Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Pattaya Addicts Very Own Guesthouse...

jocky king

A better idea would be to set up a "PA" investment fund. Buy businesses (GoGo bars, Hotels, travel agencys, etc) that have strong potential with good management and then promote them heavily via the PA. This way you get the investment without the headache of actually having to run the day-to-day operations of the business. Then the PA can push hotels and bars that the investment club owns outright or partially.

Slickmonkey...............your a bright monkey.

We have already discussed a venture fund with several people and this is something that may happen although there are many issues over "reasonable impartiality" that have to be considered.

The argument about falling out is very real but with a venture fund it would be less of a problem because the investors would be shareholders who voted in a board. As investors they would be bound to accept the decisions of that board although as with any business they would have the annual right to vote out any under performing director OR to sell their shares.

Where it has positive gains is, as you correctly point out, the fund itself doesnt own or run any bars - it simply invests is PEOPLE that it feels are positive bets.

I first thought about this when I saw a Harley for sale up in Nan Province. A 2001 Fatboy and the owner wanted 450,000 for it. I asked a dealer here if he would buy "my" 2001 Fatboy and he said yes 625,000 - there is definitely a lot of scope here.

That scope is further extended by the fact that there are fire sales aplenty now - not nice to profit from someones misfortune but someone is going to do it.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Personally I dont see any "impartiality" problems with pushing a certain bar, restaurant, hotel or other business as long as its noted as a "PA" company. As long as members know up from that PA has a stake in a business and they are told that upfront then I dont see a problem. Maybe make a "PA Seal", which would denote that PA has a vested interest either fully or partially. Then its up to the consumer to decide.

In addition if a PA property or investment has problems (as noted via the website thru its members) then the PA committee can move to make things right or imporve the service of the PA property in question.

Based on comments and reviews we can improve and make changes to a facility that PA has a vested interest in. And as long as members here are aware that its a Vested "PA" company then there shouldnt be any problems with Impartiality. Furthermore, PA seals could be leased for a fee and revoked if establishements dont meet our criteria.

Run it just like a Investment. We dont actually manage the properties, we instead we manage the portfolio of Bars, restaurants, hotels, etc. We definately can have input with the General Managers of the establishments but for the most part we let them do what they do best. We have standards we can push for in establishements and set goals but ultimately the managers of the establishments manage the facilities for the PA fund.

For companies we do NOT actually invest in then we can offer the "PA Seal of Approval" similar to the "Good Housekeeping Seal" for a charge.

Just my 2 cents...

here you go ...how about this ????

http://www.businessesforsale.com/uk/Invest...a-For-Sale.aspx

I could do with just leaving the uk behind and trying something new.......hmmmm night porter maybe :Cross_Fingers:

fook me found this we could have loads of fun here !!!!!!!!!

http://thailand.themovechannel.com/property/details/291768/

One mans dream....another mans goldmine ?????

Edited by templeman

Did you ever feel that just by jumping on a plane, All your cares would drop away

And you'd be born again,Returning to a nature child,

Happy wild and free.

Personally I dont see any "impartiality" problems with pushing a certain bar, restaurant, hotel or other business as long as its noted as a "PA" company. As long as members know up from that PA has a stake in a business and they are told that upfront then I dont see a problem. Maybe make a "PA Seal", which would denote that PA has a vested interest either fully or partially. Then its up to the consumer to decide.

In addition if a PA property or investment has problems (as noted via the website thru its members) then the PA committee can move to make things right or imporve the service of the PA property in question.

Based on comments and reviews we can improve and make changes to a facility that PA has a vested interest in. And as long as members here are aware that its a Vested "PA" company then there shouldnt be any problems with Impartiality. Furthermore, PA seals could be leased for a fee and revoked if establishements dont meet our criteria.

Run it just like a Investment. We dont actually manage the properties, we instead we manage the portfolio of Bars, restaurants, hotels, etc. We definately can have input with the General Managers of the establishments but for the most part we let them do what they do best. We have standards we can push for in establishements and set goals but ultimately the managers of the establishments manage the facilities for the PA fund.

For companies we do NOT actually invest in then we can offer the "PA Seal of Approval" similar to the "Good Housekeeping Seal" for a charge.

Just my 2 cents...

Slick

You make some very good observations a lot of which I concur with.

We are very aware that an Addicts bar/guesthouse/venture fund would have a higher than average chance of success here. Indeed I could probably give yo the names of at least 25 BMs who would invest with few questions asked (due diligence excepted of course).

However, and I am not criticising you in any way, you have been a member here for 3 months. It would probably be useful if you had a hunt around some very old threads to get an understanding of why Addicts exists and why it was set up in the first place. These core elements are also a major factor in its success.

