IGNORED

Theft from safety box in Scenery Hotel

Tomj

Maid told my mate that the place is owned by someone high up in the police.

I stopped staying there after they tried to charge me 2000 baht for sheets that i spilled soy sauce on, i said no problem ill pay but i want the sheets. Receptionist came back and said new fine was 500baht for cleaning

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

what a lot of people don't realize is that the hotel owners laziness often contributes to stuff like this happening. for example, i bet i could walk into over 80% of guesthouse rooms in pattaya and open the room safes. Why? Almost all the electronics for the door openers use the same base operating software, and come from the factory with a pre coded master password that will override your 4 digit code and open the safe anytime. and most guesthouse and hotel owners don't read the safe manual and never bother to change it. so anyone (including a smart cleaning lady who knows the code) can waltz right into your room and get in your safe like it wasn't even locked. And because all the safes use the same base software, the master code is the same on almost every safe in pattaya.

what a lot of people don't realize is that the hotel owners laziness often contributes to stuff like this happening. for example, i bet i could walk into over 80% of guesthouse rooms in pattaya and open the room safes. Why? Almost all the electronics for the door openers use the same base operating software, and come from the factory with a pre coded master password that will override your 4 digit code and open the safe anytime. and most guesthouse and hotel owners don't read the safe manual and never bother to change it. so anyone (including a smart cleaning lady who knows the code) can waltz right into your room and get in your safe like it wasn't even locked. And because all the safes use the same base software, the master code is the same on almost every safe in pattaya.

See all the posts about Milockies and PacSafes.

• 2 years later...

Archived