Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

August Suites / March Hotel

PR1977

Booked into the August Suites over Christmas and NY having stayed at April Suites and March hotel previously.

I am aware that on occasion those with bookings in The April Suites have been moved to The March hotel but does anyone have any awareness of this happening to someone with an August Suites booking?

Booked into the August Suites over Christmas and NY having stayed at April Suites and March Hotel previously.

I am aware that on occasion those with bookings in The April Suites have been moved to The March Hotel but does anyone have any awareness of this happening to someone with an August Suites booking?

Not read or heard anything regarding the August Suites,appears its only happened with April/March suites,i`ve stayed there twice and its a good  hotel,not stayed at either of the other two though so cant compare!

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from 6 nights in pats. Booked into August suites and they moved me over to April suites for the 6 nights.

Wow. Hope they gave you refund or something. That's a downgrade Imo

Wow. Hope they gave you refund or something. That's a downgrade Imo

I would say so unless he was upgraded to a better category at April.

Booked into the August Suites over Christmas and NY having stayed at April Suites and March Hotel previously.

I am aware that on occasion those with bookings in The April Suites have been moved to The March Hotel but does anyone have any awareness of this happening to someone with an August Suites booking?

So were you moved as well?

Vincent Law

PR1977 and Themehta, how was the hotel itself?  Were there a lot of families or mostly likeminded single travelers like ourselves?  Did you guys feel comfortable?  Was the mattress comfortable? A few friends and I are planning our first trip in May and we are considering August Suites

PR1977 and Themehta, how was the hotel itself?  Were there a lot of families or mostly likeminded single travelers like ourselves?  Did you guys feel comfortable?  Was the mattress comfortable? A few friends and I are planning our first trip in May and we are considering August Suites. 

So everything went smoothly and I stayed 10 days in The August Suites. Its not quite as modern as March hotel and April Suites, but the facilities are just as good - large pool in the sun, jacuzzi, pool snack bar, gym and sauna - and the cleaning lady assigned to my floor was on hand till about 16.00 and would clean the room and provide towels, fresh sheets, water and toiletries pretty much on demand. Aircon is good and you can vary temperature and fan power.

Room was ok and mattress didn't cause me - or any of my overnight companions - any problems but I would advise you to ask specifically for a room with a double bed or they may just put two (large) singles together. There's also a bit of a shortage of powerpoints and you have to constantly log in to the wifi although it does have good strength. Room is spacious with chair and lots of wardrobe space; pool view ones are probably better than the ones that overlook the Sois to the north of Pattaya Klang.

You can get breakfast here for 250 baht which I think is a bit overpriced although the laundry service is reasonably priced - I got my travelling shirt, trousers and socks cleaned and pressed for 100 baht. Their guest policy is standard enough but they only write down the details on the card and there's no phone call when your teerak leaves...I never had any problems though.

Most travellers staying here were single likeminded western men.

Best thing in my opinion is the location - so easy to access everywhere. Great food options outside too for late night snacking with your LT - the papaya salad stall right outside the hotel went down particularly well with them.

All in all I'd rate August Suites about 7/10; comfortable enough place to stay - rooms could probably use a refurb but most of the facilities location and service make up for it. I paid 1600 a night over xmas and new year which was probably fair.

PR1977 and Themehta, how was the hotel itself? Were there a lot of families or mostly likeminded single travelers like ourselves? Did you guys feel comfortable? Was the mattress comfortable? A few friends and I are planning our first trip in May and we are considering August Suites.

Yes, all hotels are well maintained but August has bigger rooms and very good location.

Every time we met only like minded travellers, no families.

August staff was also very helpful.

• 2 weeks later...

Just an FYI but they sometimes definitely overbook August and moved guests to either april or March. Myself and a mate were checked in there last year and he got moved to March and IMHO it was definitely a downgrade for the room etc.

• 4 months later...

Guys,anyone stayed recently in August Suites (Superior room-the cheapest choise)?

Have they changed these old fashioned TV's that i see in Agoda photos,with modern flat LED TV's?

Because i want to connect my laptop for a bigger screen..

Thanxxx :)

Guys,anyone stayed recently in August Suites (Superior room-the cheapest choise)?
Have they changed these old fashioned TV's that i see in agoda photos,with modern flat LED TV's?
Because i want to connect my laptop for a bigger screen..
Thanxxx [emoji4]

Stayed there in October, yes they have led tv in the looms now.

Churchill: "Madam, would you sleep with me for five million pounds?"
Socialite: "My goodness, Mr. Churchill... Well, I suppose... we would have to discuss terms, of course... "
Churchill: "Would you sleep with me for five pounds?"
Socialite: "Mr. Churchill, what kind of woman do you think I am?!"
Churchill: "Madam, we've already established that. Now we are haggling about the price”

13 minutes ago, DAKLING1987 said:

To be honest I think the rooms at April and march Suites are better than August Suites. Just the facilities and overall ambience and location of August Suites is far more superior!

April Suites is incredible.  It's right behind August Suites.  Staying there again for my August trip.