Its not about money, its not about what would or wouldnt work, its about some principals. As businessesmen its very tempting when we get offers but as the owners of PA the decision is always an easy one.

I give you an example.

Just two weeks ago we were offered a 50% stake in a bar for nothing, providing we called it PA and backed it with the forum. Again very tempting, indeed very hard to decline, but again the decision was a simple one.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Yes i suggested this too on one of my first posts,only to be told to go away by Q.That wasn't very nice i thought but i hadn't read this at the time.

So i've got the donkeys ears on.

So ok then,how about thinking outside of the box for a minute.Forget Secrets and FLB.

What about something bigger,like promoting Pattaya and Thailand in a positive way for families and couples on a grand hotel scale(as it is going to be).

Or maybe just carry on as normal and sell a few t-shirts and keyrings.

Pattaya has wonderfull weather and some great bars but a tiny mentality.Small beer bars near the beach will go away,just like Q said.

If one bar was nominated each week through the year as the 'PA Bar of the week', surely this would serve the needs of all the members, and provide a meeting place!

Lots of Bar Owners would surely be clammering to take up the opportunity?

The Bar could then be posted every week, and then you would have a meeting place at no cost!

The bar would of course, accept the privilege card with 90 per cent off drinks! (Just Kidding!)

anyone think this might be an idea??

A mans gotta do, what a mans gotta do!

When all is said and done, more is said than done!

Seems my Idea had been hijacked ....

I voted for great idea, why not? And the only 'why not' is that it is linked to this forum. Using the P-A name may seem like a great idea at first, but how long can we use the name for? Can we license the name forever? What would it cost us? Couldn't the new company be called something else and advertised on P-A. That maybe a better marketing proposition, cum up with a new name!

And to setup and run it's a basic company structure. The rules are laid down at the start and not changed unless their is a vote from shareholders. One rule would be one person one vote despite how many shares are owned. And no one shareholder can own more than 10%. No family member can own a share so if the monger dies the executor would be required to allow the company to hold a ballot of eligible mongers to buy share at current value. Shareholder mongers would receive a small discount on accommodation, food and drink.

Shareholder mongers could nominate for a seat on the board. May sit for 3 consecutive 1 year terms, then abstain for 2. Remuneration would be for out of pocket expenses but no salary. General manager not a shareholder.

It's do-able, but lets not make the mistake of treating it as a hobby. Now who do I make the deposit cheque out too!

"If it feels good, just keep doing it!"

I had a great dream earlier this week but I thought it was a impossible dream to come true... Many of my dreams fullfilled by Pattaya that why I call it my Heaven....The dream I dreamed this week was to Pattaya Addicts to own the Guesthouse to tb run by the BMs and the trustees... The plan was to set up 500 members to own it with £1000 each members , that is £500,000(26,500,000 bahts)... Guesthouse must have more than twenty bedrooms with bar downstairs for BMs meetings and reunions... All profits at the end of the year will be paid in Dividends for fully paid up members...Any members dies will be passed on to next of kin.... By the look of my dream is impossible but can come true... Say 20 rooms booked all year, 700 bahts a room x 20 = 14,000 bahts x 365 days year=5,110,000 bahts... Four to six thai ladies to work there as acleaner and staff, say 7,000 bahts a month wages ( 5,500 bahts average salary a month in thailand)... 7,000 x six staff =42,000 bahts x 1 year =500,000 bahts... Put down 1 million bahts for miscellous expense such as maintence etc... That leaves us 3,500,000 bahts profits a year not to mention the drinks we sell at the bars too, let put that 500,000 bahts for drinks we sell and foods we sell for 500,000 bahts yearly.. that is 4,500,000 bahts profits... That 10,000 dividends between the owners.. You would be five years to get your money back plus the value of the property increasing .... But then again it is a very impossible dream..... :Bravo1:

good idea if its set up right, ive got a grand sat doing nothing, (THEM WHO DARE`S WINS)

Guaranteed cheapest custom made t-shirts,polo shirts,hats, etc... For bars, restaurant's, hotels. We also specialize in exporting worldwide.

Currently in the process of changing locations but definitely still taking orders....Email, Call, or Visit us online at http://www.tshirtxpress.net

What about something bigger,like promoting Pattaya and Thailand in a positive way for families and couples on a grand hotel scale(as it is going to be).

personally I want to see more fellow mongerers around, IMO we already promote bar girls in Pattaya on youtube, we are doing our little bit to help.

I voted for great idea, why not? And the only 'why not' is that it is linked to this forum. Using the P-A name may seem like a great idea at first, but how long can we use the name for? Can we license the name forever? What would it cost us? Couldn't the new company be called something else and advertised on P-A. That maybe a better marketing proposition, cum up with a new name!

