IGNORED

Theft from safety box in Scenery Hotel

Tomj

Please avoid Scenery hotel in soi Honey!

I always know exactly how much money I have in the safety box, so I was pretty upset October 21 2016 when I realized that 4500 dkk (23.000 baht) was missing from the box.

immediately I contacted staff in reception, and told them what had happened. I asked to see the manager, but I was told that he was busy in another hotel, and that he couldn’t speak English. They also advised me NOT to contact police. Hmmmm…..

Of course I contacted the police in soi 9, Pattaya. They made a report, took me to the hotel to have a look at the safe, take pictures etc. For some reason they were not interested in looking at the CCTV. Police told me that they the same day had been contacted by 3 other tourists who had experienced the same kind of theft in Pattaya. They also told that reception staff and cleaning staff often cooperate when they are stealing from safety boxes. 

After visit from the police, hotel staff was quite rude and aggressive towards me, and I felt threatened to keep quiet about the theft.

October 22 I was called to the reception as they wanted to show me the CCTV. It showed that only the cleaning lady (working alone) had been in my room. It took her a bit longer to clean my room than the others (about 17 minutes), and after she finished my room she went away for about 10 minutes before she returned to clean the room next door. She was probably hiding my money somewhere.

I was never allowed to talk to the manager, and I doubt that he is aware of what is going on behind his back.

Be careful out there, guys!

For us older mongers, repetition is a blessing

I have bought a small  safe which i can close seperately. Here I put my cash in and put it in the bigger safe of the hotel

Unfortunatelly this happens in more places so I take some pre-action to prevent it. 

It cost no more than US 20-25 and it help for this kind of scam. 

This type of occurrence is becoming too frequent.

Sorry to hear of your plight. Not good!

With your bad experience , I will never stay at that hotel . Thanks for the warning and hope it will never happen to you ever again .

To the OP - really sorry for your loss. Thanks for the info, I won't stay there, that's for sure.

Guys, thefts from safes in hotels in Patts are very rare, do need to see the OP's loss as a rare and not a frequent occurrence.

This exact story posted a week or two ago......i never want to be in this situation...it fucks-up your whole holiday!  

This exact story posted a week or two ago......i never want to be in this situation...it fucks-up your whole holiday!

And that's only from two BM's prepared to share there woes.

Makes me wonder how often this sort of thing REALLY happens, but isn't reported?

And that's only from two BM's prepared to share there woes.

Makes me wonder how often this sort of thing REALLY happens, but isn't reported?

Same BM same incident isn't it

That's what I was thinking, still obviously the issue has not been resolved has it?

That's what I was thinking, still obviously the issue has not been resolved has it?

Doubtful it will be resolved but a new post just mirroring the first is strange.

Probably he want us to be aware that his incident had not been resolved yet ...

( you beat me to it Tarl with your latest post )

Yeah I'm not sure the point of starting a new thread and repeating it? Plus the op usually goes awol for a while.

If i was the op I'd be persistent at contacting the manager, even if using another name/email. I think the op gave up too quickly

I bought one of those locking cash bags that are rip proof with a solid built in lock on it. Best 10 quid I have spent.

Wow. Never had an issue before but this makes me wonder now about getting something else.

With your bad experience , I will never stay at that hotel . Thanks for the warning and hope it will never happen to you ever again .

Based on one report? See the other thread about what precautions you should take when using any hotel safe.

This place is still on my list.. I took a peak the last time I stayed on Soi Honey. It is brand new compared to some of the other hotels around there at a decent price. The only problem is the pool doesn't get any sun.

Based on one report? See the other thread about what precautions you should take when using any hotel safe.

This place is still on my list.. I took a peak the last time I stayed on Soi Honey. It is brand new compared to some of the other hotels around there at a decent price. The only problem is the pool doesn't get any sun.

Yeah i wouldn't stay there. Staff and management were no help. Why risk it, loads of other choices

Tell them you are going to post this incident on Tripadvisor and Agoda. And you should.

Yes, your advice is sound.  I just checked TripAdvisor and nothing about a theft on there.

• 3 weeks later...

thanks for the heads up, ill make sure to avoid this hotel

is this a common thing?

Reading the thread, not everyone reports it which would encourage the thief to continue.

I think whats more common is the thief taking an unnoticeable amount regularly

Archived