Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Adelphi hotel anyone!

vimto66

Every year i make a shortlist of hotels for my next trip,and at the moment the Adelphi hotel is at the top of the pile,i`ve read trip advisor and Agoda reviews,and also looked at old threads here on PA.Lovely rooms,girl friendly, in a good area and all looks good (although yes there is cheaper).Just thought i`d ask if anyone has any first hand accounts of the place,or know anyone who has been there!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stayed there 2 nights last November. Nice enough if you can get it cheap, standard rooms fairly minimalist. View out the back rooms is uninspiring. Pool is smallish. Didn't eat there. Staff great - must've thought I was a 'good man' as I didn't bring a lady back....

I changed hotel because the price was going to be a lot higher for the remaining 27 nights.

Went to Sea Me Spring Too for the remainder of the trip - was good with much bigger room.

"Disappointing girls one inch at a time"

Stayed there back in August. I found it to be pretty good and decently priced for what you get. The staff are very much of a high standard and nothing is to bib and issue for them. Location is superb and right outside there is MB taxis if you like using them. Laundry across the street was cheap and handy. Swimming pool was a decent size and super deep at the bottom end. Also they had umberellas to keep the sun off if you use them at the pool.

Overall would stay again whoever I'm going cheaper this May using the D hotel!

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

On 1/30/2017 at 18:25, Joethescot said:

Stayed there back in August. I found it to be pretty good and decently priced for what you get. The staff are very much of a high standard and nothing is to bib and issue for them. Location is superb and right outside there is MB taxis if you like using them. Laundry across the street was cheap and handy. Swimming pool was a decent size and super deep at the bottom end. Also they had umberellas to keep the sun off if you use them at the pool.

Overall would stay again whoever I'm going cheaper this May using the D Hotel!

D hotel was on my list too,still is in fact but i`ve got this place in my head just now. Agoda are doing a nice big room with sofa and armchair for a price that im prepared to pay at the moment.

Another reason its riding high on my list is the vast majorty of reveiws are positive,that and the fact its on the doorstep of soi Buakhao,an area which i like and its fairly central,beach road is a walk away but i dont mind walking when im first stepping out for the day. 

Stayed there 2 nights last November. Nice enough if you can get it cheap, standard rooms fairly minimalist. View out the back rooms is uninspiring. Pool is smallish. Didn't eat there. Staff great - must've thought I was a 'good man' as I didn't bring a lady back....

I changed hotel because the price was going to be a lot higher for the remaining 27 nights.

Went to Sea Me Spring Too for the remainder of the trip - was good with much bigger room.

Stayed at sea me spring too a couple of years ago and i liked it there,soi 10 is a great area and i`ve thought long and hard about staying down that soi again.Last year stayed at `the stay`another hotel i liked,so many good hotels that fit you criterea in Pattaya with prices to suit every pocket,just now though Adelphi is top of my `possibles` table!

D hotel was on my list too,still is in fact but i`ve got this place in my head just now.Agoda are doing a nice big room with sofa and armchair for a price that im prepared to pay at the moment.

Another reason its riding high on my list is the vast majorty of reveiws are positive,that and the fact its on the doorstep of soi Buakhao,an area which i like and its fairly central,beach road is a walk away but i dont mind walking when im first stepping out for the day.

I have booked the DHotel and its slightly a bit to north along Soi B than I would like. However I suppose with it being cheaper than other hotels you have to give up location slightly. Anyway not so bad if the bhat bus are still running along Soi B haha

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

I lost my virginity in a hotel called the adelphi!

Not the one in pattaya [emoji14]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Decided to book afterall,its got all i want and is somewhere i haven`t stayed before,as i mentioned previously theres cheaper,but im prepared to pay for what looks a nice place,only come once a year so why not.

my friend & i stay at D hotel..good value & handy to super soup just across the road & of course fish & chips for a change

Adelphi is pretty good. Upgrade to one of the larger rooms as with the basic ones you can't really use the balcony as the aircon blasts out onto it.

i had to move out of there as my LLT was convinced there was a ghost.

i had to move out of there as my LLT was convinced there was a ghost.

I`d best keep that to myself then,might be sleeping alone a lot if not! :laugh:

Every year i make a shortlist of hotels for my next trip,and at the moment the Adelphi hotel is at the top of the pile,i`ve read trip advisor and agoda reviews,and also looked at old threads here on PA.Lovely rooms,girl friendly, in a good area and all looks good (although yes there is cheaper).Just thought i`d ask if anyone has any first hand accounts of the place,or know anyone who has been there!

Was first hotel that stayed at in Pattaya last Spring as had seen some positive reviews and believe got rate in the higher $30cdn which thought was very cheap.  Got dropped off there in the dark and as much as location is great if you know Pattaya actually did find it bit confusing at first.  I am usually pretty good with directions, but seemed to get turned backwards when got into Pattaya.  Once figured it out actually liked room/amenities a lot, but price seemed to go up so found other places close that seemed almost as good.  Would not have issue recommending Adelphi at all though.  Booked into Scenery garden, which quite close, when get in there next couple days so will see how that compares.  They seemed to have pretty sharp rate, but maybe there construction or some other reason for that.

• 8 months later...

Word of warning there is building work going on at the Adelphi and looks like it will be going on for some time, the noise is horrendous, unfortunately I pre booked for my entire stay so am stuck with it otherwise I would have left first day.

