi Buakhao and all cheap than Adelphi. 

And even if I like soi Buakhao AND want a quiet place (that means not direct on the soi Buakhao), my choice will be the area between soi Buakhao and 2nd road area, and this area have more choice too. it is easy to go to Buakhao same same, but add a lot option of actions because it is more near the 2nd road.

• 4 weeks later...

Is there any update on the construction noise?

I mistakenly booked today for 2 weeks in January as there was a good deal without checking here first - non refundable..

Also, I'm a late riser, what time does the breakfast run to?

8 hours ago, freddy73 said:

Is there any update on the construction noise?

I mistakenly booked today for 2 weeks in January as there was a good deal without checking here first - non refundable..

Also, I'm a late riser, what time does the breakfast run to?

I stayed there for 4 weeks in Feb/Mar. The breakfast was way overpriced. Unless you've already paid for it in advance, plenty of other spots nearby for much less money. I liked the hotel and would stay there again. The windows were double and kept things quiet.

I stayed for 15 nights in May and it was great.  1,100B including breakfast and I got an upgrade.

I love the location; soi Bukhao, LK, nice bars and cafes close by along with money exchange and Chaiyapoon and MIT.  I can walk but the Baht Bus is available along with motorbike taxis and Bongkot isn’t too far either.  I have stayed at other hotels and love their locations too.

Breakfast is 06:30 - 10:30, but pretty boring tbh and the gym is woeful.

it was quiet whenI was there, I slept like a proverbial.

Adelphi, amongst others, is on my list of hotels I am happy with dependent upon the deal.

2 hours ago, toonboy said:

I stayed for 15 nights in May and it was great.  1,100B including breakfast and I got an upgrade.

I love the location; soi Bukhao, LK, nice bars and cafes close by along with money exchange and Chaiyapoon and MIT.  I can walk but the Baht Bus is available along with motorbike taxis and Bongkot isn’t too far either.  I have stayed at other hotels and love their locations too.

Breakfast is 06:30 - 10:30, but pretty boring tbh and the gym is woeful.

it was quiet whenI was there, I slept like a proverbial.

Adelphi, amongst others, is on my list of hotels I am happy with dependent upon the deal.

Thanks for the breakfast times, probably too early for me..

For ref. I paid 1500 baht a night for two weeks in mid Jan 2019 via Agoda inc. breakfast.

10 hours ago, freddy73 said:

Thanks for the breakfast times, probably too early for me..

For ref. I paid 1500 baht a night for two weeks in mid Jan 2019 via Agoda inc. breakfast.

I often had breakfast on the way back in from a night out.  1,500 in high season would be satisfactory.  I also used Agoda last time.

1 hour ago, toonboy said:

I often had breakfast on the way back in from a night out.  1,500 in high season would be satisfactory.  I also used Agoda last time.

That's the cheapest I've seen it on my dates and I've been checking the last couple of months

Archived