1 minute ago, jerrygarcia said:

April Suites is incredible.  It's right behind August Suites.  Staying there again for my August trip.

I thought April Suites is OK there was just something about the place that I didn't like. Couldn't quite put my finger on it. Maybe it's the location. If this hotel was on Soi Buakhao then it would get a massive 10/10 from me. 

I stayed March hotel last December and it was nice. This December I'm staying in the executive suite at August Suites for 23 nights. Since none of there other hotels have rooms at 80 square metres I'd definitely want compensating If I was moved. I assume this must only happen for the normal Superior Room bookings?

• 4 weeks later...

Going first time to Pattaya on mid-November and staying in August. I wanted especially August from those three, so let's hope that they don't move me to April or March, because I don't like Aprils location at the end that dark alley(and going through August would be like rubbing salt to wounds) or smaller rooms in March that is also located too north for soi buakhao & soi 7/8.

:Flying:4th trip - "The Afterwork" is finally happening in May :Cheers9:

• 1 month later...

I will be staying here in September end and booked non-refundable executive suites since got a great deal (1.2-1.3k per night for executive suites) but I have a concern if they move to other types of room or April Suites maybe?

There was also a review on Agoda which made me curious, see below. Did anyone hear something like this? I am thinking to write a mail for confirmation 2-3 weeks in advance.

AugustSuitesReview.thumb.png.7246bda3f89306f6c9d99d09fa0d9397.png

On 3.8.2017 at 09:30, xMax said:

I will be staying here in September end and booked non-refundable executive suites since got a great deal (1.2-1.3k per night for executive suites) but I have a concern if they move to other types of room or April Suites maybe?

There was also a review on Agoda which made me curious, see below. Did anyone hear something like this? I am thinking to write a mail for confirmation 2-3 weeks in advance.

That's a nice deal, hope that you get that room :) If they try to move you, stay calm, smile and don't accept that, if they still try to move you, try calling Agoda (or what ever you used to book it). 

I have also booked a room from this hotel for 13 nights in November, so could you add your review here after your stay?

On 8/4/2017 at 8:21 AM, Mr_Peace said:

That's a nice deal, hope that you get that room :) If they try to move you, stay calm, smile and don't accept that, if they still try to move you, try calling Agoda (or what ever you used to book it). 

I have also booked a room from this hotel for 13 nights in November, so could you add your review here after your stay?

Why should a guest even have to worry about the potential of that happening. I booked and stayed at April Suites a few years back. Liked it well enough. Now, it seems as though you're booking for any room in the March/April/August chain and what you thought you had 'booked' is merely a preference which has a fair chance of not being available. Honestly, fuck that shit. No way I'm going to book with a company that does business in this way. I was one for one and I'll quit while I'm ahead. I can understand that things happen and hotels are occasionally overbooked, but in this case it's a regular practice.

4 hours ago, bgtp said:
Why should a guest even have to worry about the potential of that happening. I booked and stayed at April Suites a few years back. Liked it well enough. Now, it seems as though you're booking for any room in the March/April/August chain and what you thought you had 'booked' is merely a preference which has a fair chance of not being available. Honestly, fuck that shit. No way I'm going to book with a company that does business in this way. I was one for one and I'll quit while I'm ahead. I can understand that things happen and hotels are occasionally overbooked, but in this case it's a regular practice.

Jep, unfortunately I made a rookie mistake and booked and paid the room before found out about that those cases. And because it's one of those Adoga deals without possibility to cancel, I just have to keep my fingers crossed. Next stay will probably be in D hotel.

I've stayed in all 3 and I think all 3 are very good but I can see why people get pissed off at being moved particularly after the long journey over. Was moved once from April to March which was another half hour before I could start activities and annoyed me but thought March was actually superior in the end.

This chain doesn't seem to ever operate on a pay on arrival basis the way some others (i.e.Nova and LK Groups) do so if you pay your money I suppose you take your chances...they'll be opening The May hotel behind March shortly so I would presume punters will start getting bumped into that one too.

Just now, PR1977 said:

I've stayed in all 3 and I think all 3 are very good but I can see why people get pissed off at being moved particularly after the long journey over. Was moved once from April to March which was another half hour before I could start activities and annoyed me but thought March was actually superior in the end.

This chain doesn't seem to ever operate on a pay on arrival basis the way some others (i.e.Nova and LK Groups) do so if you pay your money I suppose you take your chances...they'll be opening The May Hotel behind March shortly so I would presume punters will start getting bumped into that one too.

49 minutes ago, PR1977 said:

This chain doesn't seem to ever operate on a pay on arrival basis the way some others (i.e.Nova and LK Groups) do so if you pay your money I suppose you take your chances...they'll be opening The May Hotel behind March shortly so I would presume punters will start getting bumped into that one too.

I have thought (based on what I have found from the net) that March is worst due smaller rooms and bad location, April is the second due location at the end of dark alley and August is best due the location + it and April has a bigger rooms and better pools than March.

Archived