IGNORED

Transfer money to a Thai Bank Account

blue1878

so did I, ONCE, never again, wire transfer fees, shitty exchange on both ends, lost huge.

Better to take cash, find the best currency exchange and then deposit.

There have been numerous discussions on that in many threads. :-)

If you are happy carrying cash then it's the best way to go.

Personally, I'd prefer not to carry £4-5k on me. Not just the risk of loss/theft but also the chance of being stopped at LHR and asked to prove where I got the money.

How do you incur exchange at both ends on one currency to another

The UK bank charges for an international transfer. Lloyds charges £9.50. Last time I checked, Barclays charged £25. Other banks vary.

The Thai bank charges to receive the transfer. With Krung Thai, I think it's about 200 baht.

The other thing you have to watch is that you send in GBP. The UK bank will try to get you to send in Baht. You then get the lower exchange rate that they give you.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All very true but doesnt clarify how a Canuck pays two exchanges

I see what you mean now :-)

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Sort of. I get free ATM withdrawals anywhere in the world. I pay for whatever I can with a credit card that has no international transaction fees. hotel, some dinners, etc. the rest comes out of my Thai account that I can will with 3 withdrawals.

Cost is almost nothing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How do you incur exchange at both ends on one currency to another

here is how I got stroked on both ends, my Canadian bank( or any bank for that matter) gave me a shitty rate, and k- bank also gives terrible rates compared to the exchange booths around any city.

The banks don't work for free. I exchange at vasu on the corner of 7/1 in bangkok, my home k- bank branch is across the road on suhkomvit . I save huge by doing this.

And yes as scumbag says, I should explore different options, but it would be hard to beat the current way I am doing at the moment.

here is how I got stroked on both ends, my Canadian bank( or any bank for that matter) gave me a shitty rate, and k- bank also gives terrible rates compared to the exchange booths around any city.

You can only get screwed on the exchange at one end, unless you do something stupid like convert CAD to USD before transferring it. What you get hit with at the Thai end (if the Canadian bank do the exchange - never do this unless you have no other options) is a fee for receiving the send money. This may be by your bank or an intermediary bank.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

• 2 weeks later...

Wouldn't it be better just to withdraw the money from your bank at home and then bring it over with you. I then exchange it here at the best rate I can find and then deposit it into my Kasikorn account.

Ummmm,, .... most people on this thread live here

Sent from my SM-T715Y using Tapatalk

Archived