IGNORED

Forms needed for the 30 day tourist visa extension

SlowlyMan

Last year I went to Jomtien for my 30 day extension with a 60 day tourist visa stamp. 

I had the TM7 & Photo. Got it checked by one of the guys at the copy shop. Got in side and was promptly turned back to fill out an additional form.  I can't remember what that additional form was.

What should I have with me when I go this year?

Also, is it possible to have one of the copy shop guys carry my application in for me. (for a fee) Last time I spent half the day inside, standing room only. Elbow to elbow with a bunch of surly, sweaty guys. There must be a better way.

they have asked me for 2 photos last couple of times, plus proof of address where u are staying in pattaya.

plus it's about 3 forms to fill these days

Ok, what are those three forms?

1 was the form u used to fill, 1 is to with where u are staying, 1 is just some extra info they want (most u can leave blank for the extention u want)

they give u all the forms there it's not a problem unless u forgot to bring a pen

Well, being the person I am, I like to fill them out and print them before I leave home.

Striderman, do you know if it's possible to have the paperwork carried in for me?

Well, being the person I am, I like to fill them out and print them before I leave home.

Striderman, do you know if it's possible to have the paperwork carried in for me?

i think the boys outside at the office will help u fill in the forms for a "consideration" but inside when u get to the desk where u hand over the 1,900 bht there is a small camera and they take your pic so that part u are going to have to do in person.

In high season it can be so busy that you have to wait for hours and hours . 

If you're travelling between December and February it almost makes sense 

to do a side trip to Laos or Cambodia to get a free tourist visa from there 

instead of spending half a day in an office and paying 1900Bht for the 30 days . 

In high season it can be so busy that you have to wait for hours and hours . 

If you're travelling between December and February it almost makes sense 

to do a side trip to Laos or Cambodia to get a free tourist visa from there 

instead of spending half a day in an office and paying 1900Bht for the 30 days . 

i've done it 3/4 times in high season and it does not take that long.

certainly less time to a trip to and from cambodia in a mini van which will cost more than 1,900 bht

I suspect it's luck of the draw on being busy or not.  Last year I spent most of the day at Jomtien. The year before I spent all day at Surin. I guess I just need to suck it up along with a thousand other guys.

Back to the original questions. What is that third form we need ?

Back to the original questions. What is that third form we need ?

i've already said, it's just some additional info, most of which u don't have to complete (like bank details) on the 30 day extention.

most likely it was an order issued from bkk, and most likely it ends up in a pile to be forgotten in a storage room

I think the system works much better than before - its a lot quicker these days with the applications taken from start to finish individually based on a ticket numbering system

I would let the guys outside do all the paperwork - just take your own photos, proof of address and passport (obviously)

If you want some help completing the forms there is a visa agency right next to the Immigration office in Jomtien

And for around 300 baht they will complete all the forms for you. They can also provide photos if needed for another 150 baht. If you want them to do it all and walk you in they charge around 1100 baht on top of the 1900 baht and you can collect visa next day. Hope that helps.

Proof of address can get complicated sometimes.

Are you in a hotel or what?

A compliment slip or business card will suffice

Last time I forgot mine - I gave them my loyalty card from Loaf Bakery - which had their address on and said I am staying upstairs - they didn't look twice at it

Proof of address can get complicated sometimes.

Are you in a hotel or what?

Last time I used the paid invoice for the hotel. Seemed to work fine. I ran into a problem at Surin though. My hotel was in Burriram. They said I needed an address in Surin. I checked into a local hotel for the night and used that address the next day.

You're right guys I'm probably making more of this then I need to. I'll look for the Visa service next door.

Last year they were using the number system at Jomtien,, but they just had a bucket of numbers. it wasn't in any sequential order. I got #173, the next guy got #2. It was a cluster from beginning to end.

A compliment slip or business card will suffice

Last time I forgot mine - I gave them my loyalty card from Loaf Bakery - which had their address on and said I am staying upstairs - they didn't look twice at it

Obviously it varies a lot then, but that's why I asked where he was staying.

For hotels etc it seems pretty straightforward, but it can get complicated if you're staying in a mate's house or condo' to the extent that they may want confirmation that the TM30 Housemaster's report has been done, want a copy of the House Book and the owner's ID.

It probably also varies according to whether there is currently a terrorist alert and on their assessment of the applicant.

Last time I used the paid invoice for the hotel. Seemed to work fine. I ran into a problem at Surin though. My hotel was in Burriram. They said I needed an address in Surin. I checked into a local hotel for the night and used that address the next day.

You're right guys I'm probably making more of this then I need to. I'll look for the Visa service next door.

Last year they were using the number system at Jomtien,, but they just had a bucket of numbers. it wasn't in any sequential order. I got #173, the next guy got #2. It was a cluster from beginning to end.

If you're going to use an Agent, then I might be wrong but. despite the photo requirement, I think some of them can do it all for you without you even going to Jomtien

What was the name of the agent who was on Lk? He advertised on here for  a while.

What was the name of the agent who was on Lk? He advertised on here for  a while.

You probably mean Key Visa, now out next to BigC South.

ThaiVisaExpress is down Soi Buakhao junction Soi 15.

If you're in LKM area I would ask at the Visa Shop right near junction Soi Diana/Lenkee and Soi Buakhao.

You probably mean Key Visa, now out next to BigC South.

ThaiVisaExpress is down Soi Buakhao junction Soi 15.

If you're in LKM area I would ask at the Visa Shop right near junction Soi Diana/Lenkee and Soi Buakhao.

I don't recall seeing a visa shop in that spot. Guess I'll pay more attention next time.

I don't recall seeing a visa shop in that spot. Guess I'll pay more attention next time.

Andy Pickles.

Visa Shop.JPG

i've done it 3/4 times in high season and it does not take that long.

certainly less time to a trip to and from cambodia in a mini van which will cost more than 1,900 bht

Last time i was there it was almost a 4 hour wait ... for a f@cking extension . 

For 3k you can fly Air Asia to Phnom Penh and back . Have a few days of fun

there and get a free visa .

I would happily pay the bit of extra money .   

• 1 month later...

I've gotten an extension 4 times.

Once was during the week of Dec 25-Jan 1 2015. A bit over a 3 hour wait.  :Disease1:  Fortunately I had a seat.

The other 3 times, NOT during Christmas week and not including filling out the forms, took about 1/2 hour.

"When somebody shows you who they are, believe them" - Maya Angelou

Because of the picture they take of you at the Immigration nowadays, you have go there in person! You can no longer use a visa-service agent! Plahgat

When no money... she no give honey! 

Archived