IGNORED

Forms needed for the 30 day tourist visa extension

SlowlyMan

I stopped to the visa shop mentioned above. They claim they can still provide service for an extension. 4,000 all in. I'll pop in another day to see if if get the same answer.

they have asked me for 2 photos last couple of times, plus proof of address where u are staying in pattaya.

plus it's about 3 forms to fill these days

did an extension last week, now only 1 photo req plus proof of address, passport of course and the white dep card.......photocopies done at the outside office 15 bht

the extra form that asked a lot of daft questions has been dropped.

got there last thursday at around 09 25...................44 numbers in front of me once i had filled in the forms...........all done by approx 10 40 hrs

fee still 1,900 bht.

10 bht E/W on the baht bus plus 15 for the copies plus 1,900...............total 1,935 bht, time involved inc travel to jomtien soi 5 and back just under 2 hrs

How soon can you get the extra 30 days? If I arrive in Thailand on 11th February , could I get the extension on the 12th already for a total of 6 days?

How soon can you get the extra 30 days? If I arrive in Thailand on 11th February , could I get the extension on the 12th already for a total of 6 days?

no they will tell you to go away and come back with about 1 or 2 days to go before your current visa/permission to stay expires.

esp this time of year when the place is busy

no they will tell you to go away and come back with about 1 or 2 days to go before your current visa/permission to stay expires.

esp this time of year when the place is busy

In that case, what are the chances of an extension being refused?

In that case, what are the chances of an extension being refused?

none.

but they will only do it near the expiry of your current permission to stay

Can you go and just pick the required forms up for future use or do you need to queue to get the forms.

Are there any other places to get the forms or can you download them and print them yourself?

Can you go and just pick the required forms up for future use or do you need to queue to get the forms.

Are there any other places to get the forms or can you download them and print them yourself?

I just got my 30 day extension in Bangkok.  Filled out 1 form (TM7 form).  I imagine it's the same in Jomtien.  The form is easy to fill out, takes about 5 minutes.  Why bother picking up one, or printing out one before?  Just fill it out when you do the extension.

What you will need:

Photocopy of passport (photo page, page with entry stamp, that exit form/stub you got when you arrived)

Local Phone number (the form itself doesn't require a phone number, but the immigration officer will ask you to write it down)

A photo of yourself (4x6 cm) 

So at what stage do you get the form.when you get to the office or after you've waited for your number to be called?

So at what stage do you get the form.when you get to the office or after you've waited for your number to be called?

when you reach the office.

you only get a number after the forms are filled in and you have submitted the photo and relevant photocopies

Archived