Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

August Suites / March Hotel

PR1977

15 hours ago, Mr_Peace said:

Jep, unfortunately I made a rookie mistake and booked and paid the room before found out about that those cases. And because it's one of those Adoga deals without possibility to cancel, I just have to keep my fingers crossed. Next stay will probably be in D hotel.

I booked in a similar way being aware about the non-cancellation deal and took a chance. I never stayed in this group of hotel but never been moved anywhere else after a confirmed booking so I am expecting things to go smoothly. Also, I usually drop a mail 1-2 weeks in advance to hotel indicating my booking and preferences and keep a print out of their response during check-in, I will do that as well just to make sure. Interestingly, during my last stay at siam@siam I requested high floor on WS side, and minibar to be emptied. During my check-in, they duly obliged since they already had the communication.

Finger crossed for this stay, and yes during the reading of reviews I found the location of August suites better, let's see how it goes!:Cross_Fingers:

And surely I will put review here. :)

13 hours ago, Mr_Peace said:

I have thought (based on what I have found from the net) that March is worst due smaller rooms and bad location, April is the second due location at the end of dark alley and August is best due the location + it and April has a bigger rooms and better pools than March.

August probably does have the best location for access to everywhere (although March is better if you spend a lot of time on Soi 6), the facilities in all 3 are all much of a muchness (gym, pool, sauna, pool bar, restaurant) if you like rooftop pool April better, pool in shade March best and pool in ground garden setting August.

August may have slightly bigger rooms, but they are not as modern as March or even April and in my opinion are in need of refurb. Plus in August you can end up in a room with two double beds put together.

In case any BM looking for a good deal on August Suites, the price for August & September is pretty good. I just booked a superior room for a few nights at August Suites for 26 $USD (869 $THB) + 17% tax & service charges per night. Hope they don't bump me to April Suites or March hotel. But if they do, oh well, I think 869 $THB + tax & service charges for April Suites and March hotel is still an ok deal.   

Forgot to mention that this is a non-refundable pricing.

August Suites [agoda.com].PNG

• 2 weeks later...

I'm at August now for first time after staying many times at March. I'd agree with the previous comments mostly: 

Imho, the beds are most comfy at March, as some may find the August beds a bit on the hard side. 

The room is bigger at August, but i I would also say "so what?" To that, as the extra area in the August rooms is kinda just dead space.....I think the rooms at March are good sized. (Except for example 206, which is too small compared with all the others I've stayed in).

The room I got at August (309) is perfectly fine, though by virtue of being newer the March rooms are somewhat nicer. Construction is ongoing on the city-side of March though, so absolutely avoid that side.

The gym is better at August - it's larger and has a few dumbbells.

The pool at August I guess would be considered a little better in that it's bigger, but imho it's pretty much a toss up.

Breakfast is cooked to order at August - I wouldn't pay for it again as I prefer eating elsewhere.

The biggest difference is location - August is in a great spot, very near second road on central, whereas March requires a five minute walk to get to either street which some find a pain.

Which is better? I can't really split 'em, I would be happy to stay again at either. I would probably give the edge to March cuz I love those beds.....but on the other hand, the location...........

• 1 month later...

August Suites seems to be sold out all november in Agoda.com
Does anybody know the hotel take reservation via phone or email? It seems weird not to find a single vacant day in november

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Archived