• 1 month later...
On 3 November 2017 at 03:51, Sitmaman said:

Word of warning there is building work going on at the Adelphi and looks like it will be going on for some time, the noise is horrendous, unfortunately I pre booked for my entire stay so am stuck with it otherwise I would have left first day.

Would you still be affected by the noise from the building work in a room at the front? Presume you notice it too if you're at the pool during the day?

Some good discounted rates available here at the moment but possibly because of construction...

4 hours ago, PR1977 said:

Would you still be affected by the noise from the building work in a room at the front? Presume you notice it too if you're at the pool during the day?

Some good discounted rates available here at the moment but possibly because of construction...

Those front rooms are lovely,big and airy,they`re dearer though!

9 minutes ago, vimto66 said:

Those front rooms are lovely,big and airy,they`re dearer though!

Look worth it though. Only actually quite recently became aware of this place - looks to have everything I want ( in particular rooftop pool,  on site gym and breakfast available) in a location that's absolutely perfect for me - easy walk to Metro and Bongkot, near Buakhao but just a bit removed from the madness.

I suppose I can check out for myself how bad the construction noise is on Xmas trip...

You had a very good stay there though? Any tips, info or advice - aside from getting room at front!?

Cant fault the place PR1977,i first heard about the place after a BM left an article on here,the more i researched it on the net the more i liked it!

As i mentioned earlier nice sized room with seating area which is always good for when you bring someone back and you dont want to get down to business straight away.Nice sized bed,lots of storage space,Shower always had plenty of hot water,Dont know wether you need wi-fi but if you do its very good and once you log in its very solid even round the pool,although when you leave the hotel premises you have to log back in again which isnt exactly an ordeal!

Staff were friendly enough and the cleaners  were available untill late afternoon.

I got breakfast included in the price but i only made it about 3-4 times in three weeks!

If i was pushed and had to mention a negative its a walk away from beach road,but to me it wasnt much bother,you`re only 5 mins walk from LK Metro,buakhao is on your doorstep,baht buses run along buakhao so WS is easily to get to in no time!

I looked on the Adelphi website,trip advisor,various hotel booking websites and numerous other sites to garner as much info as i could,when you get time to spare do the same,it will fill you in on lots of stuff that i dont mention,i made my choice and have no regrets!

Other than sitting,the seating area was put to good use !:rolleyes:

IMG_0488.thumb.JPG.cb8343632052e95ac46a663dda2ef866.JPG

1 hour ago, vimto66 said:

Cant fault the place PR1977,i first heard about the place after a BM left an article on here,the more i researched it on the net the more i liked it!

As i mentioned earlier nice sized room with seating area which is always good for when you bring someone back and you dont want to get down to business straight away.Nice sized bed,lots of storage space,Shower always had plenty of hot water,Dont know wether you need wi-fi but if you do its very good and once you log in its very solid even round the pool,although when you leave the hotel premises you have to log back in again which isnt exactly an ordeal!

Staff were friendly enough and the cleaners  were available untill late afternoon.

I got breakfast included in the price but i only made it about 3-4 times in three weeks!

If i was pushed and had to mention a negative its a walk away from beach road,but to me it wasnt much bother,you`re only 5 mins walk from LK Metro,buakhao is on your doorstep,baht buses run along buakhao so WS is easily to get to in no time!

I looked on the Adelphi website,trip advisor,various hotel booking websites and numerous other sites to garner as much info as i could,when you get time to spare do the same,it will fill you in on lots of stuff that i dont mention,i made my choice and have no regrets!

Other than sitting,the seating area was put to good use !:rolleyes:

IMG_0488.thumb.JPG.cb8343632052e95ac46a663dda2ef866.JPG

Cheers, if that lady also came with the room I wouldn't be too disappointed!! :D

On 11/3/2017 at 10:51, Sitmaman said:

i have put getting some pics of the works on the to do list. expect an update here in a day or so.

Stayed there for a night last month

adelphi.thumb.jpg.5f7a26c93eaca45255000731a073addf.jpg

Retired

On 11/3/2017 at 10:51, Sitmaman said:

taken today just after the workers were at days end. so i cannot comment on noise.

5a2a691ba7b99_dec8017(Custom).JPG.7d8f1dbdf4598a74fddfd21479e89cc3.JPG

big site directly behind the hotel

5a2a69462ce4a_dec8018(Custom).JPG.ae8b8baff61f639943b0206963e71ebd.JPG

5a2a695b60db2_dec8019(Custom).JPG.71f0d4a30a93581e367901e391d71a6d.JPG

above rear of hotel to right side

5a2a6973c7bfd_dec8015(Custom).JPG.f7433fcda6d84fe01808e8cab70231b8.JPG

front of hotel above

I stayed here last month. Bloody excellent hotel....rooms large & clean, staff very helpful, Pool good though could be a little larger, Breakfast good but not fantastic & location great...close to the action..........Although..........

A new hotel is being built surrounding the back side of Adelphi.....bloody loud noises from 8.30am to 4.30pm....best to stay away for at least 2yrs or so....very sad! 

line_1510465322084[1].jpg

Special offer on here - if you contact the hotel directly.

Deluxe with balcony and breakfast for 2 guests (1 named) at 1,600 baht with 50% deposit payable now and 50% payable on arrival.

As far as I can see the same rooms are 2000 baht paying everything now or about 2150 paying a week before arrival on Agoda.

Offer may be to do with building work so will check that out when I arrive next week before deciding....

I booked this hotel for early january through Agoda with free cancellation,which I have now duly done due to construction work.shame cos its looks a nice place to stay

Archived