And to setup and run it's a basic company structure. The rules are laid down at the start and not changed unless their is a vote from shareholders. One rule would be one person one vote despite how many shares are owned. And no one shareholder can own more than 10%. No family member can own a share so if the monger dies the executor would be required to allow the company to hold a ballot of eligible mongers to buy share at current value. Shareholder mongers would receive a small discount on accommodation, food and drink.

Shareholder mongers could nominate for a seat on the board. May sit for 3 consecutive 1 year terms, then abstain for 2. Remuneration would be for out of pocket expenses but no salary. General manager not a shareholder.

It's do-able, but lets not make the mistake of treating it as a hobby. Now who do I make the deposit cheque out too!

I don't see anything wrong with the general manager being a shareholder. If anything that would just motivate them to help the place do better. Obviously if a place was opened up under the addicts guise, it would get all the addicts crowd. But, would it lose potential customers who are loyal to other boards? There are a million what if scenarios, but until you had the group of people with the financial know-how, and the intimate operations and connections together, nothing much would get accomplished.

Is there any BM's with some knowledge of running a hotel???

It does seem like a great idea, but i wonder how it could ever become a reallity.

Even just to purchase and suitable premises seems to be a stumbling block.

I would imagine everyone who puts in to this project would want different location.

Did you ever feel that just by jumping on a plane, All your cares would drop away

And you'd be born again,Returning to a nature child,

Happy wild and free.

By the Look of the number of posts... Not good outlook .. But if that plan goes ahead, I would invest....

Is there any BM's with some knowledge of running a hotel???

It does seem like a great idea, but i wonder how it could ever become a reallity.

Even just to purchase and suitable premises seems to be a stumbling block.

I would imagine everyone who puts in to this project would want different location.

Yes there are BM's with knowledge of running a hotel, who are also running guesthouses and bars in Patts at the moment. That means me for one. Thats why I have the opinions I do about it. If it was a profit making scheme, then that is one thing, because you can invest, and invest, and invest. You would need a committee to decide what kind of decor, what kind of layout, a whole array of different things.

Then you add to that, that you are going to pay decent money to get decent staff, so that brings down the profits to some degree. And ultimately, the manager of the place would have to be able to do their job without everyone throwing their own ideas into what would make things better. Everyone would need to decide on one person to run the place, and sit back and let them run it. If every week, a committee said they wanted this done, or that done, it would be impossible for a manager to do their jobs.

So your basically looking at taking the number of people that run multi-billion dollar companies, having the same structure as that to run a maybe 3-5million baht a year guesthouse or bar (just an estimated number). You have one person have overall say on the design, one person have overall say on the financial arrangements, then one person have overall say in the day to day operations of the place, thats how a place would prosper. Too many ingredients ruin the stew, is a saying that comes to mind.

What if there was a manager on say a yearly contract who would be voted yearly to run things ?

If they where on a good salary it would be in his/her interest to keep the place running well.

Just a side issue what is to stop someone opening a bar / hotel and using the name anyway?

Thailand`s copyright wont stop someone if they wanted to ?

KETAMINE JUST SAY NEIGH

Well I think it would be obvious that if the manager wasn't producing results, they would be canned anyways. Voting a manager in would have a few more problems behind it I think, you would have loyalties to certain parties involved, and thats how scandals and shady dealings start. I think if they hired someone to run it, it would just be like any other job, hiring based on skills, education, like a regular job interview type of thing.

I think that if someone did start a Pattaya Addicts bar or guesthouse without the permission or knowledge of the boards members, we would boycott the hell out of the place, and I am pretty certain that somewhere the Addicts name is trademarked.

The world is built on dreams.

It would take a core group of dedicated members who were already financially sound to organize and manage the project. It would be a nightmare to raise and manage the initial shares and disbursements in the way mentioned. Could really have a bad fallout if it failed. Anything is possible though...

• 4 weeks later...

For a start you would need management that have absolutely no link to PA whatsoever

That should be obvious to all if watching

Better to be daring and cool, than timid and uncool! Life's journey is not about arriving at your gravesite in a well preserved condition, but rather dropping into it in a long sideways skid, totally worn out, and shouting "Holy Shit...What a ride" - Indian Larry

• 1 year later...

between that many people it does seem impossible, but if you cut it down to a regular company boardroom size amount of people (between 10 and 20) then you could defintely make something good. Though you would need like +25,000 per person

I was looking into doing something similar with a small resort/hotel that went up for sale in pattaya, but dealing with invetors and getting the papers ready for a property owned (technically at least) by a company is kind of a hassle unless it really takes off

Its a great idea in thery but from my experience of just having 1 buisness parter you need more than patients and a dam good lawyer.But again who thought we would land on the moon go for it.I would be in