IGNORED

Fixing up a local house

AlantheBuilder

This is a house a few local builders have been working on , the English gent has totally had enough of the situation so has called us in to sort out .We will add a roofed front sitting area and make good to the house and add trimmings.i will add pics as we go . 0421f77846fef1165f29570351904354.jpg63ec2fc57ee6708205f69bff9f273668.jpgf6e773de90ccdf7dddbc02da0ae3e10c.jpgaf84e24d91cbb2727dcfcacd7c4ddf8e.jpg94a18becbc171f9a49f8f686a4419369.jpgc1dceef57c96561f376481f5c1968a82.jpgffc9dc2ddefe4029699d1b35e0d4e661.jpg2cbff9d1a99251e3aa349cc2b59a1abc.jpg7522ed5eb5fa200a15336b7d505c83c8.jpg06c1744165403fec781a4f05ce66a898.jpg8f3ac0870cd326bbca01ae9fb63ad1fe.jpge49948907573ca0f6d0654278ddd8499.jpgb627006e7cdcf25672f7e816c3ed1ee4.jpgad261d9675dc4008afa0a000cd512cd0.jpg

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it will be really interesting to see how this progresses. Thanks for posting it.

I have built a few houses in thailand and that one has a lot going wrong with It,my advice to any Falang building in thailand is to check out the builders work common sense and stay in thailand as long as you can and over see the building and you will minimise the fuck ups

OP I thought you didn't do remodeling/renovations, only build from the ground up. 

Gonna get that bicycle fixed up as well Allan?:)

OP I thought you didn't do remodeling/renovations, only build from the ground up. 

Maybe he is starting the "renovation" with a Bulldozer. After I have seen the photo's, I probably would.

Normally we don't do fix ups but as this house is only 20 mins drive away and such a nice guy in thought we can help .

We have a small single story house next then them in the new year we hope to do a big development in Kho Chang .

So this is also a stop gap job .

I guess this will take 6 weeks ish .

First we add steel to the roof inside , and start footings for the front extension.

I have built a few houses in thailand and that one has a lot going wrong with It,my advice to any Falang building in thailand is to check out the builders work common sense and stay in thailand as long as you can and over see the building and you will minimise the fuck ups

This is why we get work Marko we send weekly pictures and have a very user friendly contract and spec (in english).

Plus now internet phone calls are free from overseas .99% of out clients work and dont wanna lose $$ buy having to sit and watch guys build.

So they pay a little extra and get us guys in , easy .They can carry on working .

At first some of the wife's want brother or cousin to do it but once they see how and what we do ,most of them soon realise they could not of competed .

We don't mess around .

Thanks for your input guys I'm always happy to answer questions.

Yes Alan also agree no family members my wife was same as me no uncles no brothers ,the part about staying as long as you can that's just me like to see what's going on and put my 2 cent worth in ,I've been in the building industry for 38 years so it is just habit ,well all the best

Alan

Make sure those welds in the roof framework get primed over afterwards :ThumbUp6:

The wayer filter system is working fine , latter we will hide the pipe work in the concrete.

We need clean fresh none smelling water for the guys to shower , so thought we would do this first normally it one of the last jobs .

This is well water not government so it has lots of minerals hard salts and calcium in it , also it smells strong .

The wayer filter system is working fine

The pipe work looks great, I'd leave it exposed if it was my place.

What's the purpose of all the valves? Isolating units for cleaning/replacing filters?

This contract for works to be carried out at

Name @ Address  of client ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

With the company above.

1-Electrcal wire whole of house including all lights sockets and provisions for air-cons where required .

2-Gypsum drop ceiling the whole house ,external sheets outside areas.

3-Add required steel to roof structure to provide strength to roof and support drop ceiling .

4- Add septic system to provide for bathroom grey and fresh water run-off and soak away.

5- Fit all missing facial boards.

6-Concrete 47 sqm of concrete footpaths 100mm with steel square section re-bar.

7-Make good to cement render around house.

8- Front house level floor and add a 2.5 overhang roof and sitting area with tiled floor to similar to house pic shown including outdoor lighting and roman style trim (as shown in example).

9- Render Bathroom and level floor.

10- Tile bathroom 36 Sqm .

11- Plumb fit toilet supplied.

12- Build in a sink counter also as shown with storage UPVC  cupboards, sink and tap tiled to match (as shown in example or there about ) Fit extractor fan.

13- Build Glass block dividing wall and Hot Panasonic shower.

14- Kitchen 2 counter as shown 1 at 4 Mt long  and 1 at 2 Mt hard wood units and Thai granite work top , Wall mounted units (as shown in examples )  2.5 Mt Including fitted sink tap and double gas burner .Tiles on back wall below wall mounted units .

15-Tile kitchen floor .

16- Tile floor house front 32 sqm tiles of your choice up to  300 a sqm.

17- Mains supply from Meter to house.

18- Aluminum double door from living room to kitchen swing.

19- Mosquito screen for kitchen open window area.

20- Make good and Paint house in and out and new ceiling 3coats walls 2 coats also make good and wood stain doors .

21- Plastic Bird stop under roof  edge.

22- Make good to roof holes.

23 - Change bathroom doors and frames .

Big list...Should look good once finished :ThumbUp6:

Solid work, if I hear of someone wanting to build I'll mention your company.  Thanks for the photos.

Looking a lot better already. :)

It seems most houses in Thailand have the kitchen cupboards and sink tops made from concrete? Do they have pre made or made to order wood cupboards? Or is there a reason they don't?

Looking a lot better already. :)

It seems most houses in Thailand have the kitchen cupboards and sink tops made from concrete? Do they have pre made or made to order wood cupboards? Or is there a reason they don't?

One of the main reasons there is little wood is the termites! plus wood is expensive here.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Archived